ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
That put quite an exclamation point on these Olympic Games. Happy that Brazil got golds in the sports that they really wanted them in.

Been to the Woodland Arts festival but don't remember it too well, I do however really enjoy a trip up to Louisville for the St. James Art Fair each year.

For example, one of the lawsuits was argued in the Federal Court of Appeals and the ruling is due any time. They issue their opinions on Tuesday and Friday. Because of that, speculators have been buying on Tuesday and Friday mornings driving the price up 3-5%. It will drop once an opinion isn't issued.

You keep plugging away with that $250 a month into a mutual fund though Hank.

That's odd considering that federal courts of appeals issue rulings Monday through Friday.

But I'm sure you knew that, and you're just making fun of the brain-dead idiots who speculate on that kind of easily refutable BS.

WTG, Chief!

[sick]

That's odd considering that federal courts of appeals issue rulings Monday through Friday.

But I'm sure you knew that, and you're just making fun of the brain-dead idiots who speculate on that kind of easily refutable BS.

WTG, Chief!

[sick]
I'm sure they do. But do all circuits issue them the same days? I honestly don't know. I'm just going on what every major news source has stated, that it will be on a Tuesday or Friday. This weeks action showed that. Maybe you know better than them though.

I'm guessing that different panels have certain days they issue opinions.

Last edited:
So these games were the best ever, right? So many storylines...more than I can remember in a single games. If not at the top, definitely Top 3. What a great 2 weeks.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
Went to the State Fair last night for the first time in a few years...in and out in 3 hours. Went the usual route...Farm stuff (kids loved the award winning vegetables and bunnies the most), Freddy Farm Bureau, Cakes/Quilts/Art Shows, Vendor City...ate a pork chop sandwich, walked back to the Midway for a few rides...elephant ear...then back to the car before the rain hit.

A few notes...

The high waisted short shorts phenomenon is pretty awful.

$25 for 22 tickets so my kids could ride 2 rides = :rolleyes:. Who prices these things? The rides were mostly empty. As were the games. $5 for 3 throws at the milk cans. Sorry bub. Make that $2 and I'll probably do it. Same thing with the tickets. Just a terrible deal all around. Especially when you can get a season pass to Six Flags for $59 per.

Also, $10 per adult and $8 per kid...W T F???? Luckily we had group passes, but some people actually pay those prices? That's just wrong. A family of 4 or 5 could easily be down $300 without any effort at all. If I'm spending that kind of money, I'm going to Cedar Point.

The East End kids dressed like rednecks thing. Hey buddy...I've seen you at the pool all summer and on the golf course. You go to X/Trinity. You're not fooling anyone. Stick with the Vinny Vines and Sperrys.

Pork chop sandwich always delivers though.

And this mom jeans thing again...no.

Last edited:
I love the state fair, but have no desire to hit the midway. My ideal trip is getting there as it opens, checking out the livestock and ag exhibits, strolling through the county exhibits then the flea market, grabbing a sandwich from the pork producers and a beer, hitting up the outside exhibits, and then rolling. Out by 2pm, only costs about $50.

Doesn't look like I'll get to go this year, but I'll definitely be taking the family next year.

WAF is considered one of the top art fairs in the region. Guess you're just a simpleton when it comes to culture.

Well, let's just see about some of these claims, Mr. Culture.

About the Woodland Art Fair

https://www.lexingtonky.gov/woodland-art-fair

The fair is an award-winning event:
  • Voted a Top 50 Fine Arts & Design Fair by Sunshine Artist Magazine
  • Named a Top Ten festival by the Kentucky Tourism Council
  • Voted a Top Ten event by the Southeast Tourism Society

Let's break it down.

1. Voted a Top 50 Fine Arts & Design Fair by Sunshine Artist Magazine
http://www.sunshineartist.com/

MEH-Couldn't find any list of top 50 events, I'm sure if you pay enough to list your event, it might make it into the Sunshine Art Magazine.

2. Named a Top Ten festival by the Kentucky Tourism Council

http://www.kentuckytourism.com/articles/top-crafts-festivals-in-kentucky/24/

FALSE- Kentucky is known as one of the top states for hand crafted arts, and it’s also home to many outstanding arts and crafts festivals. Held annually in locations as diverse as Whitesburg, Midway and Louisville, these fairs feature displays by top artisans, demonstrations of crafts techniques, music, and other celebrations of Kentucky culture.

Among the Bluegrass state’s leading arts and crafts festivals on the calendar are; St. James Court Art Show in Louisville; Francisco’s Farm Arts Festival in Midway; Seedtime on the Cumberland in Whitesburg, the Bardstown Arts, Crafts & Antique Fair in Bardstown and the Shaker Village Crafts Fair near Harrodsburg. There are also dozens of smaller festivals throughout the state featuring artisans’ work.

3.Voted a Top Ten event by the Southeast Tourism Society

http://www.travelmediapressroom.com/sts/

FALSE-Did not even make the top 20 cut.

Live Music Schedule (2016)
Saturday, August 20

10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Jessie Laine Powell
11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. Chris Weiss
1 – 2 p.m. Patrick McNeese Band
2:15 – 3:15 p.m. Butch Rice
3:30 – 4:30 p.m. Custom Made Bluegrass
4:45 – 6 p.m. Blue Steel

Can't believe what I missed yesterday. So is "Blue Steel" a Zoolander tribute band? I mean that could be interesting.

Have fun getting your face painted, and picking through a bunch of braided necklaces and other knickknack pieces of junk. Enjoy that rich culture and couture. Yup, moving right up the ranks these days.

Evidently the WAF is the Ryan Lochte of festivals.

Look guy, I don't care whether you are right or wrong. Heck, I hope you are right because that will create some good swings every day instead of just two days a week. But you aren't.

[laughing]

You've missed the point entirely. Good stuff.

I apologize to everyone for even commenting on something you said. Huge mistake that I won't make again. Thanks.

[laughing]

You've missed the point entirely. Good stuff.

I apologize to everyone for even commenting on something you said. Huge mistake that I won't make again. Thanks.
No. Opinions are issued every day. In this specific case they will be issued on a Tuesday or Friday. That was my original point but wasn't specific enough for you I guess.

I guess a lawyer that posts on catpaw would know better than the high powered ones that actually argued the case.

Galen Rupp looks like a future star in the marathon. Only his 2nd attempt at that distance and takes Bronze, and also only a minute or so behind the winner, who has a low 2:03 in his belt.

Only one more Saturday without college football. [cheers]

Gonna be terrible. Will actually be getting darker soon, and cut down "nice little ride" times. Plus, it will be cool & crispy in the morning and pleasant in the evenings. Need it to be steaming hot or I'm miserable. I rarely (err, never) go to the lake or pool, but still want it to be as hot as possible at all times. #anth

97 degrees year round ftw. Wish summer would never end, couldn't give AF about college football and basketball, JMO.

Nice lil ride, family dinner.

Also, Mr Lazy Sunday is hammered and gamboling on shitty horse racing this Sunday. Glad he learned Sunday's finally. You outta invite some close friends over for a nice meal. We're doing fajitas.

Well, let's just see about some of these claims, Mr. Culture.

That's a lot of time you've spent to try and disprove the worth of an event that draws over 60k people in one weekend every year.

Must be a boring day at the lake for Dr Ramboat.

Reactions: UKraziest
That's a lot of time you've spent to try and disprove the worth of an event that draws over 60k people in one weekend every year.

Must be a boring day at the lake for Dr Ramboat.

I'm really more in to relaxing and doing my own thing these days. I mean, I love Cumberland (a nationally ranked top lake), but it's no Crab Island.

But yeah, enjoy your Top Rated (not) regional festival.

Last edited:
Christian Laettner disagrees.

Eh. Laettner was the token collegian on the Dream Team. Laettner can go f*** himself, but his inclusion on the team was for reasons other than basketball pedigree.

(Ant Davis got on the 2012 team under a similar corollary.)

Harrison Barnes suuuuuuuuuuuuucks and brought nothing to this team. How the hell did he end up on the squad?

I'm still shaking chad's head at the makeup of this Olympic squad, gold medal nonetheless.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
Spent the day in Louisville at a visitation, would have much rather been at an art fair.

True. Sorry for your loss.

For anybody who did go, please report back the number of Bernie stickers and people playing PokeMan. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT