ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We pulled over to a gas station to use the bathroom but the door was locked,” Feigen said in the statement. “We did not force entry into the bathroom, nor did we ever enter the bathroom. We did, however, make the regrettable decision to urinate in the grass behind the building.”

From there, the situation amplified. “On our way back to the cab, Ryan Lochte pulled a poster in a metal frame off a wall,” Feigen said. “I got back into the cab and waited for the others. One of my teammates told me that a man with a gun was standing outside the cab. The man with the gun spoke with the cab driver, who got out of the cab. We then got out of the cab and I paid the driver the fare. As I walked away, the man with the gun pointed it at me and my teammates and ordered us, in Portuguese, to sit. This was the first time I have ever had a gun pointed at me and I was terrified.” Feigen and Bentz would go on to pay for the poster.

Feigen indicated that he was interviewed multiple times by police as Lochte was recounting his own “version” of the events involving a dispute at a gas station ten days ago. Feigen said he was finally given a choice: wait in Brazil for a month while the wheels of bureaucracy turned, or pay a fine of roughly $31,500 to get his passport back.

Feigen and his attorneys protested that fee, and Brazilian officials responded by raising to almost $47,000. The two sides eventually reached a $10,800 compromise. The fluid nature of the negotiations lends credence to the idea that Rio police may have stretched the truth a bit on their end, as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally reasonable behavior by Brazilian officials. Nothing 3rd world about it at all.

North Limestone desperately needed a South Beach style restaurant. Thank god.

Fantasy football draft tomorrow. I agreed before knowing the buy in would be.......ten dollars. Are you f'ing kidding me??

Format. You HAVE to have a good format. Any idiot can talk into a microphone and upload it to the web.

2012 Civic. 50k miles. Cash money. I've named it "The Panty Dropper."

Did ab.com get divorced? Again?? Just in time, CMD.

Reactions: drxman1
I applaud anyone who puts themselves out there and takes their shot… just make sure it’s your shot. I understand taking someone else’s format and trying to make it your own but it sounded like you were so dedicated to the format that the transitions/opinions/banter seemed forced. Pick things you wanna talk, take some time to find your voice and hope people care about what you have to say.

shutdown fullcast

Best college athletics podcast out there. Those guys know enough to be informed but not so much that they bog things down with minutiae. Original, quick witted and they seem to want their audience to always be part of the joke. Big fan.

“We pulled over to a gas station to use the bathroom but the door was locked,” Feigen said in the statement. “We did not force entry into the bathroom, nor did we ever enter the bathroom. We did, however, make the regrettable decision to urinate in the grass behind the building.”

From there, the situation amplified. “On our way back to the cab, Ryan Lochte pulled a poster in a metal frame off a wall,” Feigen said. “I got back into the cab and waited for the others. One of my teammates told me that a man with a gun was standing outside the cab. The man with the gun spoke with the cab driver, who got out of the cab. We then got out of the cab and I paid the driver the fare. As I walked away, the man with the gun pointed it at me and my teammates and ordered us, in Portuguese, to sit. This was the first time I have ever had a gun pointed at me and I was terrified.” Feigen and Bentz would go on to pay for the poster.

Feigen indicated that he was interviewed multiple times by police as Lochte was recounting his own “version” of the events involving a dispute at a gas station ten days ago. Feigen said he was finally given a choice: wait in Brazil for a month while the wheels of bureaucracy turned, or pay a fine of roughly $31,500 to get his passport back.

Whoah. The exact same thing happened to me and my buddies when we went to Atlanta for the 1999 SEC Tournament. Crazy.

The biggest issue here that no one is mentioning, is that two dudes in college, are spending a night during the first week of school skype'ing with two random old dudes. (And then spending another night discussing it on a message board with more old dudes (and ladies)). You'll look back and regret that when you're 38, trust me.
You're right, that 20 minute interview just destroyed my night. Didn't have time to do anything after [eyeroll]

Let's be honest, they were Tendering during the podcast.

Just a different world these days. You can get something done with a swipe.

Probably better for Shoot to lay the groundwork before she has to hear him speak.

I think the less we listen to the people here, less we see pictures of them, the better. Everyone looks and sounds cool in my head here, and everyone has a "cool" internet persona. Its like when you see what a radio DJ actually looks like and then it ruins the whole thing.

Reactions: gattongrad09
I applaud anyone who puts themselves out there and takes their shot… just make sure it’s your shot. I understand taking someone else’s format and trying to make it your own but it sounded like you were so dedicated to the format that the transitions/opinions/banter seemed forced. Pick things you wanna talk, take some time to find your voice and hope people care about what you have to say.

By far our biggest problem. The transitions and conversations seemed forced because we just haven't done it enough imo. I think it's just a matter of practice. Every podcast is a forced conversation, the goal is to create the illusion that it's not which requires a lot of learned technique. Talking in an empty room with a mic sitting in front of you is awkward and just takes getting used to. Couple that with trying to be entertaining and funny all while seamlessly transitioning between topics and it gets even more difficult. Whole new appreciation for people like Matt, etc, who make it seem natural.

The micromanaging of ShitBag and Slice's college life is pretty weird.

Man we gotta live for something. These kids today have dorms with steak n shakes inside them. Mobile devices with ussy oozing out of them. I just want to know what that feels like, but these idiots just want to mimic sports radio, or something. F that. Ain't nobody want to hear that.

Can't beat it really. This is my CATPAW.

I don't think I have made a post on any of the other boards on this site in years and I have only made a handful of non-GYERO Paddock posts in that time. It seriously might have been five years since I posted on Rafters or HOB or the football board. I'd have absolutely no incentive to visit this site without this thread. Anything really relevant about UK sports can be gleaned from Twitter.

Reactions: roguemocha
the exception to ronmehico's rule.

XW7jlIQm.jpg

Can anyone name a topic GYERO doesn't have an expert on? I can't. GYERO leaves me wanting for nothing. We've got medical advice, legal advice, fitness advice, dating advice, business advice, car-buying advice, podcasting advice, music advice, movie advice, cuisine advice, decorating advice, etc. And then there's the best UK sports discussion on the interweb.

No joke, was planning on having "Heaven" by Warrant as the outro to the next one we do. The intro on the first show was "Girls, Girls, Girls" by Motley Crue but I got a new computer and couldn't find a new good quality download.

I think you guys will do fine. Don't think the time should be a big deal. Maybe shoot for half an hour rather then an hour tho especially at the beginning. Also having 5 or 6 random topics on anything to best Bbq in western ky to uk football to
You guys have some of the greatest sports minds and personalities at your disposal right here in GYERO and you went with BRax and Transy??? SMH

I would start with MCF, the probably SAE, Killa and Richie. Next tier would be Chad, Anth (3 time GYERO POY), Mashburned, Bonzo and UCL. Then PTI. Then BBDK if you got desperate. But not BRax and Transy.

Anth gonna sit in on a nice little podcast or nah? Topics for his segment would include weather, weekly family dinners, little old bike rides, big green egg, and making fun of anything boat owns because he secretly wants it.

The micromanaging of ShitBag and Slice's college life is pretty weird.

Haha we couldn't live a more stereotypical college kid's life. However 90% of our peers suck to discuss sports with and also sometimes it's nice to be challenged by someone who is even more of a cynical asshole than you are. So that's why we come here.

-I love college hoops as much as anyone, but man....it's way too early to be buying any preview mags. I'm about ready to mute Jon Rothstein for the next six weeks, because it's mid-August and he's tweeting "Top 15 Conference USA Freshmen". Save that for when it matters, JR.

-The only CBB talk I want to hear right now is about in-home visits for recruiting. Since someone asked about him yesterday, I think Chad nailed the FSU/Duke/UK trio for Kevin Knox. Think Kentucky's solidly in 3rd there, unfortunately. I will say this....Knox may not win National HS POY, but he definitely wins the "Kennedy Meeks After Six Months on the Atkins Diet" award.

-I was harsh on Bag and Slice. They're exactly right....it's a tough gig. Just be yourselves and find an angle. You'll be fine.

-Congrats to Jones on the TV gig. I know I really nailed that "irrelevant" take about 10 years ago, but the truth is that you're a natural at it, and you deserve your success.

-That htipiti(buffalo hummus) at Athenian Grill....goodness.

The reading of gyero's game time redass in conversation form would be fun. I think Go coach the knicks you cawksucker would have played out well in a podcast.

Briscoe getting his mouth piece back or nah?

Reactions: cawoodsct
Kentucky on the local level (it is successful in some other market)
I think the biggest challenge will be finding enough local topics that are appropriate for that format.

When the scope extends beyond Kornheiser's "Toy Department" of Sports - which is already limited to KY - how do you keep the levity and interest of PTI while debating heroin overdoses or whatever else is featured on Kentucky.com that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT