ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even the hardest of hip hop heads/wannabe gangstas can hate on Ja Rule's run back in the day. Hit after Hit after Hit. I can't hear one of those jams without nostalgic college flashbacks, so he's forever good with me. #7Aurelius

It was one album. Yes,'it was a good run, but he turned R&B extacy weirdo real quick and got that Ashanti money. He admits this.

Idk, it's comparable to something today...he obviously paved the way for drake, except Ja rules name was absolute dirt. He was a joke at the end of the R&B run, and I think it's because people didn't know he created Ashanti and was the master behind all that, which is impressive as hell, but not hip hop. At all. He's a punk ass business man from the irv gotti/dame dash school of fu**ery.

You were 10 years old. I was grinding on hoes at Two Keys and Varsity Poon.

He had 4 albums in 3 years (99-02), 2 triple platinum...and one platinum during the time I'm referencing. Several other loosies and stuff from all those Murder INC posse projects/soundtracks. Ja Rule is a little wussy weirdo, but his 2-3 year run is undeniable, is all I'm saying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja_Rule#The_Last_Temptation_.282002.29

Can say the same thing about Nelly -- I'm sure you're too hard for him too. [eyeroll]

Last edited:
You can't ignore the genius of the lyric "I got a fetish for f***in' you with a skirt on"

You were 10 years old. I was grinding on hoes at Two Keys and Varsity Poon.

He had 4 albums in 3 years (99-02), 2 triple platinum...and one platinum during the time I'm referencing. Several other loosies and stuff from all those Murder INC posse projects/soundtracks. Ja Rule is a little wussy weirdo, but his 2-3 year run is undeniable, is all I'm saying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja_Rule#The_Last_Temptation_.282002.29

Can say the same thing about Nelly -- I'm sure you're too hard for him too. [eyeroll]

Lmaooooo

Anth cosigns your "hip hop" takes, tbh.

That's fine. You're a drake fan. I get it.

The deification of American troops is a huge annoyance of mine. If you say anything even remotely critical of anyone who has ever served in any branch of the military, then you (a) aren't patriotic, and (b) are an asshole.

It's bullshit. Being in the military doesn't automatically make you a hero, and it certainly doesn't make you infallible.

*This post was not directed at Doc, it was directed to people like UKO.

*Although I will say Doc's constant bragging about being in danger is very weird, and not something I really understand. He's like a school girl fishing for compliments.

Always enjoyed listening to homeboy who came in on the last verse of Lil Troy's Wanna Be A Baller joint.

I don't know if you even call it a verse. Dude was speaking some Deep South slang shit that would make a young Juvie blush.

Reactions: tfields01 and wcc31
I give Ursch lots of well deserved shit. Lots... and it's very well deserved. However, Leadville is straight badass. Just glad he's doing a cool race rather than some Monkey's Eyebrow Ultra with 4 other people. Other than Badwater it's pretty much the pinnacle of distance races. Glad he's doing this trip right and certainly jealous of his 4 week Colorado vacation.

DrX reminds me of this guy.
134_5.jpg

80 reminds me of this guy.

723D8A55-047C-4545-AA21-7B792E8D0AE4_zps5keul5wo.jpeg

Yup, single and loaded. Plus those crazy endurance races are all over the place in great destinations. Hopefully he figures it out and stops running weird ones.

I find it interesting how Anth's narrative on Pti has so dramatically changed. He's gone from "you need to get married, quit being so cheap, get serious about life" to now singing his praises...

It's like Pti won.

Honest question: is Bowling Green even Wildcat Country? Guess I just sort of took it for granted that Kayts were still #1 here.

Yes.

However, WKU has exploded in size in last ten years. Campus renovations, etc. and they're developing a new sense of pride with football being D1 now.

A lot of local businesses trying to cater to the WKU crowd now that there's so many more undergrads on campus and post grads sticking around.

But it is still overwhelmingly Wildcat Country.

@DeKnockt - skip this post.

Ten 80s movies that your forgot about but were kind of awesome as a kid:
  1. The Gate
  2. My Science Project
  3. The Wraith
  4. 3 O'Clock High
  5. The Last Starfighter
  6. The Legend of Billie Jean
  7. Gleaming the Cube
  8. Space Camp
  9. Fandango
  10. Tango & Cash