ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can talk about our lack of a rim protector, which I don't really get because Bam is a 6'10" athletic freak, and our weakness on defense at the 4....but really, if we can just clean up our transition D, it will make all the difference in the world. UCLA and UNC made us pay way way too many times after freaking made baskets.

That's inexcusable, that's youth.

Last edited:
There were quite a few baby blues in the crowd, but they got smoked by the BBN anytime the cheers broke out.

Nearly had an incident with one of them sitting next to me. No F's were given.

Saw Rogue One today. Very solid.

Focus is now on Louisville. L's down baby.

Reactions: jayroon
We must always have that image projected on us so that elitists can pat themselves on the back for hating us, thus allowing them to puff their chests more about being tolerant, accepting, and open-minded. When our basketball team is good, it must be attacked to remind us that we have nothing to be proud of and that we have a *long* way to go before we are allowed to be taken seriously.

I don't know, man. Seems paranoid to me...

-People hate Kentucky because as a state, we represent a cesspool of backwards white racists. We must always have that image projected on us so that elitists can pat themselves on the back for hating us, thus allowing them to puff their chests more about being tolerant, accepting, and open-minded. When our basketball team is good, it must be attacked to remind us that we have nothing to be proud of and that we have a *long* way to go before we are allowed to be taken seriously.

Maybe the Russians hacked the rims.

MAGA

Reactions: CoolCat45
That inside out dribble Monk made that left Berry frozen was absolutely filthy. The gasp from the crowd was clearly audible.

#36?

Reactions: jayroon
[banana]
0e132c4aa1534761a779631f41fbffbd.png
I like to think that he smashed.

Reactions: Hankshaker
For those of you who didn't attend the game, the arena had some asshole in an ugly Christmas sweater, mic in hand, who served as the defacto game MC. Every timeout he'd be on the court leading sorry ass cheers, hyping the Kiss Cam on the video monitor, and basically just being a cheesedick dbag.

Scott Fresh or something. I mean, in an otherwise perfect, amazing weekend, that dude can get ragingly pumped. He may go thorougly F himself. And while we're at it, can F the everlove off. IMO.

I mean, WTF needs these little sideline shenanigans. As an everlovin cheeseball myself, I can't stand it either.

He has Baylor, UCLA, Villanova, and Gonzaga as one seeds with Butler, Louisville, Kansas and Creighton as two seeds.

Good Lord. Not interested in Kentucky, Duke or North Carolina? What a clown.

Reactions: _Chase_
You could hear the cheesy MC pretty clearly on the Texas Roadhouse Rex Chapman Kareoke Hour.

TMobile Arena was super badass though. Brand new. Sight lines and such. Extremely well organized. Right on the strip. Fantastic venue.
Truth. Will be a great big event spot.

Nothing like completely overwhelming a city with fans. Drinking planes out of booze, getting asked a million times why everyone is from KY, pregaming at some unexpected bar that is drastically unprepared. The SAECATFAN neutral site take was terrible.

Speaking of J Nime-Pal, she rolled up to the sports book last night with a huge Prada shopping bag, woot wooting and such.

We were hammered at this point, and her hubbie (who was boozing with us while she was shopping his cash away at a furious pace) was less than enthused.

Honestly, we should probably send the PD over today to do a welfare check on her. Not sure she survived that wrath.

Nah. You're just being a grumpy bitch.

1. UK Fans love to travel to these games and plan their vacations around. This has been going on for decades.

2. Most importantly... if you want your Wildcats back at home... why have you turned down lower arena tickets the several times I've asked you? WTF do you care where they play?

Reactions: warrior_SW
Speaking of J Nime-Pal, she rolled up to the sports book last night with a huge Prada shopping bag, woot wooting and such.

We were hammered at this point, and her hubbie (who was boozing with us while she was shopping his cash away at a furious pace) was less than enthused.

Honestly, we should probably send the PD over today to do a welfare check on her. Not sure she survived that wrath.
Missed that our buddy rolled in the day before with a Prada bag and she was all over it. Then the next day replicated to perfection.

Vegas is just the best.

Forgot to mention that during the game UNC claimed 5 and then 6 titles at seperate time out contests. :joy: At least they're smarter than us and apparently arrive at they're equally impressive results in a much more dignified manner. UCLA fan and I got a chuckle out of it.

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
Forgot to mention that during the game UNC claimed 5 and then 6 titles at seperate time out contests. :joy: At least they're smarter than us and apparently arrive at they're equally impressive results in a much more dignified manner. UCLA fan and I got a chuckle out of it.

Yeah, the UNC propaganda films we're a bit off.

COUPLES!!

Nothing like completely overwhelming a city with fans. Drinking planes out of booze, getting asked a million times why everyone is from KY, pregaming at some unexpected bar that is drastically unprepared. The SAECATFAN neutral site take was terrible.

It was not an unexpected bar. The UK Las Vegas alumni club set this event up. So either they didn't actually talk to the Diablo Cantina, or the staff there didn't understand what was coming. Somebody done F'ed up though.

And STK can join the ranks of Public House as far as I'm concerned. Yeah sure we had a party of 36, but not being able to split the checks is just being lazy. Christ if they can do it at Applebee's, they should be able to do it in Vegas. So being the one to put it on my card, yeah I got screwed.

It did lead to a fun conversation with Pti's new lass about the Credit Card game, which she was knowledgeable about. Even rubbed it in about the Chase Sapphire Reserve card...so I had to whip about my FICO. She was rather impressed with the size of my credit score.[winking]

Anth won't travel to Louisville for a UK game with 6 month's notice but I'm expected to make it to Lexington at 7:30 on a Tuesday with a 4:00 text or else I'm not a true fan.

K.

Regardless, I'm not against the neutral site games at all, I just thought this year's slate of them was a bit excessive.

Last edited:
The Hofstra game in Brooklyn at 3:00 on a Sunday was the real head scratcher for me.

And "well it was supposed to open the new arena on Long Island!" isn't really an excuse.

Reactions: ukalum01
Early UL player seems to be somewhat confident for the game Wednesday. Early UL player's Dad says UL is going to get their asses kicked.

Seems consistent with what I've seen/read. Admittedly I have not watched much of them at all, but their scores seem to indicate that they're decent-good. The computers love them, especially against UK. However, in speaking with my UofL buddies they're all confident they'll get waxed.

I mean McMahan and Levitch get minutes is all I keep going back to.

One really positive thing about the neutral site games other than the event/party is that the crowds >>>> x 1,000,000 Rupp crowd.

That crowd on Sat on tv sounded like a SEC Tourney crowd. They looked juiced.

Reactions: drxman1
Oh sure the crowds away from Rupp are more and all. It's just the constant reminder of my non-baller status IRL, as compared to my baller status on GYERO.

Snyder on Fox? Pfffft. Retard Bruno Mars is going to be on skates all day.

UL better hit some shots to set up something that will slow down UK. Anus the rest of the United Nations will not be able to get up the floor with us on missed shots.

I look for Bam to have a big day.

Snyder on Fox? Pfffft. Retard Bruno Mars is going to be on skates all day.

I guarantee there's more than a few of those position by position breakdowns on Louisville boards that give Snyder "a slight edge over Monk because he's a streaky shooter and Snyder has the experience and toughness"

Chase Sapphire Porsche Boat Card.

I probably still have to wait another 18 months before Chase gives me another card.

:oops:

And for the record, the steak at STK was decent, but nothing special. The place has a cool vibe though. Tony's crushes IMO.

Last edited:
I'm thisclose to wanting Humphries to start, possibly only as a reaction to people bitching about the big lovable oaf.

Marcus.

Cal preached all last week about rebounding and we ended up outrebounding the best rebounding team in the country.

Imagine he will harp on transition d during these 3 a day sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT