ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else blackout last night and was too drunk to tell the cab driver where they were staying?

I mean, besides anth?

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Looks like I found my new nemesis on Star Wars: Battlefront. Sounds like the type of guy who hangs out with my old nemesis, PhatBluntz69WORLDSTAR

-Had my first job in 2 years go sideways........never knew asking my employer for a $6000 check to fix a problem in Texas would be so fun. Talk about pissing some self important people off.

-So Arod retired, but not officially, so Miami can sign him to a league min $250K contract while NY pays him 54M until next Christmas. Seems like the players union is a lot better at negotiations than the owners.

-Lunch at the Potbelly sandwich spot in Jtown today. $13.90 for and Italian sandwich, a bag of chips and a tea. I like different places but I get that for $9 at jimmy john's......and a whole lot faster! The owner was cool though.

-Insurance folks.....my buddy sold out of his agency and somehow partnered with a group that targets dealerships. Was talking about what a sick concept it was because it's built in leads(at his dealership he gets 425 a month which is cars sold on avg). So my question is, where is the flaw? If there isn't one why haven't more people caught on to this?

-
-Lunch at the Potbelly sandwich spot in Jtown today. $13.90 for and Italian sandwich, a bag of chips and a tea. I like different places but I get that for $9 at jimmy john's......and a whole lot faster! The owner was cool though.

o_O Pot Belly subs are $4.90. Chips are a $1.10. Been eating there for 5 years.

Never had a Pot Belly (lololol, the restaurant, not personally) . Went in, and thought the menu was pretty limited.

Had Firehouse once...appreciate the steam, but sandwich came out 'wet'.

Gimme the uber chains Jersey Mikes for HOT, JJ for cold. Actually, Lenny's Monster Philly is up there with my punishment meals. Good shit.

I really missed Jersey Mike's during the 8-10 years it was not in town. Use them for lunches a lot. Nice change of pace from JJs. Still miss Stanley J's, though.

-Insurance folks.....my buddy sold out of his agency and somehow partnered with a group that targets dealerships. Was talking about what a sick concept it was because it's built in leads(at his dealership he gets 425 a month which is cars sold on avg). So my question is, where is the flaw? If there isn't one why haven't more people caught on to this?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the first thing that jumps out to me is that most people don't get their car insurance from a car dealership. Probably 95% of those people aren't buying their first car and already have an established relationship with an agency. And the ones who are buying their first car will likely (a) go with who their parents have, and (b) buy a minimum limits policy. Again, not 100% sure I was following you there, so...

Even if it were a $7 sub, chips and drink don't cost $6.

You spent $14 for a $7 meal. You obviously got screwed. Pay attention next time.

Boom! We agree which is exactly what I was saying I pay at jimmy johns.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the first thing that jumps out to me is that most people don't get their car insurance from a car dealership. Probably 95% of those people aren't buying their first car and already have an established relationship with an agency. And the ones who are buying their first car will likely (a) go with who their parents have, and (b) buy a minimum limits policy. Again, not 100% sure I was following you there, so...

I get that, and seemingly this addresses exactly what I was wondering. Essentially the group targets dealerships and literally puts and insurance agent in house to quote insurance as people buy a car. Most people are willing to get a quote and if it's less, which in most cases it will be since prices always go up if you never price shop, then they switch on the spot.

The old saying of too good to be true seems to fit the model but I couldn't explain it. Of course every hole I tried to poke in the model he had an answer for anyway.

I guess it could work in theory, but I think practically speaking it wouldn't work worth a shit. If you run it through a cheap lot you're going to get solely minimum limit policies, subsequent non-payment cancellations, and commission chargebacks. Run it through a luxury lot and customers are going to tell you "piss off I'm happy where I'm at."

JMO.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Anybody know or have heard of Mark Morgan? He is a new guy on college sports 84 on SXM....and a UK grad. Not sure exactly when he will be on though.

Pretty loose definition of UK Legend.

Cal-Softball-Classic-Flyer-No-PC.jpg

Also featuring UK legends: Steven Masiello, Bobby Perry, Morgan Newton, @Oh_Boyd, and Saul Smith

All those sub places are good (jersey mikes, Lennys being my favorites), basically the key is hot pepper relish or cherry peppers.

Nice little day off. Ran some errands, crushed some sushi, saw Suicide Squad...was better than I expected, that Margot Robbie...Shew.

Having a little wine tasting tonight. No standing invites or stupid rituals. Totally agree with Adrian, aside for the few special events, standing plans are the suck. There's a handful of people I could stand to see all the time. A very small few.

Client of mine invited me to Jumbo Buffet tonight...his treat!!!!! We CRUSHED it. And I must say that it was a terrible idea.

:flush:

Watched the Netflix Tony Robbins documentary...he charges 5k for a week long seminar???

Was at Von's (grocery chain) tonight and saw a young Vietnamese guy load up his cart with Libby's Vienna Sausage cans. Maybe that's their target demographic?

Reactions: Mashburned
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT