ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I skipped J-Arch's wedding shower on that day because of the Georgia game and did not regret it.

in memory of DeQuin Evans, Kayaune Ross is a new name who folks should jot down on their hands as one to remember for this season. sounds like he is just too big a target in the passing game to keep off the field.

Hard to believe just 10 years ago there was an SEC game on tape delay.

I paid $10 to the old guy with a walker who scalped out of the bus stop in the blue lot for a lower on the 20 yard line for that game. Those were different times.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
in memory of DeQuin Evans, Kayaune Ross is a new name who folks should jot down on their hands as one to remember for this season. sounds like he is just too big a target in the passing game to keep off the field.

Over/under on catches for Ross? 20? 25?

Keep in mind that in 2004 that was rookie year LeBron, Melo and Wade, and Larry Brown basically refused to play them because he didn't feel like they were good enough defensively or they didn't "play the right way" or whatever that overrated turd thought.

Head to head, it's tough to go against prime Duncan plus LeBron/Wade, and I'm assuming Larry Brown isn't coaching '04 and it's just squad vs. squad. But under FIBA rules? Give me this year's guys. When you start Iverson and Marbury in the same backcourt in a FIBA tournament, you don't deserve to win.

DeAndre Jordan played well in these games too. There wasn't one stinker from the Jordan/Cousins center combo. Every time one played badly, the other played great.

I'm pretty sure 2020 will be allowed to have Karl Towns since he was just 16 when he played for Dominican Republic. So we'll be fine. He could probably switch anyway. If Serge Ibaka (Congo) and Nikola Mirotic (Montenegro) can play for Spain, why not.

Indeed.

But in any question where I get to select 2004 Tim Duncan, I'm taking that (even with Marbury's triffling ass along in tow.)

Who has Richie pegged this season to come off the end in such fashion? In the past, it's basically been a death wish for said player -- Trevathan is the only one who panned out.

Maybe he should keep it to himself, dunno.

Who has Richie pegged this season to come off the end in such fashion? In the past, it's basically been a death wish for said player -- Trevathan is the only one who panned out.

Maybe he should keep it to himself, dunno.

The Maurice Grinter Award

146360.jpg

Last edited:
No idea what I was doing that game. Just fyi.

I remember almost getting into a fight with some jackass in the student section who kept cheering after Corey Peters or Myron Pryor (can't remember which) appeared to paralyze a Georgia player and I told him to shut the eff up.

Regardless of that jackhole, that was an incredible game to attend.

The sun gives us life. But if we're not careful it also gives us painful sunburns. That's why we made KFC's Extra Crispy™ Sunscreen! Its SPF helps protect your skin while the real fried chicken scent leaves you smelling delicious!

hgpqi3najtda1a9wqf4e.png

Reactions: Hankshaker
Hard to believe just 10 years ago there was an SEC game on tape delay.

Can't imagine why people would want to stay home now and watch the game in HD, drink booze, enjoy wifi, eat or piss without standing in line for 20 minutes, and switch over to a competitive game on another channel in the second half.

Getting Rich Brooks bourbon drunk and asking his opinion on things has to be one of life's great pleasures. For instance, I'd love to hear him open up on Micah Johnson or Jared Lorenzon or Trump v. Hilary.

Or anything, really.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Can't imagine why people would want to stay home now and watch the game in HD, drink booze, enjoy wifi, eat or piss without standing in line for 20 minutes, and switch over to a competitive game on another channel in the second half.
Hey man, I get this whole sarcastic hate UK football thing is an act, but let's be fair- there are plenty of opportunities in the CWS concourse to watch other football games in HD.

The most amazing thing about UK football is that it hasn't beaten a team in its own division, played annually, since the Reagan administration.

I mean that is amazing.
This is why that loss to Florida in 2003 was so damn soul-crushing. Up 21-3 heading into the fourth quarter and we still blew it. I think it's the worst loss of my UK fanhood.

The most amazing thing about UK football is that it hasn't beaten a team in its own division, played annually, since the Reagan administration.

I mean that is amazing.

You would think that you could accidentally win one of those over 30 years. I mean they had a few years of Ron Zook and Will Muschamp for crying out loud.

This is why that loss to Florida in 2003 was so damn soul-crushing. Up 21-3 heading into the fourth quarter and we still blew it. I think it's the worst loss of my UK fanhood.

That's the game my dad, then 67 years old and recently moved to Florida, sent me a long e-mail vowing not to get sucked in by UK football any longer.

"I grew up in Lexington . . . sat on the bench when I was a kid and they played at Stoll Field . . . attended games for 60 years . . . I'm finally through with them . . . it's probably too late for you, but spare your infant son from a life of chronic disappointment and turn him away . . . "

After 67 years, that's the game that finally broke him.

Last edited:
-We've discussed boring drives on here before, but I just need to reiterate how truly awful the drive is up 65 through Alabama from Gulf Shores. Most all of Montgomery and Birmingham must've been in Gulf Shores for the weekend and decided to drive back yesterday. The traffic was unreal. And I've seen enough Crimson Tide/War Eagle crap to last me a lifetime, not to mention the uncomfortably numerous confederate flags and Trump posters.

-In spite of myself, I'm excited for UK football. I know I'm going to end up broken-hearted, frustrated, and rage-filled but, damnit, bring it on! :mad:

-The CMD transformation project continues. Stuck to my diet all vacation, which was really tough with all the seafood restaurants on the coast. Down about 25 pounds, time to get back into shape. Trying to decide if I want to join a gym or take up walking/running. I just want to get rid of my dad bod. Seeing KL's transformation and PTI running 100 miles :)eek:) are certainly inspirations. :boxing: Just going to take some time.

-Was the 2003 Florida game the one we would've won had Lorenzen not thrown that pick? If so, that's the most irate I've ever been at a sporting event. I'm with BBdK - we're not beating Florida in my lifetime.

Mine was calling my LSU buddy to rub it in before the Bluegrass Miracle play. UK Football can GGP after that. Never again. NEVER AGAIN.

Mine was calling my LSU buddy to rub it in before the Bluegrass Miracle play. UK Football can GGP after that. Never again. NEVER AGAIN.
That's on you, pal. It's "Till The Battle is WON" not "Till The Battle is MOST PROBABLY WON"

I was one of the idiots rushing the field as time expired so I speak from a position of knowledge on this.

People leaving Rio are able to sign a board in the airport and of course, most are apologizing for the POS gaffot Ryan Lochte.

Cqac9wkWEAAKNdS.jpg:large

The thing about Lochte is, he's 32 years old.

That's a few years past when "shenanigans" turn into "crimes"/"cries for help".

Evidently Bolt after winning his 9th hooked up with some 20 year old Brazilian who promptly posted a pic of them in bed on the internet.
usain-bolt.jpg

Mean while Bolt's sister is saying that he will get engaged to his girl friend of 2 years when he gets back from Rio. Yeah ok sis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT