ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best compliment I can give Adrian is despite the fact that I can be in total disagreement with him on some stupid hard headed backwards opinion, my man can make me actually lol with his stupid ass posts. He's a great poster for this site and that pains me so much.

I guess the more family friendly to state that would have been to say the WAF is more "family friendly" sorry Sunday GYERO

Harrison Barnes least deserving gold medalist of all time not counting the 1972 Soviets.

Speaking of, Doug Collins is an underrated American badass.

He got waylaid by some Soviet goon in the final seconds of the final Olympic game and slapped his head against the goal stanchion. It was unclear if he was going to be able to shoot the free throws and they were looking for substitutes, but his coach said "If he can walk, Collins is shooting them."

The USA was down.

He canned both free throws with three seconds to go.

The Soviets cheated repeatedly to force a win and he and his teammates refused to accept a silver metal.

That's wheelbarrow sized nuts.

Speaking of, Doug Collins is an underrated American badass.

He got waylaid by some Soviet goon in the final seconds of the final Olympic game and slapped his head against the goal stanchion. It was unclear if he was going to be able to shoot the free throws and they were looking for substitutes, but his coach said "If he can walk, Collins is shooting them."

The USA was down.

He canned both free throws with three seconds to go.

The Soviets cheated repeatedly to force a win and he and his teammates refused to accept a silver metal.

That's wheelbarrow sized nuts.

IIRC, those silver medals still sit in a Swiss bank box. Arguably biggest screw job ever.

And I think all of the team members have put in their wills that their families are not allowed to claim them upon their deaths, apparently the IOC still tries to give them to them.

Reactions: Hankshaker
[roll] @ the Mongolian wrestling coaches stripping in protest over the outcome of a match.

The Mongolian wrestler had a 7-6 lead and backed away from the Uzbeki wrestler with 2 seconds left and started celebrating. The judges awarded a penalty point after the time expired to the Uzbeki for the Mongolian not engaging his opponent at the end. The tie breaker is whoever got the last point.

That's a pretty shitty way to lose the Bronze.

~Vacation last week with the wife and wife's family. A good time was had by all.

~Came home to one of our water heaters not working properly. I just shut it off. The other one is enough for two people to shower. Guess I'll get the plumber out here later this week. Hooray home ownership.

~Did not take today off work, but did not schedule any meetings. Can play catch up all day.

~Getting close to perfect morning weather. I like it to be almost cold in the mornings. Closer to 50 than 60. Small bitch though. Today looks awesome.

~Brother-in-law is housing tobacco now if anyone wants a job. Last time I tried it, about 7 years ago, I hadn't been around it in so long I had no tolerance for it and it made me sick as shit.

~Did read about the 14% drop in UK football season tickets from 2015 last week. Should be plenty of leg room at Commonwealth. What's the overall drop from Stoops' high season ticket sales until this season? I bet it's getting close to 1/3 less. Also the tailgating trailers look like they're on their way to being as successful as The Claw.

giphy.gif

-PTI(pti) was right about one thing, the actual games were great because the athletes are always going to be entertaining. The story lines this year will certainly be the ones we're still talking about decades down the road. With as great as they were the games should never be held in a damn 3rd world country. The fact that even has to be said is ridiculous and just shows how dumb/corrupt the are at the IOC. Attendance was a joke because the people that were supposed to come (Americans) didn't and for a good reason. Most of the major teams had to put restrictions(curfews, trap them in the Village) on where the athletes went and when they returned. Tirico last night gave them a B+(lol) while on air because of the issues outside of the games. Plenty of major cities across the globe to host these things. I'm actually loosely considering Tokyo with G, granted I'm thinking 5 is too young still.

-Just like Summer starts way before the official date, Summer is over :cry:. I actually do lover September and October around here. After April and May my 2 favorite months probably. Close with June July though. Just hate those early sunsets. Weather this week looks WAF.

-Guess it's time to key in on the football team, I've paid no attention to it so far. 50 yard line dinner on Friday. Hopefully it's not the last one for the old ornery red head.

-Fall and deep winter are the times I pack on the lbs that it took me all summer to shave off. So I went ahead and signed up for a trainer. Haven't lifted seriously in 10+ years and just hurt myself last time I tried. Obviously things have changed since then. Been looking to change up the boring routine and I'm committed now.

-Family dinner = Fajitas.

-Campus right now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

-Love finding a shirt or favorite pair of pants that you mistakenly tucked away and had been missing for awhile.

-September = Football, NOLA, Chicago, Tailgating!!

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Attending the Olympics in a foreign locale is a bucket list item for me. That has to be unreal. I'm going to take three weeks off and go to every weird sport and meet everyone who will talk.

Just seems awesome.

Sure as hell would not consider doing it in Rio, though.

-Absolutely the best Olympics, storyline-wise. NBC tried its best to mess it up with mediocre primetime coverage, but in terms of the actual competitions, so many stars were made, and the storylines of Brazil winning soccer/volleyball over the weekend put a nice bow on it.

-Re:NBC, Richard Deitsch write a great column that graded NBC's coverage of the games. Always enjoy reading his stuff about sports media.

-[laughing] at "stare up in appreciation at the sun".

-"Pete's Dragon" was pretty terrific for a family movie. Zero to do with the original other than the fact that the boy's name is Pete and the dragon's name is Elliott.

-Palmetto Cheese FTW.

Yeah, Los Angeles 2024 is a much better call than Tokyo. I went to Atlanta 1996 and had a blast, though I don't think I made it to many events. Hooked up with a girl friend of a girl friend from college, which seemed like the better call at the time. Cool atmosphere all around town tho.

Pretty sure we had a Rio Carnival trip discussion about 10 years ago on a drunken Saturday night. Now we coach baseball, run 100 mile races, atkot. Zika tho...

Rearranged my former dining room/now game room this weekend. Added a 2nd tv for the XBox One/PS3 side by side combo. Tons more space. Tacky, but whatever. The kids like it.

Realized my umbrella/rain shoe game was off point on Saturday, so we upgraded all of that yesterday. Soccer/football season on the sidelines. Got to be prepared. Thanks Amazon!!!

UK Football. Can't wait. Go team. :popcorn:

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Worst Team USA basketball roster since NBA players were allowed in? The options are pretty much 2004 and 2016.

2004:
Iverson
Marbury (whoever okayed that decision should be exiled)
Wade
Boozer (!)
Melo
Lebron
Emeka effing Okafor
Amar'e Stoudemire
Tim Duncan
Odom
Richard Jefferson (!)

2016:
Melo
Harrison effing Barnes
Jimmy Butler (!)
Cousins
Demar Derozan (!)
Durant
George
Balltapper
Irving (!)
Deandre Jordan (I mean, come on)
Kyle Lowry
Klay Thompson

2004 didn't win the gold and actually had Marbury representing the USA in an international event, but I'm not sure I would swap rosters with the dumpster fire that was Team USA 2016.

Hopefully in 2020, we get legitimate elite players to represent the USA.

* Just hold out for the 2024 games when he will be 9 and the games are in LA or Paris. I remember being five and going to some sporting events but not vividly. I can remember every aspect about going to the Atlanta games at 12... specifically, my redneck grandfather having to bury his pistol in some landscaping when he realized there were metal detectors at the Georgia Dome.

* My most annoying pet peeve on air travel -> guy/gal who doesn't follow exit procedure on a plane and just blows over people. Saves you at most 10-15 seconds of life and makes you look like a selfish prick.

* From a non-futbol, that Neymar goal was money. Can't even imagine the pressure on that kick.

* I am in the middle of my annual bullshit justification of UK football getting to six wins. Bad news is the season should be decided before I can even make my first game.

* Congrats to PTI on the Leadville finish!

Reactions: tommyg4uk
-LA Olympics sound terrible to me. I've been there and it's meh. Will be a nightmare to navigate with that traffic and being spread out. He'll be 13 at the following Olympics which would be a perfect age to take him somewhere international.

-LA Olympics sound terrible to me. I've been there and it's meh. Will be a nightmare to navigate with that traffic and being spread out. He'll be 13 at the following Olympics which would be a perfect age to take him somewhere international.

Indeed.

But if it is Paris, I'm all in.

Is there not an official rule (or etiquette) involved on PKs w/ regards to the shooter stopping/starting/pump-faking/etc?

-Made several bets throughout the Olympics and did well -- but LOADED up on the Max play of Over 103.5 US Medals. I know a few others here did as well. 121, shew that was close. #cueitup :fire:

Years off so who knows what will be going on but he'll be alright if he misses a game or 2 for that kind of experience. He's unfortunately been blessed with WS and my athletic ability. Don't think we have to worry about him competing at a high level.

The one I'm looking forward to is starting the baseball stadium rotation. One stadium per year father son guys trip. Know a few guys that do that and it sounds like an awesome idea.

Beautiful shot of practice on this gorgeous fall morning.
Cqd4oCbWEAE6X-E.jpg:large

The Ryder Cup at Bethpage would be a great roadie. The PGA actually starts the playoffs at Bethpage this weekend.

The boarding and exiting of an airplane is one of the more revealing set of circumstances in all of humanity. You can really tell a lot about a person.

Good call on making plans 12 years in advance for international travel. You need to start stacking Chase points now.

Trip back to Louisville and Indianapolis coming up in a few weeks. Will be able to watch the UK/FL football game with a crew of buds. Happens about once per year that I am able to make it- and its always one of my favorite days of the year. Parlay that with the FedEx tourney in Indy and i'm pretty restless already.

Good catching up and drinking a few cheap brews with W&W over the weekend. Met some good folks at our alumni event down here. Listening to some elder BBN members reminisce about their glory days in Lexington is always a good time.

Reactions: woodfordandwater
"Yeah honey, I know we've budgeted and planned for years to be able to take this family bucket list trip. I wanna go to the Olympics as much if not more than you... but Jaxon has JV soccer summer conditioning. We just can't ask him to make that kinda sacrifice."

Worst Team USA basketball roster since NBA players were allowed in? The options are pretty much 2004 and 2016.
Keep in mind that in 2004 that was rookie year LeBron, Melo and Wade, and Larry Brown basically refused to play them because he didn't feel like they were good enough defensively or they didn't "play the right way" or whatever that overrated turd thought.

Head to head, it's tough to go against prime Duncan plus LeBron/Wade, and I'm assuming Larry Brown isn't coaching '04 and it's just squad vs. squad. But under FIBA rules? Give me this year's guys. When you start Iverson and Marbury in the same backcourt in a FIBA tournament, you don't deserve to win.

DeAndre Jordan played well in these games too. There wasn't one stinker from the Jordan/Cousins center combo. Every time one played badly, the other played great.

I'm pretty sure 2020 will be allowed to have Karl Towns since he was just 16 when he played for Dominican Republic. So we'll be fine. He could probably switch anyway. If Serge Ibaka (Congo) and Nikola Mirotic (Montenegro) can play for Spain, why not.

* My most annoying pet peeve on air travel -> guy/gal who doesn't follow exit procedure on a plane and just blows over people. Saves you at most 10-15 seconds of life and makes you look like a selfish prick.

Definitely one of the worst. I get it if you are rushing to a connection because the flight is delayed, but say something like "I'm sorry, i'm going to miss my connection" as you barrel past people.

On the flip side, the people who take 14 minutes to pull down their bag, unzip, redistribute, put their jacket on, then futz with their phone - in the middle of the aisle while everyone is trying to deplane can get pumped as well.

The MVP's of deplaning are the old folks or folks with kids, who just stay in their seats till everyone else is off so they aren't in the way. Always give those folks a wink and the gun.

-Played South Park Saturday -- that's a nice little track. The views/vistas are really cool up there...and over 40 acres of lakes. It's like it was carved through the forest, was impressed. Nothing but all those knobs or whatever when you look all around. In Great shape.

...really fun talking with my host, Bob McGrath. As mentioned previously, he's been an NFL referee since 1999. Prior to that, he worked as both a college football AND basketball official in the Big East before getting the call to the NFL. Imagine someone like that has enough stories to last a lifetime -- had to really force myself to limit my questions, but he seemed to enjoy. Great guy.

-VA already causing problems on our home sale. :weary: #shocker ...saw it coming a mile away.

(anyone have any basement waterproofing companies they work with/recommend?)

-Stranger Things finally getting a little more interesting -- 2 to go.

-Congrats to PTI(pti). That's just insane.

-Comeback Inn delivered as always -- such a cozy little place, definitely more of a winter spot.

-Had my first 2 Oktoberfests of the season over the weekend....Goose and Sierra Nevada -- really didn't care for either. Budweiser delivered, though.

/early

Reactions: parrott
Superlurker just had her basement waterproofed, BBdK. The company works in both Louisville and Lex, I think. Maybe she will make her first ever post and recommend them. Or maybe she'll text you.

^ thanks. Ours is about a 500 sq foot concrete dungeon. 6' ceilings, not finishable. Were aware of the issue, but VA lets nothing slide -- doesn't even allow seller concessions, which sucks.

Never liked Melo as a player all that much, but these Olympics have me coming around on him...seems like a genuine good dude -- Easy to forget how damn good he is as an individual (offensive) basketball player.

Plus, he worships representing USA. Hard to be mad at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT