ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd much rather have a well built and finished house with efficient and modern tech systems than one that is huge, inefficient, and made of plastic. I also prefer to either be near the middle of it all or the middle of nowhere. I'm done with the outlying suburbs.

They are making homes out of plastic these days? Thanks Obama.

Anth's weather takes have got to be one of the dumbest storylines in Gyero history. It's like Ashley I's constant crying on the Bachelor. Looking for sharp objects to slit my wrist with...

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
If I were Matt and moving to Lexington, be hard not to look at a condo/townhouse downtown. But, the good ones are few and far between, and there is something to be said for privacy and space that you don't get downtown ( I moved out.) With lyft and uber, there is really not a problem getting where you want yo go.

Guess it really just depends what your motivation is...

Matt, I'll sell you my house. All you have to do is tell the people around you that you send your kids to public school and they'll stop talking to you. It's great.
Yeah that's the best thing about school choices is everyone on all sides are respectful and not at all judgmental and/or defensive about their personal choices at all. PARENTS!

Who are these sick people?

shipping-container.png

If I were Matt and moving to Lexington, be hard not to look at a condo/townhouse downtown. But, the good ones are few and far between, and there is something to be said for privacy and space that you don't get downtown ( I moved out.) With lyft and uber, there is really not a problem getting where you want yo go.

Guess it really just depends what your motivation is...
Anything for you to be closer to steak Nirvana

F your average temperatures, Anth. The word on the street today with every stranger I had to make small talk with was "hey, how about this nice weather finally," because they know August sucks, and this summer has sucked.

-Think Matt's going to miss Louisville more than he may realize. Seems like Lexington would be an awfully small place for someone in his position.

But yea, if I'm moving there give me Chevy Chase. I'd happily pay the premium and "sacrifice" certain home amenities to be in that area. No brainer.

Chevy Chase as a single guy? Meh. Stick to sink holes and rosacae.

Courtney Cox, good grief. She used to be so hot.

Matt seems like a Chevy Chaser or a downtowner. I'd be tempted to go downtown with a townhouse, be in the thick of things, walk most places. Next move is either downtown or to the woods or beach. No in between.

--- I dont understand why anyone lets UK Football get them down. Why not just assume they won't be good (based solely on history)...get excited about the season because football is fun and you get to hang out with your friends and have a blast...if they win get really excited, but expect the bottom to drop out...and if none of those things happen and we have a really cool year (like has happened 2-3 years tops in our lifetime), just consider it like the night with the chick way out of your league that falls in your lap. Isn't that the best way to do UK Football?

Do you try to come off this condescending? Some people just like football and are emotionally invested in this program. That's ok.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Chevy Chase is far from the most prestigious neighborhood in town. It's one of the most over priced and overrated for sure. If you want to pay $250/sqft for some 70 year old bungalow, then be my guest. Have weekly family dinners and swirl scotch while you shove that silver spoon a few inches deeper up your ass.

Lakewood holds the reigns right now, and it's not even debatable. Lots there are selling for 5-600k.

Me, I want space, high end new construction, and as few neighbors as possible.

Then again, maybe we're all underestimating just how wet girls get over 6,000 square feet of neutral toned, vinyl sided, laminate floored Ball Home.

Matt -- forgive my earlier post. Order the #6 on the street named after a horse or a golf course. And pay up for the appliance upgrade.

#drippingpuss
#ubereverywhere
#mcmansion
#doyouevenhottubbro

Do you try to come off this condescending? Some people just like football and are emotionally invested in this program. That's ok.

Yes my goal is to be condescending...as opposed to everyone else in GYERO, who as I have followed over the years, seem to be most interested in always being polite to each other and respectful of differing opinions.

Then again, maybe we're all underestimating just how wet girls get over 6,000 square feet of neutral toned, vinyl sided, laminate floored Ball Home.

Matt -- forgive my earlier post. Order the #6 on the street named after a horse or a golf course. And pay up for the appliance upgrade.

#drippingpuss
#ubereverywhere
#mcmansion
#doyouevenhottubbro

Nobody talking bout no ball homes here bro. #brick

$10 uber ride is Nathan. Until they fill in the pit, parking downtown sucks anyway.

If you build it, they will come.:100points:

F your average temperatures, Anth. The word on the street today with every stranger I had to make small talk with was "hey, how about this nice weather finally," because they know August sucks, and this summer has sucked.

-Think Matt's going to miss Louisville more than he may realize. Seems like Lexington would be an awfully small place for someone in his position.

But yea, if I'm moving there give me Chevy Chase. I'd happily pay the premium and "sacrifice" certain home amenities to be in that area. No brainer.

Thats the thing...in terms of area around it, Chevy Chase is by far the best. But since I literally own nothing and now can have something of value, I want to get a nice house. I like the idea of taking a house and remodeling it, but I literally have zero insight on how to do that successfully. Throw in the fact that I hate moving in general and will have to be a shit ton of stuff just to furnish a house and I probably should have just stayed in Louisville and not done the tv show.

One thing I will miss a lot is the random country bar scene in Louisville. There are a ton of random hole in the wall places I could go on a weekend night and have a lot of fun. There don't seem like as many of those in Lexington.

Reactions: SAECATFAN

Pretty sure UK has dorms now that are nicer than these things.
They're so dumb. Why not start with the tailgate companies that will setup normal tailgates for people each week with premium locations? Similar to most every other SEC school. Those things are an epic failure and it was obvious the second they were announced.

You live 2 blocks from some of the most overcrowded, traffic heavy commercial space in the entire state.

How quaint.

I was speaking of my next home.

Actually now it's much better than downtown traffic wise. I have pretty much anything I need in 5 minutes. Quick uber downtown.

Different strokes.

Thats the thing...in terms of area around it, Chevy Chase is by far the best. But since I literally own nothing and now can have something of value, I want to get a nice house. I like the idea of taking a house and remodeling it, but I literally have zero insight on how to do that successfully. Throw in the fact that I hate moving in general and will have to be a shit ton of stuff just to furnish a house and I probably should have just stayed in Louisville and not done the tv show.

One thing I will miss a lot is the random country bar scene in Louisville. There are a ton of random hole in the wall places I could go on a weekend night and have a lot of fun. There don't seem like as many of those in Lexington.

You might consider the Lansdowne/Merrick area. Billy Clyde crushed the coed/uk fan scene there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT