ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is that Jared has always been huge, so its easier to empathize with him because he's always struggled. Meals on the other hand was once a skinny guy in pretty good shape who was a condescending prick to 6th graders and got fat. No sympathy or empathy given.

Reactions: roguemocha
I think the difference is that Lorenzen affects UK football, where the stakes are very low.

Mills can have negative effect, no matter how small, on the basketball program, where the stakes couldn't be higher.

-Softball
-Rasslin'

I remember when CoolCat45 (roll eyes) used to police this thread of bad posters, and this is what he brings? I mean, I know it's Sunday night, but damn.

Add in LadyCat's flight plans. Christ. Glad SUMMER!!!1! is coming to an end. Hope this thread steps up tomorrow. Somebody piss Chad off.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
LadyCat is a sneaky one-upper when it comes to travel...not sure even ukguy can match her total mileage.

Think your commute is bad try India or Singapore lol shew
Agree 100% except for the sneaky part. Nothing subtle bout LC's game.
"I had some traffic today on the way to Kroger(s)"
LadyC: "The human trafficking between Indonesia and Malaysia is terrible. Last time I was there, I had to fight off Mongloian Hordes who were trying to kill everyone"

JLo & his weight is just sad to have watched all his adult life. He was one of the features on Football Saturday's in the South last month & still trotted out the lines "yeah I need to start getting serious about my weight" that he has been saying since he was a frosh in 1999. Shocked if he makes it past 45. But still showed enough ability that a hardass like Tom Coughlin kept him around as backup qb 2-3 seasons.

-Out for a lovely ride yesterday crushing a nice 40 miler, when we run head on into a damn tropical storm complete with hail. Thankfully we were in the last few miles and downtown so we bunkered down with a homeless dude in the Chase Bldg parking garage. Finally try to make a run for and about 5 minutes in I run over a bottle and tear my front tire. 2 mile walk home barefoot in the rain. Lolol

-Hard for me to feel sorry for people when they get fat like Meals. (J-Lo is obviously a different animal) If I didn't work out for 3-4 months I'd weigh 230+ in no time. I'm not skinny or bonzo but I can see my feet and my waist is the same as it was 10 years ago. Dude, hit a treadmill 2-3 times a week.

-I think season ticket holders get the opp to tour the practice facility. You all need to go do that. Sucker is unreal.

-After a busy work weekend need to keep focused because I'm about to shut it down for a few weeks real soon. Been a long ass summer.

* Jared Lorenzen sweats a lot. I mean, obviously.

* The final episode of The Night Of was bulls***. Shows like that should come with a warning label. Warning: SHOW DOESNT REALLY END -- MERELY SETS UP SUSPENSE FOR ADDITIONAL SEASON. [eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll]

* Be prepared, everyone. After 2 weeks of following drxman digitally around Europe, we'll all be convinced the continent sucks.

* Dating observation --> the last time I was single, 6+ years ago, I got tired of all the bar hopping. It got exhausting, staying out late chasing tail. Nowadays, the fluff has moved to technology. Mercy. I barely even watch television anymore. My day mostly consists of texting/tindering/snapchatting/facebook messaging/calling/email/sending bitmojis. Equally as time consuming and exhaustive.

* Big win for Fatrick Reed yesterday. I really think he's got a shot to be our Ryder Cup hero. Great player, extremly unlikeable, overly emotional. He's like a fat Sergio Garcia.

* Google search Teyana Taylor, I guess.

* TMFH doesn't even try to make realistic observations about Kentucky's teams. Basically, the more access he gets to the program, the more excited he is about the direction. He's completely oblivious to the actual competition.

* Speaking of fanboys.....how about Drake being the newest Duke superfan?? [eyeroll] I'll say it again -- if that nerd wants to jock our players and thereby help with recruiting, go for it. But to think for one second that he's an actual fan, and not just a self-promoting d-bag is 100% false.

* I would support Colin Kapernick a whole lot more if he had a more well thought out, specific rationale for his protest. So, he's basically done standing for the anthem until the entire country changes? Ok. Good luck!

Would be like PTI(pti) bragging about his runs every day like this:

CRUSHED a 30 miler today, fell into a ditch at mile 16, had to call an Uber
Dominated my 50 miler today, lost a shoe and had to call my tinder hottie to come get me
Nice little run this morning, fell down 3 times and cut my ear

-
I rode my Trek 12 times, never once blew a tire.

I hit a plastic bottle with my car tire about a month ago. Made a big sound. I'm usually able to avoid them. Can't imagine trying to bicycle around bottles.

Reactions: JustinSphere
Jared Lorenzen
Cameron Mills
Anth
Better than blowing out your back the one time you ride.

Don't blow a tire every time. I've basically had 2 incidents in 8 years of riding that ended like that and they were both this week. I'll log nearly 3000 miles this summer, and have probably had 4-5 flats. Mostly from glass.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTI (pti)
When I came to visit and see George this summer you were late to visit b/c you blew a tire and were stranded out in BFE. Hurt my feelings that you couldn't even ride safe when you knew I was coming.

sure hope the poor guy is getting paid for this. someone is paying him, right? he isnt doing all this stuff as an unpaid hobby, is he?

Reactions: woodfordandwater
Wife was out of town this weekend so I decided to install a new closet system for her. Needed add some support brackets that didnt align with the studs and nicked a copper water line. Small leak but by the time i could cut the water off, it had impacted a pretty good patch of sheetrock. Patched the pin hole in the copper, cut and replaced sheetrock, sanded and painted and then i was finally able to restart from the beginning. A 90 minute job ended up taking all of Saturday.

Tenant finally vacated the rental house. She mailed me the keys back, no return address or anything. Wont respond to calls or emails. Went into the house yesterday and quickly realized why. Destroyed. appears her dog ate the blinds, parts of doors, walls. Carpet is ruined. She left the AC on 65 degrees for a few days with the windows open, burned her trash in the back yard. unplugged a refrigerator which defrosted and leaked all over the kitchen floor, and there are plenty of other issues. This woman had children living with her. Sad.

Ryder Cup team taking shape... I like the group- think they get it done.

Grandfather got to come home at his wishes after he decided he didnt wish to continue invasive surgery and treatment that he kept having to have over the last few years. He's had a good couple of days but the impact of not treating heart and kidney issues will apparently take its toll rather quick. Coolest dude around. A few weeks ago he randomly asked if he could ride around Louisville to visit some places. Went to the house he grew up in, the first place he and my grandmother bought in Germantown, visited some old places they used to frequent. I can assume he may have known that his days were limited so he wanted to see a few places one more time.

Last edited:
If you're not going to be full time landlord my suggestion is pay a rental manager 10% and avoid that mess. I'm assuming the amount I've saved over the years on basically never having an incident like that makes up for the fee. They vet the applicants pretty stiffly before they move in. Plus I rarely hear from them.

I have one rental house- i shouldnt need a property manager... for 2.5 years she was fine, but in the last 6 months I have a feeling she either got into some kind of alternative substances or she began having some mental health issues. She had lived at the same place for like 6 years prior to renting my house, never missed payment until the last couple of months. Some things like that arent going to show up on a background check.

* Haven't had hot water since Friday. Gas control Valve went out on the water heater.

Things you take for granted.

* Putting a crew together for a potential roadie in November. Bengals@NYGiants MNF Nov. 14, UK vs Sparty MSG Nov. 15.

Got the green light from Marge, just cost me some new Living Room furniture that I had been making her wait on.

* So, neither of my girls have my wife's soccer genes. Just try, dammit.

I'm going to start sneaking vodka in my gatorade at those games. Brutal to watch.

Don't judge me.

* 30 miles in the heat yesterday. No flat tires.

Feeling good and looking even better.

* Big night scheduled for Wednesday. Going to put together my Lego Millennium Falcon that the girls got me for my BDay.

* I keep getting more optimistic about the football team as the opener creeps closer… for no logical reason whatsoever. I've gone from thinking 5 wins to convincing myself they will win 7.

Go ahead, Lucy. Pull that touching football away again, bitch.

Reactions: HossCat73
GYERO's advice for seemingly almost any problem/situation is just to pay someone else to do it.

Probably good advice, unless you are a poor.

Specialization and trade. Pick something and do it well, and outsource the rest.

Since everyone here is the best in the world at what they do, it makes total sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT