ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been to the Eiffel Tower but I know all about Big Ben. Nickname for my giant baloney pony. Used to wax a girl over on Kentucky Avenue that would ask what time it was. Used to tell her to check out Big Ben. Would flash her my gut wrench and that'd be all she wrote. Think she's hooked on heroin these days. Glad I avoided that mess.

Never been to the Eiffel Tower but I know all about Big Ben. Nickname for my giant baloney pony. Used to wax a girl over on Kentucky Avenue that would ask what time it was. Used to tell her to check out Big Ben. Would flash her my gut wrench and that'd be all she wrote. Think she's hooked on heroin these days. Glad I avoided that mess.
:fire::clap::fistbump:

Ashton Eaton's wife is dope as hell. Well done sir.

Oh and we'll done on that second straight decathlon gold.

So that Semenya runner got a ding-a-ling or nah?

Apparently. She had to get an exemption to be allowed to run and apparently had to take hormones to lower her testosterone level. Some other chick from India has the same genetic issue. There was an article about them on Runner's World earlier this month.

She's got balls.

Imagine how fast Bolt would run if he was ever actually challenged and didn't pull up in the last 10 meters.

Yup. War sucks.

The NY Times has a video up with an interview with the guy who took the footage. He was basically like, "Yup, see it everyday. Happens all the time. Maybe you f***ers should stop bombing randomly if this bothers you."

Good Lord. I can't even imagine living like that. Imagine randomly hearing a huge boom in the middle of night and having to go dig your neighbor's kids out of rubble.

Reactions: sinker16
Yup, dealing with bombs and shells falling on you 24/7 does in fact suck.

I speak from a position of knowledge.

Reactions: cawoodsct
everyone needs to see it.

Yes.

Not to get political, but it is really easy to ignore news report about "collateral damage" in drone strikes, etc. and not think about the ramifications.

Little dude is, statistically, "collateral damage".

Just utterly awful.

The picture is bad enough but watching the full video just tears your heart out. He is just in shock. Just sits there and wipes the blood off his face.

Reactions: BristolCat
Yes, I was involved under different circumstances. Death is death though. It's all terrible.

Lol, they broke a Subway plastic bathroom sign. That was the extent of the damage. They also offered $50 to the men holding with guns but they ended up surrendering over $400. And we're the ones apologizing to Brazil? They blew this thing up and so be it. Lochte and these idiot Brazilian police are made for each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Chase_
You should make your wife watch that kid. She's probably not calibrated to take it in because she was sheltered by her mom who had been sheltered by her old man who saw the tragedy of WWII in the flesh (I know my mom and friends' moms are like this). It's led to a citizenry with their head in the clouds who can't comprehend how the world works, imo.

Get real, America. We only have 30-40 years left of naval superiority over China and India. Then it's going to get real again.

The rest of the world pretty much sucks dick, imo. I was way out in front on this:

I've traveled a bit and never came home thinking, "Man the US sucks. I'd rather be an old foreigner in that country I just visited."

- Team PTI on the Olympics. Yeah, shit has happened...but nothing like a GD BOMB going off by an anti abortion nut case, then defaming a security guard who actually saved lives.

Still pisses off because Chicago SHOULD have these Olympics and the IOC was paid off.

- How does this surprise any of you with UKAlum10? He spent his senior year at UK chasing some cougar...now he's in his prime of his young professional career and is chasing a mom with her live in kid's father. Ha. Lost cause.

- Nothern Michigan is beautiful and whatnot...but it gets goddamn boring during the week. Even Nebraska had shit to do M-Th.

- Smoke show on Naked and Afraid right now. She's 15 days in and still cute.

Lol, they broke a Subway plastic bathroom sign. That was the extent of the damage. They also offered $50 to the men holding with guns but they ended up surrendering over $400. And we're the ones apologizing to Brazil? They blew this thing up and so be it. Lochte and these idiot Brazilian police are made for each other.

And it was announced this morning that the other one that did the deposition in addition to Lochte, reached a plea bargain and will have to pay a $35K fine in Brazil, which translates to about $10K USD.

Reactions: Mashburned
Maybe most narcissistic take in GYERO history and that's really saying something.

Going to stick up for Bob here. He's seen things most of couldn't imagine in our worst nightmares. You remember when we talked last week about playing football...it takes a different kind of kid? Well when you talk about military service, you multiply that "different kind of kid" quotient by about 100. They just don't operate on the same plane as we do...and that's probably a good thing. And as a doctor, he's even that much more numb to things that bother the rest of us. Doesn't make him heartless at all. It's part of what makes him tick and do the jobs that none of us want to do.

:americanflag:

Wetzel's take doesn't seem to jive with the greater GYERO narrative. I assume he's not in Rio like Anth, Chase and company.
Per usual he wrote that prior to the facts coming out. Again Lochte is an idiot but Brazil is s well. They did in fact get shook down at gun point for 400. Seem to be glazing over that point, brah.

Actually, DeCoursy is a better writer and nails it.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT