ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upset of the week - Bluegrass airport > Standiford field.

Park, check bag and get through TSA in less time than it takes the doc to make a shitty humble brag post.

Free wifi with no time limit like SDF --> Huge [banana]

Clean and construction free w/ a side of Hall & Oates over the loud speaker :100points:.

Only one bar after the terminal gate but seeing as there's 3 people here, doesn't effect service.

Net/net = Sun shines on a dogs ass from time to time. Props to Lexington for getting something right. Feel free to turn your attention to hole now.

See SAEs post. Looking at that picture started a ton of emotions. None of which included popping my collar or one upping the little guy. I don't think any of us can relate specifically ones that grew up on Lakeside.

Not really sure how this makes me narcissistic. I said being bombed sucks. Not really sure that's even debatable.

And yes I can relate because I've been there, have had my bell rung by blasts, and have taken care of civilian kids that looked like that one in the picture. Shell shocked with a thousand yard stare. It's terrible.

So Get pumped and have a nice day, pussy boy.

SDF needs more/different stuff for sure, and they are renovating it right now (Coals replacing Pizza Hut, ftw) -- but it takes about 10 minutes to get from the curb to your gate 90% of the time, hard to complain about the place. It's simple and clean.

The fact some airports and hotels don't offer free wifi at this point is a complete joke though, for sure.

Feel free to turn your attention to hole now.

"I do everyday."

Sincerely,
1bite.jpg

It doesn't matter if some drunk swimmers were treated badly by cops after pissng on a gas station and vandalizing its bathroom.

The point is, many of you were acting like none of the venues were going to be done on time, people were going to die if they touched the water, everybody was going to get zika and terrorists and drug cartels were going to gun people down left and right. It was going to be an absolute disaster.

That didn't happen. The games went on and were magnificent.

Yeah, a pool changed color, there was a garbage fire and I'm sure a couple of sportswriters had to wait too long for a cab, but all in all it was a success and PTI was right.

how does Naked & Afraid still apparently do great ratings & still on TV? are spankers that desperate to sit there for an hour in hopes a blur is misplaced & they get a nip shot?

Reactions: drxman1
Gyero should be proud of Lochte. Clearly he made up much of his story probably to appease his girlfriend or mother who in turn freak out and tell the media Lochte was held up and robbed. Story breaks, Brazil officials go nuts and everyone starts questioning Lochte about it. Does he come clean and say what really happened? Nah. In true gyero fashion he doubles down on his story and goes all in. You guys do it on a message board, Lochte does it with an international incident. Amateurs.

Reactions: sinker16
- Just boarded plane for Asheville, NC for bachelor party. Lotta crafties on tap for the weekend.

Call last night, got to sleep.

So feeling great, strut up to the Harpoon tap room right next to my gate...and it's not open til 9. Big ::roll eyes:: on that one. Forced to grab coffee and my go to, PB M&M, the undisputed king of snacks IMO.

-LEX is small as hell but like Bonzo said, you can be to your gate in 5-6 minutes. I've never seen more than 5-6 people in the TSA line. So much I feel guilty going to Pre. Louisville airport has REALLY REALLY good draft beer though. IIRC LEX only has the shitty Altech stuff.

-Wetzel is great, he just wrote that before all the evidence actually came out because you know... the shady ass Rio police were doing everything in their power to make themselves into victims. More than 5 minutes of deleted video, bribe paid at gun point, pulled 2 guys off an International flight that weren't charged, fined them 11k, etc. They just proved everything the world was saying is absolutely true.

Now we have athletes who are actually getting robbed but too afraid to come out and say anything about it. Again, Lochte and those dumbasses deserve each other. I say we send Solo and Lochte back to Brazil and they can do whatever they like with em.

-Willy left out the 5+ robberies, a couple of shootings and 2 deaths. Convenient. I don't think anyone expected that and I also wouldn't be so quick to judge on those illnesses. This sucker ain't over yet. Going to be hard pressed to go back and find anyone predicting real doom and gloom. More Benny Hill than world end.

-That being said, I'd really like to check that part of the world out. Galapagos has always been way up there on the bucket list. Heard nothing but great things on Argentina and Chile.

-My grandfather served in The Battle of the Bulge and a few other really dirty fights towards the end. Yet we didn't hear anything about his time over there unless we pried it out of him OR when we rummaged through his stuff after he passed. I appreciate Bob's time there, sure as hell glad it wasn't me over in Iraq, I just don't understand how looking at that picture could generate that follow up.

-You fall weather balls should be flat in heaven next week. Low's in the 50's. Highs in the 78-80 range. Noticed last night on my ride the sun was really close to setting by 8:15. No sir, I am not a fan.

-"Last Chance U" maybe I'm getting a little bullish on it. Through the 5th episode it's struggling to keep my attention. I am amazed that a community college has homecoming court. I had no idea. Also, very impressed that a referee punch a coach, you know they have that urge all the time and just have to deal with it.

Last Chance U isn't anything groundbreaking but if you're a sucker for the "follow a sports team around for a season" books/docs like I am, it's a good watch and especially great timing in August as we lust for football season.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
You voluntarily went into a warzone in a sovereign nation and were compensated well to do it, drx.

Yes...he voluntarily went into a war zone...something I can't even fathom, nor can anyone who didn't serve. And whatever he was compensated wasn't nearly enough, imo. He can be as narcissistic as he damn well pleases and I will just say thank you to him and others who put their life in harm's way for this country....you can rest assured that the current administration nor that of the hosebeast liar Hillary are doing that. Sappy?...perhaps, but frankly, I don't give a damn.

Poking fun at the doc for his personal stuff is gyero....commenting about anything related to days in the sand are out of line unless it is thank you.

awww omg I'm so hurt for them. Oh man that's hard to look at. Do y'all understand how sympathetic and sorry I am, I hope you do. My heart truly goes out to them so sad omg please RT xoxoxo

Reactions: Joey Rupption
DeCourcy may actually be on the right side of this on but he is certainly not a better writer than Wetzel, and that's even with me souring on Dan over the past few years. He's definitely turning into a bitch, IMO.

- WTG, Adam. Your pretentious take from a stupid PTA meeting will have created more bullshit mocks than we could ever have imagined. Thanks, bruh.

-That little kid in shell shock was the most heartbreaking clip I've seen in sometime. The scary thing is that images like that are frequent occurrences over there. A buddy of mine that served time in the Peace Corps said that history will likely note this as the "moral failure of our time"... and I fear he's right. We're failing.

- Japan trip booked. Will only end up missing the Bama game so that's a plus, I guess? Absolutely geeked but the jet lag scares me. I see it on my coworker's faces every time they come back - shit is real.

- Dorian Baker is still my fav player, IDGAF. Love that guy. Lamar better not let him dog it and take plays off, doh. We have the depth where he won't be able to get away w/ that ish.

Reactions: wcc31
-LEX is small as hell but like Bonzo said, you can be to your gate in 5-6 minutes. I've never seen more than 5-6 people in the TSA line. So much I feel guilty going to Pre. Louisville airport has REALLY REALLY good draft beer though. IIRC LEX only has the shitty Altech stuff.

No, if you go down to that shitty little Mexican place down by the Delta gates, they have a few more things. I mean I think it's Dos Equis, Pacifico, Negro Modelo and a few domestics, but if you want something besides Alltech beers its helpful.

Basically, @B.B.d.K. They are in the ag business, selling animal feed. The beer just kind of started as a side project. Their feed / animal nutrition business is huge. They do plan to grow their brewery and related services though.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
A buddy of mine that served time in the Peace Corps said that history will likely note this as the "moral failure of our time"... and I fear he's right. We're failing.
What are the odds that a guy in the peace corps' stint just happened to nearly line up with the moral failure of our times. Wow.

I'd put up the 600-800,000 children in worldwide sex trafficking (yearly) as a close second. But I'm not in the Peace Corps sorting recycled batteries in Djibouti, so what would I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT