ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Meh, Daniel's rarely picks definitively. In fact he takes grief over that.

-mock the credit card game but even at just doing a few cards we've paid for 3 vacations and several flights. If you're not running all household expenses through a point bearing card at minimum then you're nuts. I get if you didn't want to churn cards for bonuses. If you eat out or travel a lot it's even worse. At least get a free flight or room occasionally. Anyway if you're not doing this go find the sapphire reserve card for 100k bonus points and there ya go. That's 2k in travel alone.

-Sounds like mitch negotiated this Iowa deal

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Criticize Mitch, fairly, for that stupid contract. But if you follow college sports at all, you should know it really is the norm.

Charlie Strong has something like a $12 million buyout, AND they paid Louisville $4.5 million to get him out of that deal. Absurdity. All over.

Somewhere between 15-20 airlines participate in TSA pre, including all of the major US carriers, but it's by no means all airlines.

Credit cards, much like pre-check, are highly overrated. Nothing more than a conduit to extreme debt. Dave Ramsey & cash/debit card FTW.

Today, right this minute, Ferentz's buyout is 45 million. At Iowa. With no conferences titles in the last 13 years.

I hate agreeing with PTI but he's dead on in the argument.

^Is that for real or you being facetious? Because just pay your cards off every month=credit score going up and literally free money vs paying for it with cash/debit card.

Thanks for the info on precheck though.

anth, you and I are really on a roll here. Just throwing this out there -- how do you feel about matching white patent leather shoes and belts?

I'm anti. You?

Reactions: drxman1
I mean, I get people can fall on hard times and have to go into debt. But for the average consumer, if you can view a credit card as a conduit to rewards, and pay the sucker off every month, then more power to ya.

I remember those days in college. First credit card, felt like you were rich. Spent more time paying that sucker off than actually putting any savings away.

Guess I am what these companies consider a "burner." I want the points and miles, and I play by their rules. Make the minimum purchases, enjoy my perks, and then I'm out. I don't feel bad in the least about it, considering they are a bunch of wolves just trying to lure sheep in to slaughter at 18+%.

You borrow money for EVERYTHING, goofball.

These companies consider you "a whale," if anything.

So around how many cards do you have Pope? I was under the impression having like 10 would be a bad thing for your score? Then do you just leave like 6-8 at home in a drawer never to use them again?

I mean I've seen people go to pay for something and they are shuffling through them like a deck of cards to figure out which one they need to use for the purchase. I just always assumed those people were continuously transferring balances to not pay their immense credit debt/interest.

Seeing "false" pop up randomly in life is one of my hat toboggans.

Can't think of what it is, DirecTV maybe? But there is some error code that pops up in my life a few times per year that says FALSE. Cracks me up every time, usually enough that I forget what I'm supposed to be frustrated about.

Also, the first word on our 'Atari' game plugin that we got several years ago on the Hangman game was 'False'. Amazing story I know, but it was a pretty special moment.

UKO should have retired after that.

Yes, and "touch" makes me *butthead laugh*

Criticize Mitch, fairly, for that stupid contract. But if you follow college sports at all, you should know it really is the norm.

Charlie Strong has something like a $12 million buyout, AND they paid Louisville $4.5 million to get him out of that deal. Absurdity. All over.

Yeah Charlie Strong and Stoops are good comparisons.

Dropping off some randoms.

Speaking of CC points, Doing London in October for 6 days. 60k United Points dropped flight from $1500 to $178 round trip. Seeing Arsenal-Sunderland in Sunderland (Which is a 4 hour train ride from London) and Bengals-Redskins while over there. Booked an AirBNB in Hampstead for about $75/night. Gonna end up dropping slightly over $1,000 for the whole trip.

Have the Chase Sapphire, Southwest RR, United MileagePlus, British Airways, and Delta SkyMiles AMEX. Haven't carried a balance on any, and haven't paid for a flight in almost 3 years now. As long as you're smart with money it's a no brainer not to hit those 50k bonus points for each card.

Hadn't had a good twitter meltdown in awhile. Knowing the Reds were done before the season started helped with that. Stayed sober Saturday night or else it would have been much worse. Called out Rowland on his comment about Stoops being willing to stay long-term, since the ink was barely dry on his first contract before he suckered an extension out of ol Mitch.

Deciding on which Twolves road games to go on this year. Probably will do LA again to see Lakers since my sister still lives out there, and DC for Wizards as well as the yearly jaunts to Cleveland, Indiana, and Detroit. So nice having a UK guy finally get over to Minny.

US-Mexico World Cup Qualifier November 11th in Columbus.

- Mark Stoops is the man for a lot of things off the field, but the results on the field aren't matching the rest of it. His staff can recruit and has been able to raise the money needed to make UK viable, but the staff cant make it all work in unison. A few pieces to an incomplete puzzle and we see the results. If you look back on the wins Stoops has had, the most impressive is...well against god awful teams. The best teams have been punches and the bad losses have been punches below the belt.

You don't lose to Southern Miss in year 4, at home. You just don't.

- Stoops lost me the day he made it awkward on KSR. I keep trying to give him chances, but losses to lesser teams isn't something that should happen when you out recruit them. You have to man up and look at yourself in the mirror. If @MattJonesKSR questions you and you feel that defensive, then you cant take the heat you love to dish out on the sidelines. Matt's question was fair and in a friendly setting. It was warranted. Just own it.

- I don't have the heart to hear we just don't have the athletes nonsense. True, you don't have Alabama level athletes but this year this team is loaded in comparison to many teams of the past. You had enough to beat Southern Miss. What you didn't have is a coaching staff that could outcoach a C-USA team.

- Chester needs someone to slap some damn sense into him. I dig his passion but use some common sense. You lose like that to a quality opponent, fine. Give me the pep talk. You lose to Southern Miss with a roster of players you have recruited, I don't need a pep talk. I need a stout drink and for some screaming fan to STFU.

*back to lurking*

So around how many cards do you have Pope? I was under the impression having like 10 would be a bad thing for your score? Then do you just leave like 6-8 at home in a drawer never to use them again?

I mean I've seen people go to pay for something and they are shuffling through them like a deck of cards to figure out which one they need to use for the purchase. I just always assumed those people were continuously transferring balances to not pay their immense credit debt/interest.

I'll keep this brief. I've had something like 25 in last 2 years, but have been culling several once the year was up and the annual fee came calling. It really hasn't effected my credit score much.

I use pretty much 4 now. Chase Sapphire for all dining. Delta Amex platinum for delta travel and car rental, Amex blue cash preferred for supermarkets (6% cash back) and gas(3%), and Capitol One Venture for all other purchases (double points on everything).

One card that I think is pretty good but nobody talks about is the Barclay Wyndham rewards card. Sure, most of their hotels aren't great, but the grand Wyndhams in several big cities are nice. Have stayed in Chicago there free like 5 nights.

But as always, pay everything on time and profit.

Last edited:
Huge Clemson Tigers and 'Noles fan, right here.

Really need Dabo, Jimbo and company to beat UofL a 3rd straight year, frankly.

cant see ESPN picking FSU-UL over Ohio St - Oklahoma. but if they do good, would piss off UK fans at our awful position & cause them to demand changes even more urgently.

Louisville getting Gameday would be the straw that broke the camel's back with me.

howard-schnellenberger-1989-collegiate-collection-louisville.png

And UK never recovered.

Pretty pumped about Louisville's emergence as a national power. As an alum, it makes me very, very proud. L yeah.

Louisville getting a College Gameday, while Little brother down in Lexington talks a big game. Fires a offensive coach, makes him the scapegoat, only to have him luckily take a job with a team who just happens to be UK's first opponent the following year. He makes a fool out of said coach who put the failures of a shitty team on him. He who laughs last, laughs the loudest, Charlie Brown / Lucy and those kinds of things. Stoops really needs to hire a VERY experienced former head coach to help him, he is in way over his head. He has to have someone stand beside him and hold his hand, let him spend ALL of his time working on that poor excuse of a defense, and let said "Assistant Head Coach" actually run the team.

Ducks, heads back to lurking.

I wouldn't have attended U of L if it were the last school on earth offering an MBA program. TS.

Pretty selfish statement. My grandfather passed away in 1968 when my grandmother was 39 years old. She only had a high school education, and had 2 kids at home (my mother had already left for college...which she paid for on her own). My grandmother hadn't worked since she was a child growing up in the 30s. With little hopes at getting a good job to support her family for the long term, she went to JCC for 2 years, and then UofL, all while working part-time, and raising 2 children...in LaGrange (so she had a 30+ minute commute each way). She then became a teaching assistant, and went on to get her Master's degree at UofL as well. She taught in the Oldham County school system for 20+ years, and was well regarded as one of the best teachers at her school.

You can rip on Louisville sports all you want (corrupt, everything UK isn't, etc.), but the University itself serves a community/state need, and my grandmother took full advantage of the system to better her life and the life of her family. I can't hate on that, and think it's very short-sighted for many on here to do so.

I can make the same argument for Pti(pti)...though not as extreme as my grandmother...but he bettered his life by doing that MBA Program...and busted his ass for many years working during the day and studying at night. Dude is an asshole, but he gets "it"...and I think that's pretty awesome.

Now proceed on bashing me for supporting UofL...

Fuk Teddy, that crazy lawyer dude, 73 or any other GAF who says anything remotely nice about that trash can of a university. That school has one thing going for it. That ruthless SOB Jurich.

You give us Jurich and we are doing the ass pounding the last week of the season.

*I am glad your grandma did well though. Respect nucks.

Besides slow, inconsiderate dickhead pedestrians, there are few things more annoying to me than a phone call when a simple email would do...especially considering it always turns into an email exchange anyway.

Pretty selfish statement. My grandfather passed away in 1968 when my grandmother was 39 years old. She only had a high school education, and had 2 kids at home (my mother had already left for college...which she paid for on her own). My grandmother hadn't worked since she was a child growing up in the 30s. With little hopes at getting a good job to support her family for the long term, she went to JCC for 2 years, and then UofL, all while working part-time, and raising 2 children...in LaGrange (so she had a 30+ minute commute each way). She then became a teaching assistant, and went on to get her Master's degree at UofL as well. She taught in the Oldham County school system for 20+ years, and was well regarded as one of the best teachers at her school.

You can rip on Louisville sports all you want (corrupt, everything UK isn't, etc.), but the University itself serves a community/state need, and my grandmother took full advantage of the system to better her life and the life of her family. I can't hate on that, and think it's very short-sighted for many on here to do so.

I can make the same argument for Pti(pti)...though not as extreme as my grandmother...but he bettered his life by doing that MBA Program...and busted his ass for many years working during the day and studying at night. Dude is an asshole, but he gets "it"...and I think that's pretty awesome.

Now proceed on bashing me for supporting UofL...

Anecdotal, over the top, syrupy horseshit, imo.

And I agree with your point.

Reactions: warrior_SW
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT