ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those things are such a swing and a miss. Talk about completely misjudging the audience. Anyone who wants to spend that kind of money on tailgating already has a nicer setup. Anyone who does not want to spend that kind of money on tailgating is certainly not going to be persuaded to piss it away on one of those shit boxes.

--- I dont understand why anyone lets UK Football get them down. Why not just assume they won't be good (based solely on history)...get excited about the season because football is fun and you get to hang out with your friends and have a blast...if they win get really excited, but expect the bottom to drop out...and if none of those things happen and we have a really cool year (like has happened 2-3 years tops in our lifetime), just consider it like the night with the chick way out of your league that falls in your lap. Isn't that the best way to do UK Football?
as has been discussed on here, the problem with your theory is the ever increasing prices & hassle that Mitch has instituted since arriving. Higher & higher required K fund "donations" for tickets, parking passes through the roof, longtime seat locations with family/friends stolen away. And I get why he has done what he did, football needed to generate more revenue & our prices are still low compared to others in the SEC, but it still pissed off a fanbase already shaky due to the losses.

Hey man, I get this whole sarcastic hate UK football thing is an act, but let's be fair- there are plenty of opportunities in the CWS concourse to watch other football games in HD.
Also great opportunities in the Loge as I have a TV with all the sports channels, assuming MCF doesn't shatter the screen.
-We've discussed boring drives on here before, but I just need to reiterate how truly awful the drive is up 65 through Alabama from Gulf Shores. And I've seen enough Crimson Tide/War Eagle crap to last me a lifetime.

-The CMD transformation project continues. Stuck to my diet all vacation, which was really tough with all the seafood restaurants on the coast. Down about 25 pounds, time to get back into shape.
No doubt. It's terrible and if you're doing it at night very dangerous with the deer. Thankfully through my trips down there Bama was pretty mediocre. Can't imagine that state right now.

Good luck. A few people around here need to drop some LBS. Maybe a good time for a contest.
Watched the first episode of season 2 of "Mr. Robot," and that show is getting really close to having its head up its own ass. Kinda concerning.
The first 4-5 episode of season 1 were awesome. The end was meh. The start of season 2 has been terrible and it's just finally finishing up the first story line and moving on which could've been locked up in 2 episodes. Story line is just too much really. Hacking is awesome, being split personality and schizophrenic is kind of cool. Combining the 2 is making the story harsh and hard to follow.
Nice rehash everyone on how miserable UK football is. I thought that was kind of the point? Something to follow but not take too seriously.
Yeah, but it's become "cool" in GYERO to be the most miserable condescending fan. I credit Brooks for this, he's really been beat up with UK football more than any of us.
If I'm a major program, I hire Brittany Wagner yesterday. Hard to see someone being better at that job than her.
She's pretty awesome. I was kind of mean to her after the first 2-3 episodes but by the end it's clear she's the only person in that school that gives a damn about those kids.

*It was clear from almost the beginning that Isaiah Wright was the best player on that team, even though he gets almost 0 air time. Fast forward to the end, and he's got better offers than anyone else. No shocker there.

*Why is Ronald Ollie not in a UK uniform? Come on.

Reactions: wcc31
Last Chance U is kind of like The Real World. You're only really watching to see if and when someone (Wagner) gets a dick stuck in them. Or maybe a fight. That would be cool, too.

-Re: Weddings - If you talk for more than a 60 seconds you've gone too long. Tell a quick story about how you knew this was the one, if you have a good cute funny story roll with that, compliment the families and raise a toast. Really easy. Leave the inside jokes and edgy anecdotes for another time.

-Ollie, man what a story on that kid. Tragic. He can't be worse than what we have. I think one of the barely featured defensive players committed to UL, I don't think he's going to make it though. There are some updates out there on the players.

-Hey Mitch, "build a better stadium and a winning program and a recruiting room and pay our assistants and a practice facility and put in better AV equipment but don't move my seats or charge me any more." :rolleyes:

Don't blame people right now for not buying season tickets. Just like I boycotted Joker's final season. If you don't like where the program is, I can understand that. And yeah, the marketing is corny and misguided but you can't say, "the administration doesn't give a shit about football." They've dumped a ton of money in that place the last 4 years. Fans are always there. Time for the team to put up.

Last edited:
To be accurate I'd concede that UK has pumped a lot of money in the football stadium, facilities, upgraded coaching staff, etc., etc.

In fact, from an outsider's perspective, it really looks like UK football has gotten all the pumps.

Reactions: Mashburned
My cousin's wedding- her husband's brothers gave a joint best man speech that included props. That was pretty awful.

At my sister's wedding, the best man began his toast with "Fornication... For An Occasion like this....." and it got worse from there.

th

This will be the first "meaningful" opener at CWS since 2005 (last UofL opener).

I'm going to be watching from Tulsa, but I'm excited about it and the season. I think I'm mostly intrigued to see how it all plays out, though. As I have said, just give me a team that plays hard & physical, cares, and doesn't beat itself, and I can live with the rest. Again, that's all I ask, and it seems reasonable enough (last year's team doing the exact opposite of that).

FTR, I think we beat Southern Miss by 14+.

I once took in a bridesmaid's speech that was a recollection of conspiring with the bride to mess with the brides' ex-boyfriends shortly after breakups . It was clearly meant to serve as a warning to the groom.

It went largely unnoticed because everyone was still abuzz from the bridal party being announced via the Alan Parsons Project Chicago Bulls intro music (heights, weights, hometowns et al.)

To be clear- this reception wasn't at Jimmie's Rollerdome. It was a nice reception, black tie "optional", top shelf open bar, full spread, theworksreally, etc.

Props.

The original CentrePointe concept was eye rollingly ridiculous for a city the size of Lexington, but I always figured it would ultimately result in some sort of scaled down, bland structure and not just a giant f'n hole in the ground. What a mess. Maybe they could just fill it with the Herald-Leader building and grass it back over.

after Dudley is done with a $40M underground parking garage he gonna take up building the Louisville Museum Plaza? that thing was gonna be so dope.

A headline that will surprise no one:

Todd Marinovich -- Arrested for Meth ... Naked In a Stranger's Backyard
Drugs man, some people just can't do them. He threw away the possibility of a really good life, even if he never panned out. I hate when I see people that just won't stop using.

University of Kentucky football fans will have the opportunity to enjoy no-fuss tailgating in swanky suites starting this fall.

The luxury tailgating suites, dubbed the 1865 Club, look like small bungalows and feature 300 square feet of indoor entertainment space with heating and air conditioning. They offer a kitchen, four high-definition televisions, a full-size refrigerator and a half bath. There is also outdoor entertainment space with a television and awning.

Hamburgers, hot dogs and soft drinks are included, but premium food and alcohol options will come with an added cost.

The suites, which can accommodate up to 30 guests each, will be outside the southwest corner of Commonwealth Stadium in green space adjacent to the President’s Pavilion, according to a news release from UK Athletics.

Full-season rentals are $50,000, but UK Director of Strategic Communication Guy Ramsey said he expects that most rentals will be for single games. Rentals for SEC games and the Wildcats’ season opener against the Southern Mississippi will cost $8,000. Other games will be $6,000 for each 12-hour rental. Game tickets are not included.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...k-football/article72516577.html#storylink=cpy

:joy::joy::joy:

There is no problem with tailgate trailer huts. Little redneck and stupid, but whatever. However, when you sell them as "swanky suites" or "small bungalows" you can go drown in milk toast. Get real.

AYCE hot dogs and cokes, tho. [thumb2]

Reactions: cawoodsct
--- Moving to Lexington...I don't like any house I have seen. All the small houses aren't nice and all the nice houses are too big.

Terrible synopsis of the Lex housing scene as expected, but you should check out Race St. area...right up your alley.

I'd much rather have a well built and finished house with efficient and modern tech systems than one that is huge, inefficient, and made of plastic. I also prefer to either be near the middle of it all or the middle of nowhere. I'm done with the outlying suburbs.

That's 2 BR house in Idle Hour cawood (?) linked a while back would be perfect for Mags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT