ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
[laughing]

Has this ever, in the history of mankind, worked out well for the man? I doubt that even one single time, a woman has responded reasonably and with a level head. It's basically the green light for her to emotionally rape you for every single transgression you've ever committed since the moment you've known her.

...which is exactly what happened. Really enjoyed the "talk" we had to have the next morning, too. More salt in the wound.

I don't check Facebook all that much, but I did on Sunday. I'm not sure I've ever seen any of wcc's stuff on there before, but at the top of my newsfeed stood a moderate sized man with buzzed hair and salmon colored pants. On his right arm was an attractive young female that looked like she just wanted someone to ask her to dance. Happy couple.

I don't check Facebook all that much, but I did on Sunday. I'm not sure I've ever seen any of wcc's stuff on there before, but at the top of my newsfeed stood a moderate sized man with buzzed hair and salmon colored pants..

Would chad have worn this 2-3 years ago?

He's given me a lot of grief over the years for that kind of play, FWIW. So glad he's come around.

I sincerely thought that Gene Wilder had already passed. I'm not very good at remembering "celebrity" deaths or s'posed to be deads. Gene Hackman is another Gene I have absolutely no clue about. You could tell me right now that he's still alive and kicking, or that he died 7 years ago, and I'd believe you.

San Diego, May 2011

296953_10150386762826495_1740576031_n.jpg

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Word to the wise. NEVER, EVER, get mad on the golf course and accidentally turn the wheel so hard on the golf cart that it throws your girlfriend/wife out on the ground.

When you think back about some failed relationships, you can usually pinpoint a moment when it all started to unravel. That was the moment. I feared for my safety after that incident. In all honesty, I didn't really jerk the wheel that hard, she just wasn't paying close enough attention. But she would've snapped my driver and pierced my heart with it if I had done anything other than apologize.

Reactions: drxman1
Shorts on the beach and pants to an upscale NE wedding are two completely different things - maybe I should have clarified.

Happy for you, regardless.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
There was a thread on here years ago about former athletes that got really fat/old looking (maybe a good one to fire back up?). I posted something along the lines of "has anyone seen Kirby Puckett lately" without remembering that he had died like a year or so earlier. Folks, especially MattsCats had a good time with that one, and I tried to play it off.

Wcc...Boston or San Diego for a couples long weekend to post up at a hotel and see the city on foot?

Boston. San Diego is beautiful but it's a longer flight and much more spread out for doing things on foot. We put on some miles, but you really can see everything in Boston walking if you want.
:eek::pray::airplane:
Look at Big WCC giving travel advise AND snackdowns. :cop:

Shorts on the beach and pants to an upscale NE wedding are two completely different things - maybe I should have clarified.

Happy for you, regardless.

I'm glad my boy wcc275 has decided to stop being afraid of standing out in a crowd.

I didn't notice anyone else in the background of the pics peacocking as proudly as he was.

I'm sure all of the Bostonians were impressed with his choice of 2013 Keeneland Ole Miss Claryville Fusion.

And most importantly, she looks hot. And The Pants match her shoes.

I might have had my tie or pocket square incorporate some of that Papa John's Stadium sun faded scarlet, but I understand not wanting to be too bold on one's first trip to New England.

Saw Gene Wilder one night at a bar in Hilton Head. He was nestled up to the bar just quietly drinking. Gave a head nod and silent cheers when I saw him. I never spoke to him, partly due to being intimidated from drunkenly seeing Willy Wonka in the flesh, and partly because he was clearly just relaxing and I'm quite sure didn't want fanboys interrupting him. Kind of regret not saying something, tbh.

Saw Gene Wilder one night at a bar in Hilton Head. He was nestled up to the bar just quietly drinking. Gave a head nod and silent cheers when I saw him. I never spoke to him, partly due to being intimidated from drunkenly seeing Willy Wonka in the flesh, and partly because he was clearly just relaxing and I'm quite sure didn't want fanboys interrupting him. Kind of regret not saying something, tbh.

Shoulda gone with the wink and the gun.

Reactions: drxman1 and _Chase_
Reminds me of the time I was bartending in Key West. Burt Reynolds was running game on this two bit tramp I'd nailed two nights prior. She didn't seem too interested in him, but I came over and said "Don't you know who this is! It's Burt F*CKING Reynolds! You know, CannonBall Run, Smokey and the Bandit!" She changed her tune at that moment. I don't know if Burt f*cked her or not, but he tipped me $60 on a $12 tab, and gave me a wink as he walked into the night with her on his arm.

/RogueWest

I've learned after many occurrences that "I'm thinking about buying {insert stupid thing}" can accurately be translated to "An hour ago I bought something we dont need and i'm just testing your reaction"

That's nothing. That just cost you money.

It pales in comparison to when she actually wants your honest, heartfelt opinion on something you literally could not care less about (and usually costs less than her makeup budget for the month, too!)

"Baby, which comforter do you like better for the guest bedroom? I was thinking about this one but I'm not sure if it is hypoallergenic so I kind of thought this may be better since it is recommended by dermatologists..."

HomerSimpsonSuperman.jpg

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
- Michigan is beautiful...love it. Just haven't had much free time. Ready to get out and meet some people.

Plus I live about 45 mins north of work, in the middle of the woods. No one around. One bar within 10 miles and it's all old locals.

- People worship American Pickers here. Never seen anything like it. Three different times:

"Hey, I'm Tommy."
"Where you from? You like the Pickers on TV?"

- Torch Lake might as well be the Caribbean. Beautiful, clear, turquoise water.

- Been caught cheating several times. Last time was a stranded hairband in December, almost had my way talked out of that one.

Other times, just rats. It was a smallish town. However it really is easy to cover phone tracks. Think all those days are behind me though.

- Mosquitos are awful here. Biggest drawback. Awful.

- Different work...analyzing poll numbers, helping with speeches, organizing fundraisers...I like it and it's a good career move to work on the "other side" of politics. Both campaigns I'm working for have moved from behind to ahead...going to be a game time decision on November 8th though. Trump isn't helping.

Prefer being on the "dirty" side of politics though. I like having a controversial bill and talking elected officials into it.

- Have never laughed at a celebrity death thread, nor a team lookalike thread...don't bring it to GYERO.

- "The Night Of" marcus welby an extended Law & Order episode...but without Lenny Briscoe. Dude spat better one liners than Rob...without the homosexual tendencies.

- Bam is the #1 pick in the draft.

- We get Bamba.

Last edited:
Reactions: MotorCityKat
- My cat has monthly projectile diarrhea. Finally take the little f'head to the vet. He's constipated and shits around a hard mass of petrified shit. How does the vet know? The probe doesn't go in. Had a cat for 17 years with two trips to the vet and this used mothertouching terrorist has left a wake of shit, sometimes as high as 4 plus feet on the wall as he runs full sprint up the stairs every goddamm month. Turns out it's not anxiety.

- Refused to fight with the wife. She starts bitching and I walk away. There's a Homer Simpson gif for that somewhere.

- Shot one over yesterday and pocketed $320. Even when you play well above your average, always feel you left 4-5 easy strokes out there.

- Little sad WCC didn't pop the question. Whoever said the fight was about not having a ring take a victory lap.

Oh and Chad's Boston> San Diego take is an epic false. Good lord. I mean I get why chad would think that, basically the same reason he likes Notre Dame, and he's never been to Boston in the winter but still. You visit Boston once. SD you would keep going back. And I am. Tomorrow.

Tommy, if you see Michael Moore, kick him in the nuts for me.

Reactions: NotchLickKat
- As incredible as Boston is in summer, it's that miserable in winter. Position of knowledge, atkot.

But damn it's nice up here right now.

Cape: overrated. Yup.

- Sam Ponder and Kaylee are headlining my CFB 1st Team AA SHEW WEE WORSHIP list. Mercy.

- Had a similar wedding experience as Chad over the summer.

Wife stupid drunk mad that I won't dance enough. Not to mention it's hard to dance when she can barely stand, but whatever. I just bite my tongue, hang out with my buddies while she trash talks me to anyone who will listen. Every time I'd walk by, she'd mutter "asshole" or "dochebag" which actually became rather amusing. Of course it culminated in the end of night her screaming at me, and I just nodded and kept tone down.

Next morning, as I relay to her in incredible detail the nonsense she pulled and how embarrassing it was -----> trump card for the next few months in all arguments. Profit.

Take advantage next time, wcc.

- Speaking of, wedding in Seattle next weekend. Pumped, never been.

At least UK will lose to SMU on West coast time and I can forget about it with an agreeable meal and select crafties.

- cat is an awful pet. Learn dogs. Profit.

Headed back to the Cape next September. Already daydreaming about it, honestly. Granted, I've only been once (and in the fall), but can't see how it's overrated. Cool temps. Fall foilage. Beach fires. Sweaters. Dope, IMO. I understand summers there are extremely crowded, however.

The Cape in late September tho... Shewee, bub. My kind of place.

And if you want overrated, start with weddings in Seattle. That town sucks.

Reactions: Bonzo Cat
I'd love to be there with ya'll Saturday but my family is currently dealing with a tragedy.

I don't know if you have heard of the accident at Lake Cumberland Saturday night, but it was my Dad that was involved.

I don't want to be a downer nor am I looking for sympathy, but over the last 12 or so years, many of us has expressed all facets of life on this very board. Whether it be new relationships, favorite restaurants, vacations, marriages, divorces, newborns, promotions, W2's, or just a bunch of shit that doesn't make sense, this is where we come. So here I am....

Love this thing of ours.......GYERO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT