ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MattJonesKSR in post game show is not sugar coating this loss, and last two weeks. Taking on both Milquetoast and Stoops. Big props to him. This is gonna be fun to listen to.

Kinda surprised at how much he laid at the feet of Barnhart. He's right. Just surprised he said it, especially on a post game show. Gonna be some awkward moments over the course of this season between the media and Barnhart if this thing keeps tanking.

Can't expect to turn things around in 4 years. We live in a microwave society. And fans expect immediate results. Stoops inherited a bad situation and he's slowly turning the corner. Upgrades to facilities and improved recruiting...he's doing it the right way. Plus, Harris toured the practice facility and says that the time is now.

Quit being impatient.

This is quite the spectacle at Bristol. Very impressive IMO and might lead to more games like this across the country.

If our big time donors, TMFH, Anth, etc, give enough money to make the upgrades possible, I'm pretty sure we can come up with the money to buy out the Great Ginger. Just sayin.

If it comes to that and UK has to get money from big hitters to pay Stoops, I hope those big donors demand a say in the next hire.

The Bristol game is a spectacle, but it's a viewing nightmare. The camera is shaky because they're having to zoom in so close.

But it's going to make a ton of $$$$$ so yeah, we'll see more crap like this.

Seriously, what's the list of potential replacements? We've somehow lowered our "reputation" ([laughing]:flush:) below what it was when Brooks was hired. SEC money and all that, but who in their right mind comes here?

Let's just go full on coaching graveyard and hire some old guys and replace them every 5 years when they retire to garden maters. Get Tressel on the damn phone

Reactions: Get Bucket$
I want no part of Mitch Barnhart making or even overseeing any more decisions with the Kentucky football program.

He may keep the UK Rifle squad on point, or whatever, but he is an abject failure in anything that matters (other than hiring Cal and Rich Brooks, which was luck).

Last edited:
Reactions: bradyjames
I agree Barnhart has to go before any decision on Stoops is made. A new AD should be allowed to suss out the situation and may also go a long way to getting boosters to write off the Stoops debacle. Then call Tressel.

Thinking about the $30k tailgate trailers makes me actually laugh out loud. That's f*cking hilarious. Mitch should be fired FOR THAT. And also for thinking the faithful give a hot wet shit about swimming or women's soccer or hurdles. And also for being a lazy no-background checking f*ck and hiring a sociopath with a drinking dependency for the most high profile job in the state. And for pushing out the best football coach since Bear gotdamn Bryant so he could hire his buddy. And for spending the first 30m of John Caliparis introductory press conference APOLOGIZING TO THE MEDIA FOR THE HIRE. And for hiring some kiss ass loser with a famous last name for the most profitable sport on campus. AND for the inevitable Neal Brown hire that will happen in 2 years. Maaaan f*ck Mitch Barnhart. Go athletic direct LCA c-cksucker.

Id trade for Neal Armstrong idgaf if he's dead or not I don't even know. Just saying he's about the 10th best available option so that's what we'll get.

Give the job to Dewayne Peevy. Cal likes him so he has to be normal.

I saw Mitch Barnhart at some outlet mall in Destin like 10 years ago and this motherf-cker got this turbo goofy smile and was all "HEY!!" like he'd just run into one of his church small group friends. Loser ass dork. F-ck him.

The Aggies have gone 8-41 since 2011's magical 4-9 run that ended with then-head coach DeWayne Walker deciding the Jacksonville Jaguars would offer a better work environment, which is a terribly sad fact for me to type, let alone to imagine being a reality.

We should just make New Mexico State our Washington Generals. Play them every week. They don't have a conference after this season and the SEC won't miss us.

Reactions: robvio
I'm not sure I can step foot in that stadium again this year. I hate to just eat the tickets, but if I'm going to be a miserable cynical POS the entire time, why bother?

Honestly, I'm just happy the line at the dippin dots stand near section 22 will be shorter. Hoping to see some BOGO offers forthcoming.

Last edited:
This seems like a good time to point out that Matthew Mitchell makes one million dollars a year, or in other terms 1/12th of a Stoops buyout.

Actually, I checked. He makes more than that. And Barnhart should also be fired for the following sentence:

"The deal, announced Thursday afternoon at a news conference, will pay [Matthew Mitchell] a minimum of $7.95 million during the next seven years.

'He's become an ambassador for this university in some very, very unique ways,' Kentucky Athletics Director Mitch Barnhart said at the event."

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...ball-women/article44171520.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: _Chase_
Even in today's market, 12 mill is AWHOLEBUNCHA money. Need to find SEVERAL willing boosters, have a bake sale, conduct 1/2 court country ham shoots during all Rupp home games, maybe an alumni donkey basketball game at Memorial.

Whatever it is, Mitch will figure it out.

/originalpurplerolleyes

/originalpurplerolleyes

rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT