ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no one made it through the intro? [laughing] Definitely got to cut that down.

I just skipped to the Brax and Transy part, once they got past the awkward beginning it wasn't that bad.

Tailgating sucks. I agree.

Idk about the voices, but I get it so far. One guy sounds like half his mouth is stapled shut, but he's clear and easy to understand.

Just waiting for Matt, tbh. Hope he doesn't disappoint.

OK, way too much tailgate talk. Haven't even mentioned the trailers, which is about the only reason to talk tailgate right now.

Things got weird around 19'...I skipped to there, I think Matt is involved now? Idk. If he's the one who called JLo an idiot, I agree, then someone nailed it with "Patrick Towles is weird as hell". Good takes. If hat was actually transy who said that, then he sucks, and I retract what I just said.

Really sucks, tbh. Y'all need to get out of Brax's way.

I can't get over half-mouth talker. Where in the shit is he from. He's like a Minnesotan who moved to Louisville. I have no idea what's going on there, and it's very distracting.

*Liquor in a ziplock bag, in the hoody pocket so it just looks like a fat roll. *

^ def put that in my notes

Reactions: GrandePdre
Enjoying pain. That's what this is all about.

Good stuff guys. Keep on keeping on.

The seizure story was good.

The half staple mouth talker is Shootbag and his mouth is half stapled shut because he's recovering from jaw surgery.

Yep, you essentially guessed exactly what has happened to my voice. I'll be back to not sounding half-retarded in <2 weeks.

Really think a podcast like this would be better if you guys were literally drunk. Just to the point of not slurring your words.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Umm, did you really say "a lot of people have a boner about John Toth?"

Yes, cut the intro. Like 5-10 seconds tops.

Shoots voice is kind of growing on me. Now that I know the reason.

Brax and Transy "elite" ?

Last edited:
It was sorta awkward telling my wife I was going to record a podcast with some internet friends. Had to ask her to go to bed. She hates me. And then I went outside to record. It was fun though. Skype was delayed so it was hard to have a conversation without interrupting transy. I think those guys will get it figured out. They have a good plan for what they want to do, just not sure how management will feel about it.

Reactions: Mashburned
I was just going to post about the best part being the laid bare defensiveness of admitting that people will call you a "fag" for liking Reddit.

You can hear the anticipation of his feelings being hurt. It's great.

Reactions: ShootBag
Now you know why he hasn't posted the link in GYERO. Tough crowd around here. :flushed:

But man, that was brutal.

I knew we were going to get shit either way for it, so just went ahead and took the assault head on. I honestly expected the overall reaction. But I mean that was literally our second time ever getting behind a mic and doing an hour show, and that shit is not easy. It's gonna take some reps to get a good feel for it.

Honestly, it's meant to be geared to a younger demographic (college kids-early post grads) so it's going to be more nonsense than sports discussion.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I do respect the effort, though. I probably couldn't do half as well. I shudder at the thought of being faced with silence that I had to fill with entertaining banter. A CMD podcast would be horrible; the wit and charm that I exude here in GYERO wouldn't translate very well. I'd probably just sit there and list my favorite movies/songs/bands/etc.

Cut down the intro
Only do 30 minutes
Only do 3 guys at a time
Interview more GYERO's in the beginning

People here will still mock you but you'll get people listening.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Applaud your approach to the grab the bull by the horns. Yeah, you'll get shredded here, but with that also comes constructive pointers.

Honestly, it wasn't that bad considering how green you guys are at it. Putting it out in GYERO will help you fine tune it too. Take it from a bunch of folks with 18-inch dongs: you won't get better honesty than right here in GYERO.

First and foremost I would recommend switching to Discord for an interview since it tends to have less lag than Skype.

Echo what everybody said about the intro. Pretty long.

I guess now would be a terrible time to announce that I'm going to do color commentary for Centre basketball broadcasts this season and would love to get GYERO's assessment of me when I start up. But maybe that isn't a good idea after the last 30 or so posts.

It's a podcast. Don't worry about the length as long as you don't go over an hour. It's fine if it's not a full hour. Do what your material / topics allow and then kill it. Don't drag it out.

Also, is it me, or is the font even smaller on Rivals this morning?

It was actually better than the one from a few weeks ago.

I would also consider sticking with songs by Warrant for your intro as they are universally loved.

Agree with Clark. A small sampling of Warrant should be about perfect for the opening.

She's my cherry pie
Cool drink of water such a sweet surprise
Tastes so good makes a grown man cry
Sweet Cherry Pie

[Start talking]

Today's topics include:
  • Disappointing women in bed.
  • The shame of being a UK football fan.
  • Speedway hot dogs, with a special debate between UKraziest and the Underground King of hotdogs, Btothe4th.
  • Basketball recruiting
  • Blowjobs from cart girls.
  • Shitting on UL
10ish minutes on each topic and you should get an hour pretty easy.

Never done a podcast, so you're probably better off ignoring this post, but I just assume you have to be organized behind the scenes and not just wing it for an hour.

I guess now would be a terrible time to announce that I'm going to do color commentary for Centre basketball broadcasts this season and would love to get GYERO's assessment of me when I start up.

I'm your guy. You know how I just love to critique those color guys, brah.

No joke, was planning on having "Heaven" by Warrant as the outro to the next one we do. The intro on the first show was "Girls, Girls, Girls" by Motley Crue but I got a new computer and couldn't find a new good quality download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT