ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty sure UK has dorms now that are nicer than these things.
Well, that video confirms what I thought all along.

Stroll through the UK or visitor's RV lot, see as nice or nicer set ups with friendly folks more than happy to share food and drinks, save $50,000.00, literally and figuratively profit.

- Man, a late 30s bachelor in Lexington. What's the talent pool like? You might have to go young, not that that's a bad thing. I've come back on Lexington in the last 5 years. Wanted no part of living there in my mid-to-late 20s, but I could do it now. Nostalgia, feel and proximity to my favorite "hobby" is a helluva pull.

- [laughing] Remember BBdK, Manny and I briefly (and probably drunkenly) discussing a move to Dallas in the mid-00s.

- If I were 25 today and looking to move for a few years, my Top 3:

1. San Diego
2. Nashville
3. Chicago

- Is Boat really that far out? Didn't seem that way when I stayed there last year. I liked his house and neighborhood.

- That said, you can't beat where Jaimanthony live. Love that neighborhood, especially in the fall.

- August is always good for a couple preternatural perfect Fall-like days just as a tease, before going back to gross. That said, September is right around the corner and I'd argue it's the most consistently nice and agreeable weather month of the year- all due respect to May.

- Heading to Boston tomorrow morning. Can't wait- have always wanted to visit that town. Will be cool, too, because I largely feel like its always me showing the lass where I grew up, went to school, etc. Excited to see where she went to college and her favorite haunts and such. Plus, I'll get to meet a bunch of her college friends.

Nashville is the hub of the SEC and the hottest place in the country this side of NYC and the Rockies for youngs to move and F***. How is it overrated?

Reactions: JustinSphere
There are more back roads along Nicholasville Rd than there are in Hamburg because there are actually neighborhoods there that were built before 1995.

If you don't live in the area, then most people just know Sir Barton and Pink Pigeon. There are plenty of back roads in the Hamburg area to get away from the shopping mess. Plus the ability to just hop on the interstate helps a lot. I've lived just off Nicholasville Rd between it and Tates Creek and I've lived in Hamburg. I will take Hamburg traffic almost any day over Nicholasville Rd. Tares Creek may actually be the worst when school is in, particularlywhen it just starts back.

-To put it to rest finally. Late July/August to you all = late Jan/Feb to me. Feb always has that 2-3 day stretch hinting at Spring that gets the juices flowing. Same for this week before it gets back to the mid->upper 80's. I love Sept and Oct, it's just the 4 months after that. Only UK basketball can drag me through it.

-Love Lexington in the place I'm at but wouldn't have wanted to be around here in my single days after college. Great town once you're settled down and especially for raising a family but if you're looking for entertainment, not the place.

-Be hard to top NYC for those single years I'd assume. Walk everywhere, best social setting in the world, unlimited entertainment options, same with career.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Nashville is the hub of the SEC and the hottest place in the country this side of NYC and the Rockies for youngs to move and F***. How is it overrated?

SAE has dogged Nashville/Broadway for as long as I've known him. If you can't have an epic day/night there while visiting you're most likely a miserable person. (which fits)

Went on a run around campus yesterday, and here are the tailgating trailers in all of their glory.
zR8WJBu.jpg

Bc1iq4c.jpg

Got up to the front door and took a picture through the glass. Obviously it's not completely furnished yet, but it's just tiny. Certainly not even close to worth what it's being charged for. And their location is just weird. I mean it's right by one of the gates to get into the stadium, but I would just feel awkward tailgating in one of those things. IDK.

- Feel kinda old for being in the fraternity now, but a positive: we have a rush day drink/slip'n slide today around noon :sunglasses: Should be perfect since we have a gorgeous, average mid-August day on our hand. Looking forward to the lassies looking not stressed while drinking some hooch today.

- First day of classes tomorrow. Because I did a co-op last semester, it will be my first day of class since December. Been a long time. Feel like I've forgotten how to do math, which is not ideal, considering I'm knocking out a math minor this semester. We'll see how it goes.

- Pretty stressful thinking about actually having to start looking for a job here pretty soon :flushed: Not really looking forward to that. So if anybody wants/needs a materials engineer, holla!

Reactions: drxman1
-Lol I forgot about "minors." What a worthless effort. I was a "psych" minor.

-What I didn't forget about was campus yesterday afternoon. Great Scott!! All hussies were hussied up. Saw a whole pack rolling into a house party. All sporting just a little extra party weight. Assume they were easy targets.

If Lexington is like any other college town I've been to its filled with college kids and then people in their 30's that are starting a family and then lost souls in their 20's who are slightly depressed.

Was curious and looked at Zillow. There is a house in chevy chase built in 1950 that is 3,500 square feet and not really that updated - being sold for 1.3 million. [laughing] Okay Lexington, slow your roll.

Always thought life would start to suck after college, but if I had to rate the decades so far I would say:

#1- 30's
#2 -20's
#3-0-10
#4-10-20 - but I hated high school and junior high.

Hoping the 40's continue the upward trend, but 30's have been pretty awesome so far

I know you guys have been arguing it for 6 months but surely you aren't serious about August being comparable to the dead of Winter. Yes its hot and humid and kinda sucks to be outside, but are you pale white and overweight? Do you not see the sun at all somedays because you are at work until 5PM. Do you or someone you know have the flu/sniffles/cough/cold? Does the weather literally make it difficult to go check the mail? Drive? Walk outside? I mean winter sucks, but everyone knows that.

- If I were 25 today and looking to move for a few years, my Top 3:

1. San Diego
2. Nashville
3. Chicago

I love San Diego but unless you're a 20 something making good money, that's going to be a tough as place to do well with women.

Always preferred the southern cities vs the NY or the west coast. Women are unbelievably hot but not quite as jaded with the princess syndrome you find in the other places.

5 of the top 10 are in 40502. I think when most people are talking about the "Chevy Chase Area" they're generally talking about all of the area between Tates Creek and Richmond Rd inside of Alumni.

No, that's way too broad. Learn Lexington.

Chevy Chase is a neighborhood in southeastern Lexington, Kentucky, United States. Its boundaries are Cooper Drive to the south, Tates Creek Road to the west, Fontaine Road to the north, and Chinoe Road to the east.Wikipedia

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...ee06ed3e6d7cf4!8m2!3d38.0200701!4d-84.4868185

Matt, whatever you purchase, please be sure and send me plans so I can advise on your TV placement. This is of utmost importance.

Otherwise, is you have respectable guests they may flip the "bozo bit" on you if you've improperly located your TV, like a common rube.

-UKO, I think we can all agree that Matt has some public notoriety at this point.

Lots of jealously in UKO's post. It's a 100% lock that if the roles were reversed and UKO had developed a cult-like following for UNC basketball, he would be throwing out "do you know who I am" anywhere and everywhere.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Lexington is so provincial, people get snooty about their damn micro-neighborhoods. SCH, get real FFS. If you dropped $1 million (or anything close to that) on a bungalow in Lexington KY you probably have some serious self esteem issues.

Reactions: LadyCat92
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT