ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Actually doing a little project this weekend. Hope to make a new handle for the BGE out of some nice wood(not sure on the species). Had my dude granite_man make 2 custom granite planks for the sides and neighbor fabricated racks to hold them. Also picked up a new grill mat to protect the recently re-stained deck.

-I get no more satisfaction by completing a home project than having a pro do it.

-It bothers me more and more that regulars don't drop quality randoms posts. Just about everything is one liner or in line response. Need to get this place back to organic conversation and morning randoms.

I realize where my talents lay, and that is funding said projects.

Prioritization of projects is somewhat hilarious. Could have probably had all this painting professionally done for what I just spent upgrading the boat sound system. But that seemed ridiculous to me, where as the audio upgrade was an immediate knee jerk.

No one is better at getting me to nap on the couch like Ian Darke.

-You want to talk home projects? The house the lass and I completely renovated in KW and almost broke us(relationship-wise not financially necessarily), well we don't live in it anymore. Spruce that damn thing up all nice and then decide to leave.:mad:

So we've officially been just outside Clearwater for a week and a half now. It's honestly been an amazing transition and she is over the moon happy with being back home. I like it up here a lot and we have family around which is really great.

Plus we're taking two months or so off and doing nothing but getting the house how we want it, traveling and seeing family. After chasing money in KW for so long, it's a well deserved and needed break.

@buckethead1978 if you like lightning, I'm in the lightning capitol of North America. It's pretty cool to see this much lightning literally every day along with sunshowers every afternoon.

-Having some people come by this week to give us some pool estiamtes which is exciting. One thing about florida, if you're not directly on the water or have a pool you're 100% doing it wrong.

-Went to two gyms this week, LA Fitness $38/month and Get Fit $10/month. Only difference really is there is no basketball court or sauna at Get Fit, but with 0 income right now I can live without the bball and sauna.

Blew my mind though when I went into Get Fit, guy at the front desk on our first conversation, "So are you natty or no?" Ummmmm, seriously? First off, yes I'm natural. Two, I was always under the impression if someone is on gear you don't just ask them unless you really want to piss them off or you're good friends.
There was a lot of steroids in KW and it was no biggie to openly talk about it there but I guess it's so normal now they just talk about it wherever. I'm assuming the guy wanted me as a client since I had just moved to town and wanted to be the first to get me. Anyway, just weird.

-Caffeine pills seem to do the job. Pop one in the morning and gets me going with no jitters or cracked out feelings like hydrocut or whatever.

@drxman1 Yes, we've been to Bern's 3x. That plae is just ridiculous. The whole everything of it. Growing their own veggies, servers there for 30+ years, the kitchen and wine cellar tour, the separate upstairs dessert area, etc. Place is over the top and definitely worth the trip and money.

Average home prices in Louisville are up 13% compared to last year.

I find it somewhat amazing what people will pay for a home in certain areas inside the Watterson... St Matthews, Crescent Hill and The Highlands, particularly. I also get it bc of what those neighborhoods have to offer and it's a simple concept of supply vs demand.

I'm easily a top three "stand around guy" from this thread IRL.

I was actually thanked by a fellow dad (and complete stranger) at a toddler birthday party last month for being such an interesting guy to talk to.

You want me at that birthday party. You need me at that birthday party.

And obviously my kid is destined for fedora-less greatness in life. His bandana-bib game is already out of this world. This kid is set.

*When i bought my first house, I had done nothing more than painting and landscaping work. But you can find how to do most DIY projects on youtube now, and as long as you arent a complete goon you can do most home improvement projects on your own. The toughest part is acquiring the proper tools. Stay away from electric and major plumbing stuff.

The first hardwood floors I put in were for a my kitchen and dining room, and about 2-3 days later the ancient dishwasher leaked mid cycle after I had left for work. New floors buckled and warped and had to be taken out.

*Wife is in Chicago (north suburbs) for a pharma rep meeting all week. She went to the Cubs game last night to send me some vids of Chapman's first appearance. Dude is a headcase and will probably have off field issues here and there, but if he can get 3 outs in the 9th from now until October, bring him on.

*IMO, the gold bond spray has officially replaced any powder as the go to for men in the summer months. Alabama swamp ass is a huge issue, so a spray can every couple weeks is a sound investment

*"if someone is on gear..." Am I the only one that doesnt know gym roid pill head lingo?

*On season 5 of GOT now. Its not really my normal type of show. I dont typically enjoy fantasy type shows at all and I think they are ridiculous, but i've really liked it so far- basically from the beginning. Also Sansa.

*Vice Principals is awful already and totally removed from my priority shows. As is Ballers. Its awful as well even with the :fire:intro song.

Reactions: B Rax

I find it somewhat amazing what people will pay for a home in certain areas inside the Watterson... St Matthews, Crescent Hill and The Highlands, particularly. I also get it bc of what those neighborhoods have to offer and it's a simple concept of supply vs demand.

Have you checked out Montclair?

I've heard "no inventory" about 50 times over the last month with the realtors/etc that I work with, and if you look around, there is very little. Homes are selling as soon as they are put up on MLS for the most part.

We looked at a home in Wellington on Saturday that was a 2400 sq foot cape cod. $409K. o_O Place was dope, but too old and required way too many projects, just not in our wheelhouse.

What do you mean, pricing I assume? Saturation? Stuff fascinates me but I'm not a college real estate.

In middle TN, it's the craziest it's been in my eleven years. If priced right they're under contact within a week and closed in forty days. Home values are up, in most areas, five to ten percent year over year.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Pasta Garage - good
County Club - good
Does Pasta Garage have booze?

-Olives are one of the few foods I don't like. Scallops is the other.

-I end up listening to parts of Rush and Hannity because I usually leave the radio on 630 from morning sports talk. Speaking of sports talk, it really is crazy the ratings that KSR gets for a sports talk show.

-I don't like making a post with less than 3 separate thoughts/paragraphs unless it is a direct response.

-Rain.

-Little Joey Hove is getting really big and sitting up now, per 80's FB post. All these kiddos are gonna be wild crawling/running around this football season. Adrian, go get your wife pregnant. WCC, go propose to your girlfriend. K, thanks.

-Boat, does Julia live with you now? .

-Azur's restaurant week meal looks tasty.

He was thrilled, actually, was already making plans for our weekly brew at Kern's -- although it wasn't really in his neighborhood. Across BTown back behind Sullivan.

We're destined for outside The Snyder I'm afraid. Wife wants brand new.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
My mother lives out in Middletown by Midland Trail- been in the house about 20-something years, put her house on the market and had offers immediately. Ultimately she removed the listing bc she couldnt find something else. And apparently its not uncommon for homeowners who dont even have their house on the market to get unsolicited offers. Its like a boomtown for some reason.

Props to Ramsey for using his final moments as President to show scenes from 30 year old Nick Nolte movies.

- There's a bikini pic out of Sansa that is :fire::weary::pray:. Hot reds are unicorns.

- "Ballers" is complete hate-watch for me. I actually lose respect for a person when they claim to like it. It's pure unadulterated shit. No likable characters. No plot. Sillyass athlete cameos. Poor acting. Just terrible. I love hating it.

- I have no clue what I'm going to do with all my dad's tools when I one day inherit them. Dude has everything.

- What are the percentages of fellow dads and/or husbands you actually enjoy socializing with? 20%? Actually really like one of the lass's best friend's fiance. We got hammered Saturday night. It's rare.

Reactions: TCPUKChamps
*"if someone is on gear..." Am I the only one that doesnt know gym roid pill head lingo?

I had a client offer to hook me up with "gear" last year. I had no f'n clue what the dude was talking about. After going back and forth with him over how he gets "gear" (I thought he was talking apparel) it finally dawned on me he was referring to steroids.

Reactions: wcc31
- SAE and BBdK are actually pretty similar, although he is loathe to admit it.

- Glad to see MaxPowerr's life is coming apart at the seams. Homeless. Newly avid soccer geek. Get it together, man.

I see some of the advantages (less upkeep) with newer homes but I don't think they're built as well structurally speaking than older homes.

Just don't like how in these newly developed subdivisions you don't have any mature trees, the houses are smack right next to each other and many of them look very similar to one another.

Guess it's a matter of taste.

What I like best about new construction is how developers level acreage and then put in a few standard tiny trees and then build homes approximately 6 feet apart and you better know your address bc your new house looks just like every other house on the street (oh but our floor plan is a little different we have the Brookmont not the Brookfield layout and our shutters and front door are a different shade of brown)

Next house for me will have land. If you can hear my stereo in the hot tub, you're trespassing.

I'll either build or buy newer construction.

I , the houses are smack right next to each other .

Umm, this is the case in mature/old neighborhoods as well, I'd argue even moreso if you're talking St. Matthews, Highlands, etc. Most of my friends can touch their neighbor's house standing in their own driveway. Your property is far from the norm in that regard.

Trees can get pumped.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT