ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt -- Bob is 40, overweight, past his prime, and basically married.

So as a single guy looking for a home, please pay close attention to his opinion. Very valid.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Matt -- Bob is 40, overweight, past his prime, and basically married.

So as a single guy looking for a home, please pay close attention to his opinion. Very valid.

And 4 years ago, when I moved here and tore up this town at a legendary clip, I did exactly what I've been telling him. Go downtown.

Last edited:
As someone whose dog decided that 4:30 a.m. was the perfect time to have the urgent need to take a crap, I can say this on the issue of what house Matt should buy in Lexington:

If you don't know anything about remodeling or construction, don't take it upon yourself. It is so much more work and stress than it seems if you don't know what you're doing. Just an absolute pain if you aren't an 80 Proof-ball, especially if you can't hang your own pictures.

Heard a dog throwing up around 4am the other morning so of course i got up hoping to head off the imminent mess. Long story short, I slipped and almost fell in it, was so pissed off I couldn't go back to sleep and watched mountain men for an hour..

You live 2 blocks from some of the most overcrowded, traffic heavy commercial space in the entire state.

How quaint.

Have you been to the corner of MOW and Nicholasville Rd lately? I live in Hamburg and scratch my head at the ignorance of whoever designed some of the traffic flow out here which leads to many of the problems, see the intersection of MOW and Pleasant Ridge, but I cannot imagine the sure hell that MOW and Nicholasville is getting ready to become when that new development is finished.

Have you been to the corner of MOW and Nicholasville Rd lately? I live in Hamburg and scratch my head at the ignorance of whoever designed some of the traffic flow out here which leads to many of the problems, see the intersection of MOW and Pleasant Ridge, but I cannot imagine the sure hell that MOW and Nicholasville is getting ready to become when that new development is finished.

He lives in New Orleans. When he's not at home doing New Orleans things, he's out running 100 milers. But yet somehow we are graced with his brilliant diatribes about a place he maybe visits once a year.

Doesn't take much to know that the traffic by Hamburg sucks ass. Common knowledge.

If you're going into the shopping areas, yeah it's busy. Still nothing compared to Nicholasville road and the mall.

But if you're going to a residential part, there are these things called back roads. Moves real nice.

I'm actually surprised that the good radiologist hasn't built an enclave in Masterson Station and named it Palace Lickerinthefrontpokerintheback to be quite honest.

Reactions: Mashburned
Tbh, out towards wilmore out that side of the lex is the place to be, right? I don't mean in wilmore, but out that way when you get to the real houses that sit on proper sized lots, and stuff. Doesn't feel like lexington anymore.

There are more back roads along Nicholasville Rd than there are in Hamburg because there are actually neighborhoods there that were built before 1995.

Tbh, out towards wilmore out that side of the lex is the place to be, right? I don't mean in wilmore, but out that way when you get to the real houses that sit on proper sized lots, and stuff. Doesn't feel like lexington anymore.

You talking about Keene Run and Champions Trace? They're in Jessamine County.

Last edited:
Reactions: B Rax
Each area of lexington has its charm except for Hamburg. They were selling off some of those condos at the Hilton a couple months back. Being single it would have been pretty cool to live in a hotel but all around terrible investment.

Time to get in a groove greatest season of living in Lexington is on deck. Remember why we did this.

Reactions: wcc31
I looked at condos in the Hilton a few years ago. I mean, some of them were pretty nice, and its a great location, but they nailed you in fees. Pretty much doubled the mortgage payment with $400/mo parking and $400 for amenities...

-I'd just rent one of those tailgate trailers. Probably get them on the cheap during the week and AirBNB that bitch on the weekend.

-Where 80's townhouses are is actually the perfect area for a young single dude. A block from West 6th and 4 blocks from downtown. Lot of the young single crowd is moving that direction.

-The prices and quickness of our area right now is insane.

-I just don't understand moving out to Hamburg and working off Harrodsburg Rd. You can find that same house in any quadrant in the city, might as well make it same side as your office. BTW, how's that golf club membership going :joy:

-"Monday, new diet starts, just crushed a workout, let's go make a healthy meal." **phone rings** Parents are out front with "leftovers" from Tony's. They essentially ordered a second meal to drop off. Some Italian sausage with sauce deal. Delicious. Not on the diet.

-Sandra Boyton crushes it, right? Those books are genius.

There are more back roads along Nicholasville Rd than there are in Hamburg because there are actually neighborhoods there that were built before 1995.

You talking about Keene Run and Champions Trace? They're in Jessamine County.

Yea wherever...that side/area seems like the only option.....unless you have kids or a vicious appetite for steak and parking lots.

I looked at condos in the Hilton a few years ago. I mean, some of them were pretty nice, and its a great location, but they nailed you in fees. Pretty much doubled the mortgage payment with $400/mo parking and $400 for amenities...
Parents looked at them and they come with some "heir rights"(sp?) where the Webb's can essentially force you out pending the renewal of the hotel shit. Lawyer told them to stay the hell out of that mess and I don't blame them. Last landlord in the world I would want is those slime balls. I think your boy Seth, Lambo/2keys/Rolls, just bought a place in there.

Of the condos right downtown, after looking at them and knowing people in them, no way in hell I would ever suggest living in any of them. They're all a mess with either crappy construction, overpriced, crazy HOAs, or crazy building owners.

Reactions: drxman1
Chevy Chase is far from the most prestigious neighborhood in town. It's one of the most over priced and overrated for sure.

Overpriced, definitely, and despite its pretentiousness, it has charm and people like the location. Paying for the intangibles vs. the home features in many cases.

There are half a dozen or more "prestigious" neighborhoods in Lex depending on how you wish to define them, both moderately priced and expensive. You don’t have to spend 250K+ to live in a very nice neighborhood in Lex.

F your average temperatures, Anth. The word on the street today with every stranger I had to make small talk with was "hey, how about this nice weather finally," because they know August sucks, and this summer has sucked.

Anth is such an idiot on this topic it's mind-boggling. PTI(pti) levels of stubbornness.

The weather yesterday/today is about as far from "average" as it gets for August -- which is exactly why everyone is excited about it. [eyeroll] (Oh, and that it reminds them of Fall [cheers])

Last edited:
-I got a C in Stats 291 (barely - touch that course), but seems like the median temperature would be a more effective reading of August temps in Kentucky than average.

-UKO, I think we can all agree that Matt has some public notoriety at this point.

-Nashville tomorrow and Thursday. Scrambol at Vandy's Legends course, which is pretty nice. Glad I've got my new UK golf shirt. [smoke]

Getting drunk during the day and taking it out on to Broadway tomorrow night. Should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT