ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tying run on 2nd...bottom of the last inning in State Tournament...kid gets called out on appeal play after tagging to 3B on a fly ball to RF. No question in my mind the umpire that awarded the appeal was from Bowling Green.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Anyone bashing on Columbia obviously has never spent much time there. Amazing city. Fastest growing in the county.

How can anyone get mad at Adair County for trying to get big time in athletics? They've always been a force in basketball, save for the last few years. Not sure why people are surprised that they are making a comeback.

Oh, the good old days of GYERO when anything goes and there weren't so many politically correct fagbois (no homo).

Awesome pics, Pti. If single, #whynot?

Sitting at Quale Chase while my daughter is taking lessons. Btw, anyone with a girl In Louisville looking for lessons, Ms. Brenda is a beast. Hates the "everyone is a winner" mentality.

About to hit the range. I've never hit down on the ball. Been a scooper my whole life. Been doing it for a couple range outings and I'm getting better at it. Can't describe the difference a true good shot feels.

GYERO recs for Atlantis restaurants?

Can't wait to drink, gambol, beach, and play golf. Tee time at the Ocean Club Wednesday at 1:30.

Z-dub is filthy. I'll be depressed if he doesn't end up @UK. ☻

I can confirm that Clapton's unplugged album is still dope. Blared that sucker at Cumberland today for a bit. #runningonfaith.

Today was about as perfect a summer day as it gets. Pumped to show Chad why we did this next weekend.

Hard getting used to the idea that by mid July we are already out of the hottest period of summer --- Georgia still has another f'ing gear of heat.humidity and whatnot to hit

I never fully appreciated just how different baseball drafting / personnel mgmt was from football.....young dude I work with was drafted by the Angels but took another direction and helps us make advanced weapons and whatnot. I had no idea that there were 30 rounds of draft activity in baseball?
And hell - they're managing their current roster plus monitoring and evaluating 2 3 or 4 minor league squads or whatever

guess I didn't realize how little i knew about it --

went just west of the city and was looking down off a roof of this place and saw what looked like a razorback
I assumed it must have been 'TAME" since it was bear a tennis court.....
Surely there's a freaky little petting zoo down there or something, right?

So I'm trotting on down to see what his fur feels like - turn the corner about 10 feet away and realize there's no fence

we both stop and look at each other and sniff the air
I pee a little

it makes a disgusted snort and trollops in another direction

they call them "havalenas" out here
it was a lot smaller than a wild boar so I naturally assumed I could pet it

Javalina-family.jpg

also got a ticket for "criminal speeding" already
I initially laughed a little because I thought Officer Santos was telling a little joke

"Criminal" Speeding -- HARDEHAR SIR -- THATS PRETTY GOOD,,,,,,oh....opk -- yea sure

we've had weaponized lasers on naval destroyers for about 3 years now
were about to put them on f'ing choppers

The ARMY
is going to be allowed to fly around

WITH LASERS

pew
pew
pew
hoorah

Those havalenas are nothing to mess with. My dads neighborhood out off Oracle Rd had everyone's yard fenced off because of the roaming packs of those things. Saw them almost daily.

Those havalenas are nothing to mess with. My dads neighborhood out off Oracle Rd had everyone's yard fenced off because of the roaming packs of those things. Saw them almost daily.

wait.........

your poppa is up on Oracle?
As in HWY 77?
Is he in Oro Valley (sp?)

Are you out here too?
IF SO
Wanna go build a fort or somethin sometime?

Honestly -- I mean --- I KNOW Boars are dangerous
But this one seemed docile and smaller
And it was near a tennis court so......at the time petting it seemed like a good idea......I was going to work my way up to giving it something from my pocket

Little bastard acted like I smelled bad

ANYWHO --- will steer clear from now on of course
Still haven't seen a scorpion, rattlesnake, hallucinogenic toads or killer bees......

but I DID get lit up by one of the "Shooting cactus" or whatever the Fk they're called

glad we have those

The west side of Cincinnati used to have a bunch of wrought iron fenced yards because pigs were driven from Indiana to the Porkopolis. The fat from those pigs is the reason Proctor and Gamble set up shop to make soap. And that pretty much lays the foundation for everything you need to know about why Cincinnati is exactly what Cincinnati is - a town borne of pig fat. TMYK

The west side of Cincinnati used to have a bunch of wrought iron fenced yards because pigs were driven from Indiana to the Porkopolis. The fat from those pigs is the reason Proctor and Gamble set up shop to make soap. And that pretty much lays the foundation for everything you need to know about why Cincinnati is exactly what Cincinnati is - a town borne of pig fat. TMYK

I swear on my left nipple that my daughter JUST asked me what Cincy is "Known for" just a day ago

I've not been there since I was a kid -- and I only went to Kings Island then

So we looked it up ....

Didn't realize that there were several international companies that had invested in and built factories (?) offices (?) there.....also apparently there's a history with chemical development of some kind

Proctor and Gamble still there too?

We were watching "Man in the High Castle" and we paused the clip to look at the maps ---- Cincy was featured on one of the maps and we didn't know why.......

Pig Fat!!!
Who KNEW????

My dad gave that Tucson house to his ex wife about 8 years ago. I stayed there for a little while one summer. She still has it and yes Oro Valley. Im sure I would definitely build a fort with you if I was still out there or go to the Frog and Firkin or something.

My dad gave that Tucson house to his ex wife about 8 years ago. I stayed there for a little while one summer. She still has it and yes Oro Valley. Im sure I would definitely build a fort with you if I was still out there or go to the Frog and Firkin or something.

I just put some cash and a VA Loan together today to reserve a lot down in Mederia Highlands - lots of new builds going up there so I don't know what might have been there when you were here a few years back

But the house will be ready around Christmas this year
Same time I was planning to come back to TN/KY for a visit but that can slide into Jan I guess

Any who --- I've only been here about 2 months
I've been exploring a lot but would love to hear any suggestions you have for places to eat well - whether upscale or diveish.....I've done solid work in both

We're renting just south of Tucson city limits right now -

and I'm staring to cross the line between "neem drinking' and "almost drunk"......right about.........

now

I

I swear on my left nipple that my daughter JUST asked me what Cincy is "Known for" just a day ago

I've not been there since I was a kid -- and I only went to Kings Island then

So we looked it up ....

Didn't realize that there were several international companies that had invested in and built factories (?) offices (?) there.....also apparently there's a history with chemical development of some kind

Proctor and Gamble still there too?

We were watching "Man in the High Castle" and we paused the clip to look at the maps ---- Cincy was featured on one of the maps and we didn't know why.......

Pig Fat!!!
Who KNEW????
It's always in the Top Ten for Fortune 500 per capita, but it peaked in the 1850's as the sixth largest city and essentially lost to Chicago and Saint Louis from there on out (whom later lost to Chicago and its railroads).

It's always in the Top Ten for Fortune 500 per capita, but it peaked in the 1850's as the sixth largest city and essentially lost to Chicago and Saint Louis from there on out (whom later lost to Chicago and its railroads).

Dayton and Wright Patterson is right up the road too isn't it?
Hanger 18 and all that - and USAF Material Command of course

Does that weigh in on the economy there?
I saw where the Japanese company Sumisei has some type of presence there --- I've had some dealings with them in the past --

I think they also came into Rupp when I was a kid and played 4 corners against one of Hall's stronger teams ..... final score something like 27-14?

I don't know that much about their teams but I seem to have an innate dislike for them.....can't put my finger on it......

and what the HELL is a bearcat anyway?

....gettin another drink and whatnot :boom:

and what the HELL is a bearcat anyway?

Part mongoose and part proof that UC has been ate-up with UK for a long time.

From UC.edu: A new era was born when Kentucky came to town. The Wildcats were a formidable team and UC was struggling. During the second half of the game, cheerleader Norman "Pat" Lyon, building on the efforts of fullback Leonard K. "Teddy" Baehr, created a new chant: "They may be Wildcats, but we have a Baehr-cat on our side."

Typical.

Also, re: Rabbit Hash, every time it ends up in the news, I'm amused at the fact that it's portrayed as some middle-of-nowhere holler where people still have to get their groceries from this one 200-year-old, 100-square-foot general store. I mean, it is kind of out there as far as places in the Greater Cincinnati area go, but there's also like 5 Krogers within 15 miles of there...

It's one thing when the national news does it, which is predictable, but there was a story on the local news a few weeks ago (done by a Louisville station, oddly enough) where they did the same thing.

Part mongoose and part proof that UC has been ate-up with UK for a long time.

From UC.edu: A new era was born when Kentucky came to town. The Wildcats were a formidable team and UC was struggling. During the second half of the game, cheerleader Norman "Pat" Lyon, building on the efforts of fullback Leonard K. "Teddy" Baehr, created a new chant: "They may be Wildcats, but we have a Baehr-cat on our side."

Typical.

Also, re: Rabbit Hash, every time it ends up in the news, I'm amused at the fact that it's portrayed as some middle-of-nowhere holler where people still have to get their groceries from this one 200-year-old, 100-square-foot general store. I mean, it is kind of out there as far as places in the Greater Cincinnati area go, but there's also like 5 Krogers within 15 miles of there...

It's one thing when the national news does it, which is predictable, but there was a story on the local news a few weeks ago (done by a Louisville station, oddly enough) where they did the same thing.

holy
Lord

I ...well, I just don't have anything NICE to say right now
and I'm trying to stop doing that

Been talking smack to the Arizona fans already
Went and looked up the all time history for UK and Zona Basketball

3-2 Arizona

I remember the Jeff Brassow tip in at Maui and of course 1997's loss
But I somehow missed the other two losses since then -- one was in Maui and another maybe Puerto Rico

There was one outlier back in like 1946 where we blew them out in the NIT

So ALL 5 meetings between UK and Arizona basketball were in tournament settings of one kind of another

Would love to add these guys and drop maybe Kansas for a while
(partially selfish reasons of course)

Had a kid hurl his bat like that 3 times today and they called him out because of it twice

Zion Williamson will be an absolute monster wherever he chooses to go-to school. 6'6" point forward who routinely brings the ball up and attacks the rim/rebounds like Larry Johnson. IDGAF whether he can shoot 3s, he won't need to.

-When does GoT end? Nothing worse than completely normal people turning into fantasy land dorks for the next few months.

-Hell of a weekend in Louisville. Haven't been "out" up there in a couple years. Ruby's, pool, Seviche, etc. Couldn't have painted better weather. Shout out to my digital besties that both stood me up. Bonz came through, doh.

-Williamson + Quickley package deal? Lol. Add that to what should be a real solid cast of experience and we're back to a super team.

-Heat ramping up a bit this week. Little warmer than my preferred high 80s but I guess that's part of it for long days and warmth.

-Gender reveals... smh.

-When does GoT end? Nothing worse than completely normal people turning into fantasy land dorks for the next few months..

Except for completely normal people who don't watch your show, and defend their tastes by acting like a high school kid that seethes with jealousy because he wasn't invited to sit at the cool kids lunch table.

The mass popularity of Game of Thrones has always been interesting to me because - speaking as a nerd - fantasy is about the nerdiest shit imaginable. But I think the books and series are proof that if something is done well enough, it can appeal to a wide audience no matter its genre.

Reactions: parrott and _Chase_
Don't forget the Limo that took you around Louisville all weekend, Anth. Looked LIT.

-GoT definitely doesn't fit my "what I like" category, but the consensus says it's an amazing show, and that includes people who don't like 'fantasy' type stuff. I definitely plan to watch it when it hits Prime or free in 2027 or whatever.

-Club's Invitational this weekend. Made it to the last hole of the shootout...was eliminated in a chip-off that required the tape measure. :mad: Shootouts should be a part of every tournament, or it's own spin-off sport. So fun.

^ sorry to my digital friend on bailing on Ruby's. Told ya there was a slight chance -- odds were just as good I would be done golfing by 6pm...instead was still alive at dark (and hammered, by that point).

74 on Saturday, which put me in the Final group for Sunday, based on me being the 1st of several 74s in the clubhouse, and a few of the favorites playing poorly. Something I haven't experienced in awhile -- and it showed. Sunday was a complete bust, but great weekend...made my entry fee money back & then some.

-Eli Barron 2 Weeks :fire::fire::fire:

-Lonzo seems to be settling in nicely, which should be a surprise to nobody.

-Live From...:golf: Going w/ Rory to regain form this week.

The mass popularity of Game of Thrones has always been interesting to me because - speaking as a nerd - fantasy is about the nerdiest shit imaginable. But I think the books and series are proof that if something is done well enough, it can appeal to a wide audience no matter its genre.

Sex/nudity, violence, gore, soap opera storylines. Pretty much a perfect formula for nerd success.

Picked up from TR late afternoon was our only visit. Surprisingly we didn't hang in the bars much. Hit Gerstle's for a couple Friday night until the average age dipped below 21. Then Saturday ended up at Bearno's by the Bridge to listen to a friends band. 1 Drink at TR waiting on their buddies limo to arrive.

Also had our member guest/invitational this week. It's a quota and modified stableford format. Par minus our combined handicaps (15) 1 point for bogey, 2 points for a par, 4 for birdie, 5 for eagle, 8 for double eagle. We were tied for third after Saturday, quota was adjusted by half our overage. Needed six points on last hole to just hit our second day quota. I birdied, partner lipped out a birdie. Came home up about $300.

I left four putts a combined 12" from the hole. Two were for birdie, two for par. Four more points would have netted us about $1600 each.

Such is golf. Had a blast though.

*Our club champ came in sixth in the city. 76, then a 67 and a 69.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT