ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAE nailed the golf take. If you didn't grow up in the game going out on a Sunday for 6 hours(door to door) isn't worth it. Maybe when little man is old enough to join but right now, no thanks.

Plus, it needs to be shortened. 12 makes the most sense.

-have not played a hole of golf in 4 years. Gave it a good run...couple of different clubs. Decent golfer...14 ghin. Not my Jam. Enjoy watching Major tournaments/Ryder cup.

-if I have 3-4 hrs to burn I'm going to the woods/water.

-john muir>harvey penick.

If you don't want to make the sacrifice of time/effort/money to participate in something, or even worse if you don't play because you suck at it, that's one thing. But quit making excuses for why a certain sport isn't good enough. Golf is great, and a round of 18 doesn't last much longer than the typical college football game these days.

You know it's a slow day when someone gets taken to task for tongue in cheek banter that is borderline self-deprication. Y'all need to chill.

That's just how those Hollywood types like King Llama are.

I'm at the beach and it's 74 degrees and raining. Horseshit. Thank God for sweet, sweet booze. Supposed to be the same shit tomorrow, so I'll probably take the kids to see Captain Underpants and try to sneak some beers in via my wife's purse.
sounds like a real washout lol

FullSizeRender%2B%252810%2529.jpg

Keep seeing this Bachelor in Paradise news on twitter and have no idea what's going on, other than Corrine got some nice ass tit-tays

Oh you mean the girl that was beaten and mutilated on camera like the prostitute in the movie seven?! Oh wait they reviewed the tapes and nothing really happened okay cool we'll resume filming thanks internet rumors!

I grew up on golf courses, both playing and just riding along with my dad; there is still no place I would rather be.
A chance to be away from all the stress of life, surrounded by quiet natural beauty. So many great times. Playing with friends. Playing couple's golf and sharing cocktails and fun with other couples who are just as happy to be free from the kids as you are. Even just riding along watching my husband play. Why would anyone want to shorten any of that?
The ultimate chance to unplug and relax.
It will never get old.

-8 leading the KY State Am...after R1.

That's kinda silly, not a great look for Keene Run.

I take lessons from Grover Justice, one of the better playing PGA pros in the State, who teaches at Keene. He said he thought 8 under might do it for 3 rounds. McDaniel did that in one round and bogeyed 18. Billy Tom Sargent from WKU had a 65 with a ball out. 12 or 13 won at Cherry Blossom a couple years back and that's MUCH easier than Keene, I think.

College kids - they're good.

- Good seeing Rex speak out on the opioid problem. This isn't just junkies. Hell, two of the most high profile, competive athletes of our lifetime (Tiger and Favre) became addicted to pain pills.

- Love Aaron Fox's smack- some great dadisms in that quote:

"ate his ass up"
"yap yap yapping"
"let your game speak for itself "
"you ain't got to fuss"

- We've had some great kids here under Cal.

I'm certainly not a college basketball but if Lonzo Ball was from Colorado would the Lakers even consider taking him over Fox? Fox has proven to be the better player head to head and most certainly has a higher ceiling if his jump shot develops.

The SportsScience w/ Fox was pretty cool. His reaction time was the fastest they'd recorded across all sports, then he beat a professional boxer in the same game head 2 head for funsies. #Swipa

Looks like Ball is handed the keys from Day 1 as well now that they sent D'Angelo packing. I actually like that trade for them. Randle was already due for a breakthrough year IMO, and adding Lopez, one of the better center scorers in the league will only open things up for him even more.

Despite all the peripheral nonsense, Ball is just a dude great players will want to play with, and the Lakers are positioning themselves space for a few Max deals over the coming seasons -- You know exactly what you're getting as much as any player in the draft. He's the best elite player since Kidd, and maybe later Rondo, at making his primary focus getting others the rock, which is appealing to anyone who plays with him. I mean, Rondo is arguably the biggest toucher in the modern era, but those other dudes always knew they were going to get the ball, and all he cared about was winning.

Could definitely see Fox ending up being the more dynamic individual player, but there is no way the Lakers will or should pass on Ball.

Last edited:
^ I'm seeing lots of reports they will let Randle walk or are trying to move him? Haven't watched much of him but has he been disappointing?

There's been some talk for sure -- lots of the NBA heads love him & are convinced he's going to be a star eventually.

He's been up and down, but showed flashes & actual sustained stretches last year of really hitting that next level.

Reactions: UK_Dallas
* Made out like a bandit yesterday at the grocery store. Bought a $45 bottle of Casamigos that wouldn't scan properly. The clerk didn't even know what it was.

yeah, it won't scan, so he gon go check on the price of that wine fo ya.

The kid she sent to do the price check was about 15, cross eyed, and had 6-inch thick glasses. He also asked me which direction of the store to go to find it, either to the left (dairy), or to the right (liquor/wine/beer). Finally, he comes back...

uhhh.....twenty dollas and sixty nine cent!

:joy:

100% sure he just completely made that up. There isn't a single item in grocery store history that costs $20.69, but I was happy to get $25 off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT