ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underrated BBQ meat:

Thinly sliced pork shoulder steaks.

They are a staple in my old hometown and it's beginning to branch out around south central.

You can't find it in stores. It's a special order item. Basically an entire pork shoulder is frozen and then thinly sliced through that bone that runs through Boston butts.

Thaw the suckers and throw them over an open-hearth, hot coal grill. 3 minutes on one side, flip. 3 minutes on the other, flip. Then mop each side with a vinegar based sauce with cayenne. Pull off the open grill and enjoy.

Did you just copy/paste the Monroe Co BBQ playbook?

Do you enjoy your shoulder 'dipped'?

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Granted I try to limit my interactions with pretentious bags, but every real life person I know likes Montgomery Inn. As usual, GYERO is full of grandiloquent twats.
Who's pretentious? You dropped grandiloquent in a dis post. Douche.

Montgomery Inn sucks if you're looking for actual smoked meat. Quantity and Quality with BBQ are directly related. You'll learn about BBQ in about 4-5 years at your current trajectory by my estimation. So gently take the thesaurus that you're sitting on to see over the edge of the desk and shove it firmly up your ass.

A little googling reveals that Montgomery Inn even admits they don't "BBQ" or smoke their meats. Boil & Bake is the Cincy "BBQ" mecca b/c of course it is.

There is no defense for adding steel cut oats to a perfectly fine ground meat/sausage.

No different than adding oats to pizza or Fajitas and giving it a goofy new name. It's stupid.

-Nazr Mohammed up next Live on SportsCenter. [laughing]

Last edited:
Reactions: SAECATFAN
Goetta is fine but it's nowhere near as good as... you know... regular breakfast sausage. So it should never be used as a substitute. Noobs.

I assume it was made to make the meat spread further back in the day. Stop watering down perfectly fine meat.

Gotdamn, Cincy folks have eaten such shit food for so long they're perfectly fine with mediocrity. How did Graeters and Ruby make it out of that shitbowl?

Larossas, Cincy Chili, Montgomery Inn, Goetta all suck balls. TRUE STORY. No other city I can think of has this issue.

Didn't even know what goetta was until I Wikipedia'ed it. This tells me all I need to know:

Goetta was originally a peasant dish...Glier's Goetta, the largest commercial producer of goetta, produces more than 1,000,000 lb (450 metric tons) annually, around 99 percent of which is consumed locally in Greater Cincinnati.

Good. Keep your weird ass in Larry Vaught's basement eating cheetahs and frozen pizza.

Reactions: HossCat73 and wcc31
Pretty sure LaRosa's is frozen pizza.

Larosas.png

^ it sure does.

Slice should have written about the Cincinnati/Louisville rivalry. Or chicks with beefer tattoos. Or Monroe county bbq. Or what's hanging from dk's chins.

^ I actually agree with that.

This guy *gets it*

LaRosa's Pizza

There may be places to eat in Cincinnati that don't suck. Chances are, those are the places that are empty because sucky Cincinnatians are packing into places that suck to eat sucky food.

Pizza is the measure of a town. New York City, in a slice, is large and steeped with flavor and tradition. The kings of NYC pizza got to their throne via hard work, dedication and talent. Chicago pizza, in a slice, has broad shoulders. It is hearty and fills the soul.

Cincinnati pizza, in a slice, is wrong on every level. LaRosa's crust comes in never quite all the way cooked 'pan style', overwrought cardboard without the flavor 'original', or 'hand-tossed' which combines the qualities of the first two with the additional mind picture of a Cincinnatian's grubby mitts handling it.

The sauce is sweet, but much like the Cincinnati attitude, it is a phony kind of sweet. A sweetness that sticks around for a millisecond before assuming its actual purpose of giving you heartburn.

The toppings are either too greasy, not greasy enough, overcooked or undercooked, depending on what your sucky Cincinnati host orders for the entire sucky office.

Great website: http://ihatecincinnati.blogspot.com/

Western Ky peeps - "Well, you have your Monroe Co. BBQ, and your Daviess breed, and your Hoptown kind, and your Green Co. and your blah blah blah"

Literally the entire rest of the world - "??????????"

Larry Vaught is not replacing Big O on the pregame is he? Vaught seems like a nice fella and all but this would be a huge dropoff.

Say what ya want about Oscar, but the man hails from the Cawood school of thinking. When the Cats are playing well, he will let ya know it and if they aren't, he will let you know that as well.

Reactions: wcc31
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT