ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowling Green is a nice little place with a quaint downtown.

A perfectly fine town to stop for gasoline on your way to Nashville.

It’s got a wonderful car museum where they sometimes hide classic automobiles in sinkholes.

WHO SHOT YA?

Reactions: Mashburned
Add "we have more money than Bowling Green" to the list of things Louisville people puff their chest out about. I guess that makes three counting Muhammad Ali and the Kentucky Derby

When's the last time the Enquirer wrote an op-ed about how much better Cincinnati is than Marion, OH? hmmmmmm...

Reactions: rudd1
Love this pic of Eric C Conn that the FBI released. On the lam but had to stop and grab a cold drink and what appears to be a twinkie.
DEtHEC-XUAA76J5.jpg

Not sure why he hasn't chartered a boat to Cuba or somewhere by now. Unless he doesn't have any money or has decided the rest of his life in prison isn't so bad, I don't get it.

I personally am offended by that article. Come call me a Lexington leftist to my face m'fer.

Add "we have more money than Bowling Green" to the list of things Louisville people puff their chest out about. I guess that makes three counting Muhammad Ali and the Kentucky Derby

When's the last time the Enquirer wrote an op-ed about how much better Cincinnati is than Marion, OH? hmmmmmm...

You do realize that the Bowling Green rag initiated this with their idiotic op-ed, right?

And I am not familiar with Marion, but I doubt their paper would publically suggest Cincinnati leaves Ohio because of the gays.

KENTUCKY!

Reactions: catholic_back
I'm pretty sure most cities without collective compensatory narcissism don't care what weekly podunk newspapers say; regardless of who started it.

- the whole story is bullshit. The ag in California is a grandstanding whore. Other than some goofy ass bathroom bill...there are no "anti-gay" laws in KY.

-Gray and Fischer look like dumbasses for begging california to exempt them. The actual economic impact of sanctioned state employee trips to KY has been/would be nominal. It's just a couple of pols trying to score media covereage...again whores.

- The dumbass author of the of the first article is an bigot/idiot...and the response is an over the top/childish diatribe from another bigot/idiot.

-manufactured drama.

- did a little research...twas not a bathroom bill. It was the religious freedom bill.

From PBS.org:
Senate Bill 17, signed Monday by Republican Gov. Matt Bevin, applies to public schools, colleges and universities. The bill permits students to express their religious views within their assignments, allows professors to include Biblical lessons in their teaching, and authorizes campus organizations to set their own rules regarding membership.

The legislation, which passed 81-8 with bipartisan support, also states "religious and political organizations are allowed equal access to public forums on the same basis as nonreligious and nonpolitical organizations."

-sucks that Louisville was removed from consideration for the 2 conferences. No way of knowing if they were close to landing the deal...or they were one of a dozen in consideration.

- we have entered the age where politicization of *everything* is the norm...and reasonable people cannot disagree on minor issues yet still do business/break bread. Awful.

WKU literally has no shame.

They will do whatever the hell it takes to move up the food chain in big time athletics.

They probably started a bring a whore recruiting program too after getting jealous of UL.

The timing of Western Kentucky losing two basketball assistants in the last two weeks, one of them being Mitchell Robinson's godfather Shammond Williams, is interesting.

Eff Rick Stansbury and his stupid My Chemical Romance eyeliner.

Stansbury can EAD. He bitched about not making the 2010 tourney because the Bledsoe free throw play that forced overtime but had his team played other teams as well has they played Kentucky they would have coasted into the tourney. Shitty coach.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Anyone bashing on Bowling Green obviously has never spent much time there. Amazing city. Fastest growing in Kentucky.

How can anyone get mad at WKU for trying to get big time in athletics? They've always been a force in basketball, save for the last few years. Not sure why people are surprised that they are making a comeback.

Should let their football team play in the Gov Cup. Arguably the best in the state the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT