ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not rooting for Lochte, etc. If they were in Bumtouch, KY I'd say charge them with the appropriate misdemeanor (at least the ones that actually made a false report- not the two that didn't b/c laws) and move on.

What I'm rooting against is another country keeping foreign citizens detained for no reason. In this country, most STATES won't extradite to another state for a misdemeanor. But apparently Brazil feels strongly enough about detaining two guys who, again, AREN'T EVEN ALLEGED TO BE THE ONES WHO COMMITTED A MISDEMEANOR OR ANYTHING REALLY.

ototh send the whole squad to a Turkish prison, I guess

For no reason?

So if 4 Brazilians committed a crime (and potentially a felony), we'd happily let them just stroll on out of the country like nothing happened?

"we've got video of you beating a door down, smashing a security guards face in, and you falsified a police report....

.....welp, enjoy the airport Chilis and duty free store. Keep your phone handy just in case!"

-Lochte is just missing the "least likable American" title because of Hope Solo. Dude is ridiculously dumb.

-Again, regardless of how this turns out PTI was wrong, which I find hilarious, but at this point not surprising. Is that dude ever right about anything? Does anyone distort the truth more? I think not. No amount of spaces or emoticons can save you.

-Stand by my assertion that I would rather have Friday off than Monday, at least in my job. Missing a Monday always leads to either me being drawn in or dealing with a ton of BS when I get back.

-Elite triathletes look like cancer patients. It's really freaky.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds
For no reason?

So if 4 Brazilians committed a crime (and potentially a felony), we'd happily let them just stroll on out of the country like nothing happened?

"we've got video of you beating a door down, smashing a security guards face in, and you falsified a police report....

.....welp, enjoy the airport Chilis and duty free store. Keep your phone handy just in case!"
No- if foreign nationals are charged with a felony they're detained here and face charges.

The warrant that was issued was for "making inconsistent statements about an alleged robbery". This stuff about the gas station fight came out after.

If the original warrant had been "you 4 Americans beat up a clerk and trashed a gas station, stay here" that would have been fine. But it wasn't. I mean it probably followed Brazil's version of due process but still.

I'm all for throwing Lochte in a Turkish prison if the gas station fight, etc. version is true. Just follow due process.

-Again, regardless of how this turns out PTI was wrong, which I find hilarious, but at this point not surprising. Is that dude ever right about anything? Does anyone distort the truth more? I think not. No amount of spaces or emoticons can save you..

Please explain. I've said from the very beginning their story appears to be bunk. I was 100% correct.

I've also said from the beginning that the actual Olympics would be awesome. They always are. And Rio would do a great job of hosting. That all the nonsense was overblown and sensationalized. Your proof to the contrary is that 4 idiot Americans got drunk and made fools of themselves? Interesting.

No my proof is the other 6 robberies, the Brits telling their people not to leave the village and instilling a curfew, a russian diplomat killing a guy, 2 murders under the stadium, the Media bus being shot up, bullets from a gang fight hitting the equestrian media booth, the pool turning disgusting green, the mountain bike course literally turning into a garbage fire, the Australians being robbed, 2 of our athletes being pulled off a flight, arrested and detained for a misdemeanor, etc etc etc.

Lochte is an idiot. I've said that even before this happened. Doesn't surprise me at all. Neither does how dense you are.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Is breaking down a door to a gas station bathroom considered a terrorist attack in Brazil? If so then dragging someone off a plane is an appropriate response.

Did Lochte actually file a police report? I thought the cops started investigating it because it came out to the media.

Also, according to the cops the swimmers broke a bathroom door that was locked, were confronted by a security guard and the gas station manager, the gas station manager demanded they pay for the door, and they gave them money and left.

And now a Great Britain team member is claiming they were robbed at gunpoint last night.

You're being intentionally dense if you truly believe Rio has done "a great job of hosting."

Could a 'Return to Paradise' scenario be playing out in front of us? It's a crazy thought but they are dealing with a third world country.

From a BBC article:

The swimmers do not report the incident to police or to the USOC, and officers in Rio only get involved after seeing it reported on TV.

So they actually didn't even file a police report at all, which makes it even more preposterous that they would attempt to detain them.

For all the shit we give Russian and African countries for being so shady and corrupt, South America really seems to be the clear leader. Venezuela is a complete disaster, Columbia had a cocaine dealer running for president, Brazil is a complete mess. Such a shame because its such a beautiful part of the world with beautiful people. Some of the most pristine beaches in the world and great food and culture. Me and my brother went on a Brazil/Argentina vacation about 6 years ago and Buenos Aires was one of the best cities we've been too. Its amazing how quickly it has corrupted and gone downhill, was on the up and coming back then with a lot of positivity towards the future.

Think Willy should have mixed in a little corned beef in his meatloaf - slather some thousand island on that sucker and it would have been a hit.

Mondays are much better to have off because everyone is half checked out on Friday anyway. Having to avoid everyone in miserable moods on Monday is worth it alone. Plus if you need to run errands customer service in general is better because people aren't drained from the week.

I'm shocked there are pick-pocketers in a large city in South America. Let's talk about it on GYERO for a month.
Not sure anyone is shocked at there being pickpockets. I think it was a bit alarming that in one of the areas of the highest volume of Olympic visitors, there were thieves openly just taking items out of peoples hands and stealing in broad daylight while no authoritative presence at all tried to prevent it from happening or address it in any way when it did happen.

For all the shit we give Russian and African countries for being so shady and corrupt, South America really seems to be the clear leader.
huh? I'd still today spend the rest of my life anywhere in S. America than a day anywhere in Africa. crazy islamists, largest desert in the world, uncharted jungles, child soldiers, blood diamonds, virtually no democracy or free societies, famines, plagues.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
-I like how PTI points to other Olympics as evidence nothing ever happens. You know other than a few terrorist issues, systematic government sponsored doping programs, the launch of the Nazi Party, several national bans and/or protests. He acts like the Olympics go off without a hitch every single time when in reality it's a hugely corrupt agency dealing with a lot of cheating athletes.

I do agree it's still somehow very entertaining, probably because NBC has billions tied up in advertising guarantees.

-Chad would know all about the safety of other countries and continents. Now that he's been to Boston... man, look out.

I tore up the doors to several shitters when I was in Rio. It's the "in" thing to do and no big deal imo.

Also, no matter what happens, Rio remains a 99% dump of a city and I would recommend not going. Even Christ the Redeemer hates being there.

New subject other than Rio. Please.

Slice or Bag... Classes are starting back up. Surely you have some tails.

Or how about this...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT