ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
AirBnB House manager and tenants: Heyyyy dude, wanna hit this bong and watch a flick?

Pti(pti): Love to, but going for a little run 100 mile run. See you in 24 hours or so, unless I PR.

-AirBnB is awesome, I'm 3-3 on perfect experiences with that site.

I'm staying in an apartment off AirBnB right now. The owner is the house under my apartment...awesome experience so far.

I pulled up last Sunday after driving 16 hours from NC, they have a beer waiting for me and a bonfire going.

Couldn't ask for better people. They leave me home cooked meals every night, have taken me to all these cool local lake spots, and always have a bonfire and beer waiting in the evening when I get home.

Charging next to nothing too. Big fan of AirBnB.

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
I'm staying in an apartment off AirBnB right now. The owner is the house under my apartment...awesome experience so far.

I pulled up last Sunday after driving 16 hours from NC, they have a beer waiting for me and a bonfire going.

Couldn't ask for better people. They leave me home cooked meals every night, have taken me to all these cool local lake spots, and always have a bonfire and beer waiting in the evening when I get home.

Charging next to nothing too. Big fan of AirBnB.

Have seen this scenario on Dateline before. Cue Keith Morrison.

Sunday morning sports whatever is 1000 times better without anthony white. Good background while you CRUSH your Sunday morning. Tried the KSR football pod didn't last 5 minutes that was awful, someone needs to structure/lead that thing.

I got that stupid football feeling just ready for fall liquored up Friday night full of UK football optimism. Tuscaloosa booked. Headed out now for my catpaw yearbook.

If you crush your fall home game Sunday morning, you aren't a proper UK Fooball fan.

The secret saving grace is really that built-in excuse to have that "hungover, shades drawn, fast food breakfast + afternoon pizza" day with no shame.

Sometimes, a self-loathing hungover Sunday is really a great thing. UK Football provides this luxury 4-5 times per year minimum, in most cases.

I spent $300, drove 3 hours round trip (half of which was miserable and hungover), boarded my dogs/hired a babysitter, and slept on a couch or paid an overpriced Lexington hotel...for THAT? And I have to work tomorrow? I deserve to be a loser today, all day in fact.. I touching earned it. Papa's in the house! #FallSundays

Last edited:
Traverse is a cool town, would never live here long term...but this is pretty much the perfect time to spend a few months up here. I'm out before the election.

Nebraska had some cool things going for it. Lincoln was about as good of a college town as it gets and Omaha with the college World Series and whatnot was a good time.

Traverse is more of a resort community.

Now Arkansas...that place can get pumped.

Anyway, these first few years I have to do my time in these little spots. Kind of cool seeing/living in places of America I never normally would see.

Not all of us can live in the thriving metropolis that is Lexington.

Say what you want but I had to drag you 3 assholes out of bed after 1:00p in Columbus after 12 hours of drinking the day before and was fine both days. Honestly if I'm asleep before 1a then I'm manageable the next day. Mainly because I'm not a pussy.

However, yes. Anytime I drink I down at least a 1/2 of a coconut water before bed. If not available I chug tap water. Been a long long time since I was just miserable hungover. Hoping next month in NOLA is a reminder of how old I am.

-Bolt. Biles. Phelps. Ledecky. Historically speaking a special group this year. I just hope none are murdered before getting home.

-160 miles this week on the bike. Feels great logging the miles. Hoping this hammy is about done and I can get back to running. Need to cut this 4-5 lbs I picked up while I haven't been able to run.

-The big boys missed out in the golf tournament. It was about perfect. What an amazing course. Hank, Kuch and Rose are as likable of a top 3 as you can pick. Love all 3. Seriously, I loved the layout of the course.

-Off tomorrow so dropping randos for your pleasure.

-The little dude starts "school" tomorrow(day care). Can't wait. I do wish he would move past the stage of just smooshing his food in his hair.

-Picked up some AE boat shoes, love them because they're not the same 3-4 Sperry's everyone has.

-Aly Raisman SI Body Issue... EEK
AlyRaisman_01-1.jpg

-The little dude starts "school" tomorrow(day care). Can't wait. I do wish he would move past the stage of just smooshing his food in his hair.

Pretty sure you get sick a lot? Please stock up on vitamin C this fall and spare GYERO from all the diseases you get from daycare.

TIA

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
Wayde van Niekerk was wearing a $800k watch last night (Richard Mille RM 27-02) when he broke Michael Johnson's 400m world record (from lane 8 no less).

o_O

Wayde-van-Niekerk03.jpg

102707077-Screen_Shot_2015-05-26_at_10.30.13_AM.530x298.png

Weekend randoms from East Tennessee…

-Went to the Jim Gaffigan show Friday night in Knoxville. Have always been a big fan even though his sitcom isn’t very good. It has to be more difficult for a comic to work clean. Kinda appreciate it now.

-Spent the rest of the weekend RV camping on Douglas Lake with our best friends and their 2 boys. Warm weather. Nice breeze. Pool. Kayaking. Grilling out. My wife is the furthest from what you’d describe as an “outdoorsy” person and she even loved it. Definitely the way to go for us.

-Hadn’t fished in quite a while and enjoyed the solitude of sitting on the bank and just waiting for something to grab the bait. Only caught a drum but it was time well spent.

-Saw a guy with “Do Not Resuscitate” tattooed over his heart. Had no idea that was a thing.

-UT fans are at peak UT fan for this coming season.

I'm curious if he actually spent $800,000.00 on a watch, or if the brand paid him to wear it during the race, like an actress wearing a certain designer on the red carpet. I can't imagine that guy has $800,000.00 to piss away on a watch, but what the f*ck do I know.

* Since the All Star break, Joey Votto is hitting .462 / .560. :scream:

* Ole Hikin Ursch was at it again yesterday. My buddy from New Orleans, and WS's cousin climbed to the top of Mount Massive -- just shy of 14,500 feet. Met some IU fans up there and talked a little junk. Got some amazing pictures. Threw up the 3 Goggles and will be sending that into KSR. Got up close and personal with a family of mountain goats.

* Lunched at Salida.....which was unexpectedly very awesome. They have a riverwalk on the Arkansas River (only about 50 feet wide, and pretty slow current), with a bunch of patio restaurants that sit right on the water.

Breckenridge-Riverwalk-Center.jpg

salida-colorado-arkansas-river.jpg

* Hostel.

Monday Thoughts:

- Last Chance U (minor spoilers):

* Their head coach is a jackass. Total redneck. Poor example for his kids. Hypocrite. No control over his emotions. Doesn't see JUCO football for what it really is- player development. Nobody gives a ish about JUCO championships.

* So, Auburn offered JF3 on one good half against a third rate JUCO team. [laughing]

* The QB was a pretty likeable dude. Hope he's enjoying Starkville.

* Ronald Ollie could certainly play for Kentucky.

- Caught a 20/20 special on survivors of the Texas A&M bonfire collapse from 1999. What a weird group those Aggies are. Very peculiar.

- Some good shit on PBS over last week and this week- American Experience docs on presidents Nixon, JFK, Carter, Johnson, Reagan and Bush1.

Meh. That A&M bonfire collapse was blown out of proportion. Really should have just handled everything internally. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Meh... When he gets back K will have some of the media personalities appear on his radio show for a circle jerk Q&A.

Used to be indifferent towards K but starting to loathe him after the negative recruiting stuff towards Cal & UK & the pretentious bullshit about coming to Duke & having their elite alumni catalogue at your beckoning. What a crock of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT