ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the new role BKH... a great opportunity to eventually lead into taking over the UK Broadcast Network/canoodling with ESPN sideline gals.

You guys have some of the greatest sports minds and personalities at your disposal right here in GYERO and you went with BRax and Transy??? SMH

I would start with MCF, the probably SAE, Killa and Richie. Next tier would be Chad, Anth (3 time GYERO POY), Mashburned, Bonzo and UCL. Then PTI. Then BBDK if you got desperate. But not BRax and Transy.

Couldn't stand to listen to wildcatchad and his Yankee accent esp when he says words like HOME or PHONE. Yuck.

A buzzed Suter would be a good of radio personality as any, IMO. Dude is a hoot when he gets going.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, do a pregame list of BKH's "Do's and Don'ts".
DO: BOARD IT.

DON'T: Not board it.

"Board it" I actually got from our coach, who says it every time the ball hits the rim, whereas I only say it when our guys don't board it.

Reactions: _Chase_
I guess now would be a terrible time to announce that I'm going to do color commentary for Centre basketball broadcasts this season and would love to get GYERO's assessment of me when I start up. But maybe that isn't a good idea after the last 30 or so posts.

Remember:

Its key to guard your yard.
Key in on players making violent cuts and those driving to the nail.

You will do ok then.

You guys have some of the greatest sports minds and personalities at your disposal right here in GYERO and you went with BRax and Transy??? SMH

I would start with MCF, the probably SAE, Killa and Richie. Next tier would be Chad, Anth (3 time GYERO POY), Mashburned, Bonzo and UCL. Then PTI. Then BBDK if you got desperate. But not BRax and Transy.

Good idea. Let's see how asking one of them goes.

Hey @SAECATFAN, would you like to be a guest on the next episode of the BS Takes Podcast? We'd really love to have you on.

Obviously don't read that last post and break the fourth wall. As you know, having seen Deadpool, that's a gimmick that should only be used sparingly.

Maybe a 5 min segment on questions from Chase (there's your hour) followed by 5 more mins of reading texts from ABH.

Reactions: _Chase_
DO: BOARD IT.

DON'T: Not board it.

"Board it" I actually got from our coach, who says it every time the ball hits the rim, whereas I only say it when our guys don't board it.

Please refer to the rim as "the bushel basket".

K'thanks.

-Problem with GYERO guys is I don't know any that would good on radio. TS. BBdk is hard to understand. PTI(pti) talks over people and grunts all the time. SAE swallows his L's. I sound like a mush mouth. Maybe WCC would be alright. UCL, Chase, and several others are soft spoken. We're good at this medium.

-I'm a manager, that's what I really crush. Can't write, not good on TV or Radio but I'm great at organizing shit and managing people. Also great at marketing.

-Keep at it boys. The podcast and blog efforts that have spun off from GYERO over the years have been at least as equally bad if not worst.

-Just about everyone is always welcome to stop by a tailgate. They're unfortunately way more subdued than the old days.

Reactions: drxman1
Regarding Matt's request for guest co-anchor...

...think UCL was a good choice that other people mentioned. Think Llama would do a great job with that as well. BKH, CoolCat and WWTH would be other options.

As far as Slice's podcast, pretty much anyone that posts here on the reg would be good selections.

-Problem with GYERO guys is I don't know any that would good on radio.

Well that great because nobody is tuning in to some obscure dinky ass podcast to hear people imitate the damn radio....which is my biggest critique. Too KSR'ish. You guys need to go the opposite direction. Roll up some spliffs and let it go, man. More unprofessional. Wayyyy more unprofessional. Let your nuts hang. Be confident in your unprofessionalism and make people uncomfortable by pushing the podcast envelope.

Well that great because nobody is tuning in to some obscure dinky ass podcast to hear people imitate the damn radio....which is my biggest critique.

We literally copied the exact structure of Pardon My Take which is the consistently the #1 sports podcast on iTunes. Took what they do and just made it UK sports related.

Also, I'm not sure how to get less professional than applauding a menstrual cycle joke made by a grown man to a group of women.

Last edited:
Well that's your fault. Why in the world would you copy someone else's shit? Do you.

Damn millenials.

You had Mr. NashVegas, heir to the JMM throne on your podcastt, and you didn't even mention it. Didn't even call him Brax. He was jkst there trying to fit in with y'all who were trying to for in with whatever the piss Pardon My Take is...which I'm sure is not-so-cleverly molded after some other podcast.

Serious question...who do you know in the Kentucky area that would be a good 2nd seat against me for out PTI-like TV show on WLEX. Vanetti is going to be doing it a couple of times a week and we have other possibilities but I am really trying to think outside the box to get entertaining people on with me. Any good suggestions out there? I don't care if they are in media or not

Based on what you have said here and elsewhere, I assume you're going to be going beyond UK sports. I don't know if he would be interested, but Eric Patrick Marr who runs Lexenomics might be interesting for the non-sports topics as well as sports.

I do a weekly radio re-cap show where our play by play guy asks me questions about our games played that week.

I do post game interviews after each game.

I have a face made for radio.

I'm married and would have to lie about doing a pod-cast with Internet buddies.

I have wild kids. But only 2, not 27.

I'm your guy. But I can't do it. Sorry.

Well that's your fault. Why in the world would you copy someone else's shit? Do you.

Damn millenials.

You had Mr. NashVegas, heir to the JMM throne on your podcastt, and you didn't even mention it. Didn't even call him Brax. He was jkst there trying to fit in with y'all who were trying to for in with whatever the piss Pardon My Take is...which I'm sure is not-so-cleverly molded after some other podcast.

Well I'm still searching for our own spin, but people have success by using other people's ideas all the time. Matt, modeled KSR off of Finebaum and Kornheiser's ideas and added his own spin and that ended up pretty well. Original ideas are rare.

I think using the shutdown fullcast model for UK sports is a good idea. Current UK podcasts are so over the top homer-y (more so basketball) that I think being kinda objective towards Cal's stupid gimmicks, weird coaching moves would be refreshing. Basically the same stuff that gets said in here on a daily basis.

Reactions: BarrySlice
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT