ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taco Bell going with the Cheetos burrito
taco-bell-cheetos-burrito.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I'm just offended by the use of the word "chili." It's not chili, it's cinnamon-spiced hot dog sass. And it's terrible. And GGP with the Louisville inferiority complex. There are more great restaurants on Bardstown Road than there are in all of Greater Cincinnati. Cincinnati makes Cleveland look good.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyCat92
My family swears by goetta but I think it is awful. I don't really like Cincinnati chili my family thinks its great. They make fun of me for both those facts. I haven't had LaRosa's in like 20 years but I'm not a pizza snob so I'll eat any pizza really except Little Caesars and Dominos both are for dogs and hobos. I'm the black sheep of Northern Kentucky.

Having Smoky Pig pork shoulder dipped, with red skin REAL mashed potatoes and mac n cheese as we speak. With the partially stale 2 pieces of bread that comes with it of course.

That picture of frozen then cooked pork shoulder really did nothing to convince me it was good. Looks like a bargain pork chop from Food City. Pass.

Reactions: anthonys735
You all keep it up and I will murder you with some French Chews.

First, I'll strike quick, using the bar for a knock-out blow to the temple.

Then, I'll slowly stretch it out to strangle you.

Finally, I'll destroy the evidence.

Mmm, mmm, mmm, French Chew.

I'm not a taco bell advocate by any measure. Not even when staggering drunk... but those little cinnamon bites they put on the menu some time ago are somethin else. I could eat a million no hyperbole.

Reactions: B Rax
Will Matt Jones replace Oscar for the pre and post? If memory serves, Jones did basically a pre-pre game and a post-post game last season and Oscar would occasionally be on but Oscar and Dave Baker did the true pre and (iirc) post.

Jones has recently said he is moving to Lexington and said he had advance notice of Oscar's retirement. He's the obvious choice though, so it might be Alan Cutler or something.

If I eat any of the shit strewn across that trough of a buffet table I invariably leave some money with the homeowners of record. As it stands, my modus operandi is to bring my 12 pack of Miller Lite, smokes, and a lighter (after a come to Jesus with my colleague, Adrian). Contrary to others, I don't attend the tailgate to eat. I come to enjoy my cold beers, Parliaments, and internet friends. I sure as shit don't come for the goetta.

Watch it, Willy.

If I eat any of the shit strewn across that trough of a buffet table I invariably leave some money with the homeowners of record. As it stands, my modus operandi is to bring my 12 pack of Miller Lite, smokes, and a lighter (after a come to Jesus with my colleague, Adrian). Contrary to others, I don't attend the tailgate to eat. I come to enjoy my cold beers, Parliaments, and internet friends. I sure as shit don't come for the goetta.

Watch it, Willy.

You watch it, bub. You brought up me making goetta.

I haven't forced you to eat it.

Yet.

Yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAECATFAN
Put Kyle Macy on there. Let him passively-aggressively shit all over the program. Should really get fans hyped for games.

Reactions: HossCat73
* Montgomery Inn now has St. Louis style smoked ribs. Not too shabby.

I had to work late and missed the "surprise" for my MIL's bday, but you're damn right I made it in time for half a slab.

* Maxx how young are your youngest and have you taken them to an FCC game yet?

* Today's Office Soundtrack - "Wildcat Willy's British Invasion" The Who, Led Zep, Stones, Queen, Duran Duran, Pink Floyd, Bowie, The Police, Coldplay & The Beatles.

* Became a Great Uncle last night. I can't believe my sister is a grandma.

* Actually watched quite a bit of the Dem convention last night. Confirmed that if I had to vote for one of the two it would be Her. But thankfully, I don't have to and I won't.

I thought they did a nice job of trying to humanize her, though.

* I think ol' Bill is starting to lose it a little bit. I always liked him.

* Say what you will about the candidates, but they both have very impressive children.

* Food truck fest in the big park next to my office today and tonight.

Used to be Blue Ash Airport, now it has running and biking trails, a nice amphitheater, and decent restaurants (Brown Dog Cafe) with a couple more good ones on the way (including Senate). Pretty cool.

* I can just picture PTI going from shock to a throat clearing smirk as his car burned last night.

"You have to change the oil in these things?"
Late but 6 and 9. 6 year old may be more into minor league soccer than the 9 year old.

* Food truck fest in the big park next to my office today and tonight.

Used to be Blue Ash Airport, now it has running and biking trails, a nice amphitheater, and decent restaurants (Brown Dog Cafe) with a couple more good ones on the way (including Senate). Pretty cool.
No mention of the dope-ass glass pavilion, buildings, and pergolas, huh?

Noted.

I'd say it will either end up being Jones or Cameron Meals. Most likely Jones and it has probably been in the works for a while. Whole thing is damned near unlistenable either way. Same handful of shitty callers predicting huge blowouts and asking if random bench warmer will get some run.

If I were in charge, I'd give the job to Chris from Richmond and let him take calls.

That's good, Willy. Let's get violent because unlike yours, my Bavarian ancestors progressed enough in American society that cutting their sausage with steel cut oats became unnecessary sometime around the turn of the 20th century. Don't tread on me you tasteless sack of shit.

Listen, I can take all of the Larosa's, Chili and goetta smack from a couple of simpletons like Anth and Adrian. They don't know any better.

But I hold you to a higher standard. And for you to bring my Bavarian ancestors into it? Well, let's just say that wasn't appreciated.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
I think there is Wifi in Loge, Brooks.

Yep. And stocked bars with carving stations. Meanwhile the rest of us are lucky to wrestle a hot dog and soft drink out of the sweaty palms of a Jessamine County hockey mom before the opponent rips 24 unanswered and slams the game's door shut sometime in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

That sound -- the one where you run down to concession/bathroom at a seemingly 'safe' time, and then you just hear/feel the opposing team's 'big' play happening in a silent/weird sort of way, followed by their fight song off in the distance, and the monotone "Touchdown ___" from PA.

Don't forget the sarcastic laughter and knowing glances of fellow patrons.

-Dr. Krupa....man I didn't appreciate that fellow when I was 18. Wear World Wildlife Fund t-shirts and TEVAS all day, ride your back through campus and give a lecture you could do in your sleep. 38 year old me would sign up right now.

-9 year old is having her birthday this Saturday. She read all the Harry Potter books last year so that is the theme. My wife has gone nuts with it. Side field has been turned in to a quidditch pitch, all kinds of crazy sorcery shit going on in my house. The only thing magically disappearing is the $$$. I need school to start back because the wife not being occupied for 7-8 hours a day is expensive.

-Do get the pleasure of smoking a pork butt and a brisket for the party. So no sleep tonight.

New Orleans Rundown:
-Disgustingly hot and humid. People would ask if we were used to the heat. When I pulled up the Louisville weather during the trip, Louisville was almost identical in F & RH%. If Pti doesn't sweat in New Orleans then he has a superpower.

-Food was good. Highlights include Couchon Butcher by the WW2 museum (thanks for the rec). Also grabbed a table at 5PM on a Friday at Jacques-Imo's which filled up immediately. That was probably the best meal.

-WW2 museum was a little weak on my end. Not much was new to me since I taught the content for so long. My wife liked it. 4D movie was a good way to spend 1 hour but it was meh at best.

-Cruised down Bourbon St at night for a lap each night just to people watch. Did the typical touristy Hurricane at Pat O'Briens and the purple drink at Lafittes Blacksmith. Frenchman St was good too. We aren't partiers so we were mostly home by 12:30-1 each night.

-I could see how the French Quarter would be a blast sans the missus. I daydreamed about getting blackout drunk on frozen shit, eating the shitty pizza and fried chicken while cruising into tittay bars.

-Speaking of, every single "Barker" outside the strip clubs looked the same. Shitty mustache, pony tail and a tuxedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT