ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Kentucky honk through and through but after being here in San Diego for a few days think it's time for a change. Hail storms, non stop humidity showers in the summer, flooding, raking leaves in the fall and scraping ice off windshields and gray dark skies in the winter can all get pumped thoroughly.

All the Cats games are on tv so I won't miss any action. THE GYERO keeps me in the loop for best takes. I can come back for the holidays and catch up and meet up with you all again when the Cats make another Final Four. Maybe make it back for a football game & Keeneland in the fall.

Give me this mid 70's with no humidity, bright blue skies with the sun shining non stop weather all day. The lifestyle feeds off this weather. Almost everyone seems super active and in shape. Smoking blonds with super fit bodies growing like palm trees. Cool water sports to choose from. Choice crafties. Laid back vibes.
Maybe the lass can do a fellowship here & then land with a practice.

Whatever... I'm not going anywhere but man it makes you wonder.

Maybe it's just me, but at this point in my life, the idea of making an entirely new group of friends doesn't much appeal to me. Also, having family close is more appealing than ever. Every trip we take the lass wants to move there, but I'm fine where I am.

I'd love to be there with ya'll Saturday but my family is currently dealing with a tragedy.

I don't know if you have heard of the accident at Lake Cumberland Saturday night, but it was my Dad that was involved.

I don't want to be a downer nor am I looking for sympathy, but over the last 12 or so years, many of us has expressed all facets of life on this very board. Whether it be new relationships, favorite restaurants, vacations, marriages, divorces, newborns, promotions, W2's, or just a bunch of shit that doesn't make sense, this is where we come. So here I am....

Love this thing of ours.......GYERO!
Sorry for your loss, Bernie. Hang in there.

Spain is pretty amazing. The people are friendly, and really really good looking. All you single guys should make a run out here. I'm sure Pti could find some kind of 200km race or something.

At lunch today the waiter was real friendly. After the lass went to the restroom, he comes over and starts talking to me about her big beefers. Was pretty funny. I confirmed that they were really nice. I guess that's weird, but it cracked me up. Of course I told her about it when we got back to the hotel.

Went to this Royal Palace today where they filmed Game of Thrones scenes from Dorn.

Not in Italy, but I found this Joey. I swear, there are more perverted things here than Panama City.

#culture

8DF79E7C-6FBF-4F4F-B98A-8D42781E0BA1_zps8zjbnoyq.jpg

Reactions: Joey Rupption
I saw Gene Wilder in "Blazing Saddles", "History of the World", and "Young Frankenstein" way before I saw Willy Wonka because my parents didn't understand movie ratings/appropriateness.
My parents took me to see Stir Crazy in the theater. I was 8. First set of boobs I ever saw on the silver screen. It was a different time.

-Damn, Bern. So sorry, man. I sent you a text to 2 of the 3 numbers I have listed for you. If you didn't get them hit me up.

-I could move but not across the country. As much as I antagonize a few the weather here isn't that bad. Winters are fairly mild for the most part and summers are bearable. Plus, it's home.

-I don't think I could live anywhere NE/Midwest/NW save maybe NYC and the crowd would probably wear me out quickly. No interest in going north. Boston, no chance. They get what? 3-4 months of summer/spring/fall?

Denver, Nashville, Charleston would probably be the only places I'd like to live in outside of here. I'll own a place in Nashville and Charleston before it's all said and done.

Doc's the kind of guy that would spend thousands of dollars to fly to Florence, stand in line for hours for the Uffizi, finally make it to The Birth of Venus, look at it for three seconds, then make an uncomfortably loud clam joke. I'll hand it to him though - not everyone can travel to one of the most beautiful countries in the world and boil thousands of years of culture and history down to boobs and dongs. Let's see Rick-ass Steves do that.

I love visiting Nashville, but not sure why you'd own a place there as a Lexingtonian. Seems like your usual 5* presidential suite downtown would be much more preferable when you visit.

-Would move to NYC tomorrow if it was a realistic and affordable option, which it never will be. I think it would be a great place to retire, as opposed to down south. No vehicle, endless things to do, direct flights available anywhere in the US/World when you want to get away. #dream

Last edited:
We had nearly put an offer on a small condo down in Destin until I got the quote for the insurance. That was the end of my beach house pipe dream.

:joy: F*ck that was the worst picture. Like to find that a$$hole and hit him with something heavy. Also, to be fair it's hard to get a graceful running pic. I need to find the picture of me in like 4th grade. Pink turtle neck, huge front teeth, stupid smile, head looks like it's floating, hair is a disaster. It's the almost as bad.

-Still no greater golf tee off feeling than seeing a couple Asians out there scampering across the fairway.

-Pretty simple really. We both love Nashville. Would like to spend more time there as we get older. Same as retiring in NYC sounds really really awful to me.

Last edited:
-Would move to NYC tomorrow if it was a realistic and affordable option, which it never will be. I think it would be a great place to retire, as opposed to down south. No vehicle, endless things to do, direct flights available anywhere in the US/World when you want to get away. #dream

That move is significantly more realistic and affordable than you give it credit for. Your girl could find a job in about 10 seconds, and you wouldn't be too far behind. Could you survive on, say, 400k/year?

The nice thing about Pharmacists is they can get a job in literally any town in America. For you, though, I'd suggest actually getting a degree from that prestigious Pizza School you toured.

Reactions: wcc31 and B.B.d.K.
Yep, her job is about as dreamy as it gets for easy relocation & guaranteed $$$ -- me, not so much. Would be pretty difficult to go from a cushy/self-employed gig that I've worked 7.5 years to build to slaving around in NYC trying to 'break in' working obscene hours, getting 2 weeks vacation or whatever, and essentially starting all over again nearing 40 years old.

It's not something that would ever happen, she'd chicken out leaving her parents -- and if she wants to start a family, not a great place to begin that journey along with all the other adjustments/obstacles.

Still fun (and depressing) to think about. Just like Richie's post, pretty sure most everyone thinks/dreams about moving to their favorite places before ultimately realizing that it would never happen...

..props to those who take the leap, will always wish I would have at least done something somewhere for a few years (even if it was just bartending or whatever) when I was younger -- oh well.

Last edited:
Man, Bernie. I hate that so much for you and your family. '73 nailed it when he called this place "Cheers." It helped me escape during similar circumstances with my family a few years ago. Yeah, everyone here ranks on the asshole meter, but that's what makes it so endearing.

It's awkward to go from that[thumb2] to this:thumbsdown: but . . .

. . . August is fixin' to hit the trail, thank goodness. I have no love for this month. Oppressive heat, stress of back to work, no real sports, scheduling, fall workouts with no real basketball practice, money (teachers have no money by the end of August - ask one and see), kids are a-holes because they're worn out, daylight fading, etc.

Seems like the 3 worst months of the year all have to have 31 days in them. January, July, August. And that July/August 31-day doubleheader is what makes the "dog days" so miserable, probably. Would much rather have a hypothetical September/October 31-day double than the July/August one we have now. I bet the weather would take notice of this and cool down sooner as well.

Yeah, Gillie & Murphy would be a severe pain in the ass, for sure.

-Speaking of pictures, anyone notice Chad has dropped his signature head-tilt in favor of biting his tongue while he smiles? Slight upgrade, imo.

Reactions: drxman1
We had nearly put an offer on a small condo down in Destin until I got the quote for the insurance. That was the end of my beach house pipe dream.

Rack. Looked into it around Orange Beach and went from "Hey, we might give this a shot!" to "How do people cash flow these things?" in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT