ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
- I'm a summerhead but this summer has sucked. Don't have have the stats but feel like it's rained 75% of the days of the week every week. There's been maybe 3 instances where I've been able to keep my patio furniture out for more than 2 days straight without covering it up.

Maybe we'll have an Indian Summer.

- San Diego next Saturday for 7 days. I'd be excited about any vacation but really excited about this one bc I've never been to Southern California. Going to slit up the trip btw sight seeing ( La Jolla, Coronado, Zoo, Naval Base, Downtown) and lounging around the resort. Think GYERO's own Dennis Reynolds and his lass are staying at the same resort for a few days which is an added bonus.

- Despite the fact that I'm very guarded about Kentucky Football I still keep imagining that feeling you get when walking up to Commonwealth for the 1st game, slugging down that last frosty before walking through the gate, and making your way to your seats. You hear the band playing, Carl got damn Nathe's voice coming through the loudspeakers, there's a rush to get to your seat before kickoff.....

I mean, I like Freddie Maggard, but man he tries too hard.

"I believe the offense will average 32.7 points per game this year."

"Game-day will show if actuality will meet intent."

"A portion of the BBN is in a holding pattern while showing caution to optimism. Understandable."

I'm not entirely clear on what he's saying half the time, and it's not because of any football terminology he uses. It's because of his use of the English language. Just write like you talk, my man. And boy is he a sunshine pumper.

"In today’s “play me now” mentality, post-camp attrition is common across the country. If this occurs at UK, then it can only be taken as a positive."

I agree! I hope everybody transfers because if they do that means we'll be really good!

- Despite the fact that I'm very guarded about Kentucky Football I still keep imagining that feeling you get when walking up to Commonwealth for the 1st game, slugging down that last frosty before walking through the gate, and making your way to your seats. You hear the band playing, Carl got damn Nathe's voice coming through the loudspeakers, there's a rush to get to your seat before kickoff.....

Kentucky football- Where you better enjoy the walk in cause the walk out in the 3rd quarter sucks.

What happened to Rob?
giphy.gif

BBdK and some of you other yokels probably aren't aware of this trend, but it's becoming increasingly popular for urban professionals such as PTI and myself to go carless. It's more environmentally-friendly and allows one to break free from the shackles of Big Oil. In fact, I'm seriously considering selling my car. With the upcoming launch of the Cincinnati Street Car and the emergence the share economy with apps like Uber, it's a tad redundant. Most young urban professionals feel foolish even having one at this point. I predict Cincinnati will be car-free by 2025.

I'm 1,294 miles from home right now. Get back Sunday late. Will buy one in the first couple days back.

Get ready, it's going to be hysterical. Late model Accord/Civic/Corolla/Camry/etc. Just totally off the hook.

Reactions: wcc31
3 weeks in & kroger clicklist is touching awesome. praying they dont drop it, kinda worried that the parking spots are always dead touching empty when I swing by.

did that moron Lochte fake a robbery to get TV time & make up for his permanent Phelps shadow dwelling status?

Jim Rome had the nuts to attack Harbaugh? stop listening to the guy 15 years ago when he dropped his Chris Everett/Chuckles the Clown act for being a complete jock sniffing ass kissing suckup. guess Khaki blew his interview requests off too many times.

"Can't Make The Club In The Tub!!!"
[eyeroll]

Dawson isn't a scapegoat, the blame ultimately lands with the guy that hired him in the first place. #StoopsTroops

No doubt, MaxPowerr.

All in the past, however. Pretty excited about Gran and what they'll be able to do with Barker, assuming he's really transformed. Already feeling some upward pressure on my dire 4-8 prediction from just a couple weeks ago.

So, the process is working. Already worn my shirt twice. Yearbook is procured/flipped through. Think my next step is to throw the K flag up this weekend. If I randomly fire up "Cat Scratch Fever" in the car in the next two weeks I'll know I'm back. Got to play it cool, though.

What is the 1 current SEC team UK football owns a winning record against? By the way our winning % is .307 against SEC teams all time.

Last edited:
Everything was a toilet last year. If the stadium had been swallowed up by the earth at the end of the season, I think I would've been ok with it.

Gyero is sneaky good on Saturdays during college football season. Typically at night but most Saturdays during football are good days to read gyero.

Pretty clear that Stoops likes to play a very boring style of offense. He doesn't trust his overmatched receivers, and would rather methodically pound the ball up the middle than risk throwing it to his MAC caliber wideouts. Run the ball primarily, and let the receivers serve as decoys and blockers.

You should be very familiar with this, actually.

My daughter's friend at UK just moved back to Lex from DC for her soph year. Said that "slug" ridesharing is big there. http://www.slug-lines.com/slugging/About_Slugging.asp

People gather in certain areas / parking lots, and random strangers come by and pick them up to ride into DC together.

Advantage for the driver is they get the HOV lane when they otherwise wouldn't.

She says there is a certain etiquette, i.e., nobody speaks except to say hello or give directions.

Still, there is absolutely No Effing Way I would want some stranger riding with me first thing am (or really anytime for that matter. But especially not early am).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT