ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Brent had the 40k outright win bet on the Vols and was close to puking during the last 2 hours of the game? And Jesse Palmer was probably thinking about pencil sharpeners and blankets.

I get the Cubs hate. Just like the Red Sox when they won their first series in anyone's lifetime, EVERYONE jumped on board. And they hopped around with smugness of the Yankees after that first one. It was annoying.

And being in KY, there are a ton of Cubs fans already so I'm sure it's annoying and more so with the bandwagon guys out there with their 59FIFTY stickers still on their new hat.

The fans that think it was "funny" or "cool" to lose aren't real fans IMO either. I've always hated those "try not to suck" shirts and the lovable losers stuff.

Just ask those guys who cost the Cubs the playoffs against the Marlins. If they say Bartman, GTFO. Or ask them what place the Cubs were in when Dawson won the MVP. Anything but last, GTFO.

Fantasy football draft last night at Braxton's. Oof.

So wife decided she wants to go to Lexington this weekend and "suggested" I go to the game on Saturday while she hangs out. Anyone have any elite hookups on elite tickets?

Reactions: SAECATFAN and wcc31
No game for me Saturday. "Tailgating" at a friend's house all day watching games. There will be plenty of smoked meat, beer, and bourbon. It's five minutes from my house. A good time will be had by all.

What a stupid question. What job are you going to work without the internet, because 2 million isn't enough money to completely quit working.

* Taking the wife out to a faincy (h/t: @vaughtsviews) dinner tonight so that I can spend all day tomorrow drinking beer and grilling. Pro move.

* Best description of playing against Alabama I've heard: it's like being in a crock pot. It's a slow process but the result is always the same. At first, you don't really notice anything, but after awhile, your potatoes are all mushy and your onions are all soggy. Or something. Bama - 31, USC - 7.

* Rack whoever said it, but the Tennessee we saw last night will in no way resemble the Tennessee we see against UK. They'll be a completely different team by then.

* USA Today has USM ranked ~30 spots higher than UK. I get that we've underperformed the last halves of the last 2 seasons, but that's just stupid. We still have more talent, while they have a new coach and Shannon Dawson. And we finally have some experience on the staff, so it shouldn't resemble the amateur-hour shitshow we've seen on the sidelines the last couple years. Cats - 34, USM - 24.

* LAMAR.

* This album was released 25 years ago today. Goodness.

CrWrgEEWYAA9WO8.jpg

Reactions: Mashburned
- I don't do hypotheticals.

- Some good vibes coming from UK recruiting. Seems this ridic class may be in play:

Trae Young
Lonnie Walker
Hamidou Diallo
Kevin Knox
PJ Washington
Mohammed Bamba

September/October have been so much fun with Calipari.

- I don't do hypotheticals.

- Some good vibes coming from UK recruiting. Seems this ridic class may be in play:

Trae Young
Lonnie Walker
Hamidou Diallo
Kevin Knox
PJ Washington
Mohammed Bamba

September/October have been so much fun with Calipari.
Would be fantastic.:basketball:[thumb2]

I once rented Jennifer Palumbo a Ryder Truck, shes good in my book.

Max, we upgraded to Bespin and the Outer Rim this past weekend. Kids are stoked. Apparently Greedo is the "it" guy? Any other secret super heroes to know about? Any other upgrades to consider?

SGNI showing up in Barcelona. Is that a good place to visit?

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
My kids are pretty excited for the death star expansion coming out soon. Has Chewbacca and that lizard guy who was in one scene in Empire.

Most of the time they run around as Luke/Vader and try to beat each other with light sabers.

nfl

Was tailgating in the purple lot and had a front row seat for that entire deal. Dude falling on the trailer hitch grate, all hell breaking loose, crazy chick sucker punching 80, the aftermath of the sucker punch, etc... Interesting times.
That chick had a solid right hook. She still wasn't prepared for the verbal barrage I unleashed on her. She probably still has emotional issues from some of the things I said to her.

Met a true degenerate at a job. 73 may know him if he knows any commercial builders.

-Guy is 47, railing a smokeshow 25 year old masseuse (that he started dating when she was 20).
-Plays golf for 6K a hole at Valhalla.
-Goes to Vegas all the time to play Baccarat. Was up 130K at Horseshoe but they won it all back from him.
-Talked about railing chicks on a table in the rental house we are working on (600K home that flooded).

Reactions: wildcat1973
SGNI showing up in Barcelona. Is that a good place to visit?

We connected there today, shew was a hot one. Easily over 40, maybe even 42.

Airbus 319 FTL. Knees were pressed into the seats. Europeans are not tall. Chad and Anth be fine though.

Pretty excited for First Friday tonight. Gonna crush a nice bistecca alla fiorentina. Tour of Tuscan vineyards tomorrow. Thank god for the interwebs.

Damn, sorry Swimmer. How many joules it take?

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Look I am certainly not a music snob and I like some pretty terrible shit. But what in the hell is the appeal with this song? I gave it one listen and it was ear garbage. And yes I picked that song out to hate from your list that included a John Mayer song.

I like it. :ear:

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
- Made my first actual sports bets last night and hit on both the Under in the USC/Vandy game and UofL covering. Actual GAMBOL is a pretty good time. Cue it up?

- Speaking of the USC/Vandy game, from the brief amount of time I watched it, both of those teams looked touching terrible. If we can't beat them both at home then that says more about us than anything.

- Can't wait to get after it tomorrow. Gonna be absolutely perfect weather. Just win the damn game tomorrow and go 6-6 and the season is at least a marginal success.

37-27 Good Guys.

Friday 5...

Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles
Hypnotize - Biggie
Can't You See - Marshall Tucker Band
Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

Clark talked about 2Pac vs. Biggie a few weeks ago, saying that 2Pac has better staying power. I don't know. I love them both, but you can't not get pumped up when Hypnotize starts up. One of the best. Video and everything. Worship. None of 2Pac's stuff gets me giddy like that.

Marcus throw Juicy on there as well since Summer is almost over.

Big's best are better than Pac's best...maybe -- but Pac has far more good songs & the superior catalogue, if only due to volume.

I prefer not to argue over the two, they both GOATS. Astute point by Chad that Biggie gets better with age though, completely agree.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Friday 5

D.O.A. (Drunk on Arrival) - Johnny Paycheck
Murder By Numbers - The Police
Come Anytime - Hoodoo Gurus
Rock and Roll Is King - ELO
Bell Bottom Blues - Derek and the Dominos

You all need to take into consideration that i'm a lot more west coast than most of you easterners and midwesterners. A case can be made for either, but Dear Mama was basically the story of how I grew up.

Friday 5:
Smashing Pumpkins- Cherub Rock
Bruce Hornsby- Mandolin Rain
The Cars- Drive
REM- Man on the Moon
Montgomery Gentry- My Town

Reactions: wcc31
Friday 5...

Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles
Hypnotize - Biggie
Can't You See - Marshall Tucker Band
Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

Clark talked about 2Pac vs. Biggie a few weeks ago, saying that 2Pac has better staying power. I don't know. I love them both, but you can't not get pumped up when Hypnotize starts up. One of the best. Video and everything. Worship. None of 2Pac's stuff gets me giddy like that.

Marcus throw Juicy on there as well since Summer is almost over.

Completely disagree with Clark's take. Biggie's music ages much better. Tupac's anger actually comes off pretty silly as a 37-year-old.

Friday 5:
Dopeman - NWA
Juicy - Biggie
Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound - Hank
I Don't Think Hank Done It This Way - Waylon
Float On - Modest Mouse

Been doing gangster rap in the morning and old country in the afternoon. Nice juxtaposition.

Reactions: tommyg4uk and wcc31
E40 on Drink Champs. Great interview, not as candid as most, but 40 the personality is hilarious.

I would buy his albums if he just talked/told stories on them. Not big on his rapping...

As BIG said, on a scale of 1-10, "he's a zero"....which is a bit harsh, but I understand where a NY'er like BIG is coming from, especially. That corny shit is just a whole different genre. I could never get into it, but I get the appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT