ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, with all of his trail riding and shiny new gold buckle, have to think a pick up truck or small Jeep might be in the mix...

Naturally at least 4-5 years old.

BBdK do you use a gambol guide for football? I seem to do much better on that sport than any other but it would be nice to see an "expert" pick.

Reactions: Mashburned
Serious question...who do you know in the Kentucky area that would be a good 2nd seat against me for out PTI-like TV show on WLEX. Vanetti is going to be doing it a couple of times a week and we have other possibilities but I am really trying to think outside the box to get entertaining people on with me. Any good suggestions out there? I don't care if they are in media or not

Chris Cross
Henry Earl
Mr. Sparkle guy on Richmond Road

I don't want the job but if you need people to screen through the submission, I'm in. Should be some great unintentional comedy.

Last edited:
Went on a run around campus yesterday, and here are the tailgating trailers in all of their glory.
zR8WJBu.jpg

Bc1iq4c.jpg

Got up to the front door and took a picture through the glass. Obviously it's not completely furnished yet, but it's just tiny. Certainly not even close to worth what it's being charged for. And their location is just weird. I mean it's right by one of the gates to get into the stadium, but I would just feel awkward tailgating in one of those things. IDK.

I'm 100% convinced this is another one of Julian's business ideas for the next season of Trailer Park Boys.

I say GYERO all pitches in and rents one of these puppies for Halloween. Dress as your favorite TPB character. Park an old beaten up hoopty with trash all over it in the front yard. We could film a spoof. I'll produce it and post it on KSR.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Yea, brilliant. Buy their shitty product and have a ball!

Set that mf'er on fire, shitbag. You are like 20. Get your pals and shipwreck one of those f'ers, and definitely do not pay for it. Or just tip it over like the giant porta potty it is and see if blue stuff runs out. Then post that on KSR with a witty meme about porta-pots and UK football.

Reactions: JustinSphere
Chester is pretty much the best answer for a day or so a week spot. He's the right combo of hillbilly humor, an odd couple vibe to go against the Duke law grad, and he throws in the occasional really insightful point. Plus he's got the ability to riff and keep people's attention.

Unless he looks like Jeff Goodman when filmed, I'd go with him. Too much, however, may be too much.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
So this Grace VanderWaal child singer on AGT...unreal. She is a phenom. That performance was amazing.

Last edited:
Another option: slowly torturing and murdering Chris from Richmond over the course of weeks. (Or months!)

He's done it to everyone else in the Central Kentucky area for years. Turnabout is fair play, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cayts74
I don't think co-hosting a TV show would be a good role for Chester. He's perfect for exactly what he does already. The mystery of Chester is also what makes him so great on the radio show.

Vanetti is perfect for it. Other than him, I'm clueless for any other alternatives

Matt, you always about how you can't do blogs anymore, it's too late, too much out there. I feel the same with this PTI ripoff idea. In all honesty, I'm quite the fanboy, listen to both the show and MJ pod...but I won't watch the TV show because everything you or Tony have to say I'll hear on the other long form platforms which I enjoy more. And that's fine, I'm probably not the target audience anyway.

What you should do is a GYERO variety show. Bbdk on eats, Chase on film, Max and UCL cracking wise like the two old dudes in the balcony in the Muppets, Sloot giving fashion advice to young lassies, Richie's "deep thoughts", the rant of the week brought to you by SAE. Now, that is a show.

Matt, you always about how you can't do blogs anymore, it's too late, too much out there. I feel the same with this PTI ripoff idea. In all honesty, I'm quite the fanboy, listen to both the show and MJ pod...but I won't watch the TV show because everything you or Tony have to say I'll hear on the other long form platforms which I enjoy more. And that's fine, I'm probably not the target audience anyway.

What you should do is a GYERO variety show. Bbdk on eats, Chase on film, Max and UCL cracking wise like the two old dudes in the balcony in the Muppets, Sloot giving fashion advice to young lassies, Richie's "deep thoughts", the rant of the week brought to you by SAE. Now, that is a show.

I'm mildly curious as to why there is always the desire to turn to tv once established.

I mean Bill Simmons is god awful on tv and has foresaken anything he is good at. If he would just go buy a laptop without a wireless connection and lock himself in a room until he knocked out five columns, the world would be a far better place.

I assume there must be a revenue motive or, at least, some desire to promote the brand. But the things that make people good in print or in radio broadcast (in whatever form) very rarely translate well to tv. And yet it gets tried over and over. (See Goodman, Jeff et al).

Not a knock on Matt and I respect the hustle, just always kind of made me curious because the motivations are not immediately obvious if the desire is to put out good content. Again, I assume the paycheck must be substantially different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT