ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any advice on the best front load washer/dryer? We need a new set and it's overwhelming researching this stuff. We will also have ours to sell if anyone is in the market.

Hopcat was pretty good when it first opened but it's been painfully slow the last couple times I've been there. Last time we went we made the mistake of telling the waiter to give us a couple more minutes because it was the first time the other couple had been there, dude reappeared about 15 minutes later.

Nope. Finally went to a doctor.

Amazingly, it wasn't difficult. I called them yesterday and got an appointment for this morning. No cussing out any Obamas, no book of forms to fill out.

So you really don't know if you have pneumonia.

Any advice on the best front load washer/dryer? We need a new set and it's overwhelming researching this stuff. We will also have ours to sell if anyone is in the market.
We went with LG, per the recommendation of the guy who manages the fleet of test machines at P&G.

He also said it was "hard to go wrong" with Whirlpool.

I think I used to have LG front loaders at the Mill St townhouse.

Meh-they looked cool but were kind of a pain. Things would get stinky.

Good point, Doc.

If you are too dumb to remember to leave the door open on the front-loader every time, they are not for you.

Btw, I've referred to our new washer/dryer as the "worst television money can buy" at every opportunity since we moved in - talk about a solid dad joke.

- Question for you parents- would it bother you at all to send your children to your high school's blood rival? Like SAE- how much would you care about sending the little one to Trinity?

- @IsRichieGonnaStart you and the wife plan on studding Rupp out at all?

- FWIW- I like older houses with a lot of character. I love Anth's crib and BBdK's crib. Really liked PTI's old place. Overall, I don't care all that much, though. Location means a lot more to me.

You have to wipe out the front load washers after every load and keep the door open, or they will have mildew issues.

The owner put them in a rather inconvenient place to leave the door open.

Obviously he didn't listen to the podcast on proper front loader placement.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Front loaders are trash, smell like mildew and do about as good a job as putting your soapy clothes in the yard while the sprinkler is going. For all the years I spent enjoying and agreeing with JoeyRupp, not sure if there is any coming back from our differences on the age of home and laundry machine preferences.

I wouldn't be the one paying the tuition, so that would be a plus. But, my kid's not going to Trinity.

There's been talk of us eventually moving to Ft. Thomas, which would be fine with me. But if you're going to live there, it makes sense to take advantage of the terrific school system. Unfortunately, I have hated Highlands since I was born. I could probably get over it, but I seriously think it would bother the hell out of my dad.

-Yeah, I'm done with my clothes smelling like mildew. Drives me insane and sloot refuses to use a high efficiency (popular brand) detergent plus I shut the door out of habit or sometimes leave them in over night for a late load. Eff that noise. They're like 9 years old now and I'm over it. Leave door open, no fabric softner, clean them out... WTF? Don't care that they look cool or use less water if I smell like stale water.

-Moving, kids talk, home projects, dogs. WCC has to be <6 months from being engaged.

I've always found people that are super into their HS teams and HS rivals to be kind of odd tbh. Always thought the guys that returned to watch HS games when they were like 5 years removed from HS to be weridos.

LG washer and dryers for me and my wife. We have a top load washer and front load dryer. They seem to work as my clothes don't smell and aren't dirty when I take them out.

We live in one of those cookie cutter neighborhoods. Our house was built in 2010 and we live about 3 feet from our neighbors and all the houses look the same. Our yard sucks. But the house has everything we need and I'm not a handyman by any means so I wanted something turn key. Plus the people right before us updated the whole thing really nicely, especially the kitchen, which IMO is the center of the house and for us the most important. Eventually we want to build a house, but I'm not sure how that works, if it ends up being more expensive, if its hard to find land etc. Plus I'm also afraid it'll make me and the wife hate each other like BRax, but there is something appealing about designing everything to exactly how you want it.

What front-loader brand did you cheap out with, Clark?

Emerson or Coby?

At this point, our washes out vomit and shit on the reg (human and dog) and it stil smells great. So don't tell me it's prone to funk.

Sloot/Anth, you may need some Sioux Cheif water hammer arrestors if the pipes in your house are old. Otherwise the super efficient machine may cause water hammer in your old-ass house.
Front loaders are trash, smell like mildew and do about as good a job as putting your soapy clothes in the yard while the sprinkler is going. For all the years I spent enjoying and agreeing with JoeyRupp, not sure if there is any coming back from our differences on the age of home and laundry machine preferences.

I've always found people that are super into their HS teams and HS rivals to be kind of odd tbh. Always thought the guys that returned to watch HS games when they were like 5 years removed from HS to be weridos.

I kind of agree with you. I haven't watched one of my high school's games in 15 years. However, I grew up with my dad always taking me to football, basketball and baseball games, down state, etc. NewCath sports was in the same conversation as UK, the Reds and Bengals. Obviously, me and my family take sports way too seriously. It would feel really funny wearing a Highlands hat.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT