ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was that pic saved on your computer under "sleeveless anth" or "cutoff anth"?

If the shirt was made at the factory without sleeves, it would be sleeveless.

Had it actually had sleeves, and Banana boy had removed them, it would be a cutoff. This appears to be the latter.

SEC Tourney 2002 was a blast thanks to Team Turmoil.Was miserable in life that first year out of college. Most of my buddies were still in school, I was back living at home and trying to sell insurance as a 22 year old.

Took a half day from work on Friday and drove down to Atlanta with Suter & 2 of his college buddies. All I needed was a fun weekend celebrating the Cats. Raced down 75 S as fast as we could. We somehow picked up the signal from WHAS and listened to the 1st half & Leach call that Friday night game ( he's awful, btw). against S Carolina.

We were losing the game throughout and pulled into my buddy's apartment in Mid Town where we were staying to watch the 2nd half. We lost and vividly remember the tv panning in on Tubby & David fng Hobbs stare into space during the closing moments of that loss. Livid.

The 3 legitimate goals for UK Football this season:
  1. Win 3 of 4 non-conference games (just lose to UofL, basically)
  2. Beat Vandy and either Missouri or South Carolina
  3. Don't lose by 40+ points to anyone
That's seriously it.

Reactions: _Chase_
I guess it's just the fact that UK spends a ridiculous amount of money for a glorified locker room for a craptastic football program, and went through the effort and expense to make up a fictional national championship trophy, then go through the additional effort of putting it in a glass case, traditionally the home of actual trophies. Like someone is going to come in and snatch away our simulated hardware. Located proudly in a prominent display in our new digs. By the mannequins wearing the knockoff University of Buffalo unis.

I'll be excited if security keeps being lax about allowing bourbon to be snuck into Commonwealth and the Cats keep piling up those FIIIIIIIIIRST DOOOOOOOWWWWWN, KENTUC-KY!s

That's all I need.

Reactions: Hankshaker
I guess it's just the fact that UK spends a ridiculous amount of money for a glorified locker room for a craptastic football program, and went through the effort and expense to make up a fictional national championship trophy, then go through the additional effort of putting it in a glass case, traditionally the home of actual trophies. Like someone is going to come in and snatch away our simulated hardware. Located proudly in a prominent display in our new digs. By the mannequins wearing the knockoff University of Buffalo unis.

In Mitch's defense, we SHOULD'VE been crowned the champs that year. WTF kind of system awards the national title before the bowl game? We BEAT Oklahoma. The belt should've been ours, dammit.

I like to imagine Mark Stoops in the schematic design process with Mitch and Joey Rupption and he's like "my God here has to be SOMETHING we can show off SOMETHING that we are proud of??" And Mitch just kinda stares off into the distance, gently caressing the top button on his polo and without breaking his gaze he says "there is...one, thing."
TO BE CONTINUED...

If I am elected your athletic director, I will replace that simulated trophy and use the prominent glass display case to showcase two items that truly signify what UK football is all about.

The janky ass wooden sign and pass-out tickets.

Reactions: cawoodsct and B Rax
Finest moment in UK Football History IMO

LSUKycow.jpg

tigercow2.jpg

tigercow3.jpg

From the Main Board so TIFWIW regarding B12 expansion:

Word on the street is that an announcement could come as soon as next week. It looks like the 4 schools will be Cincy, Memphis, Houston, and BYU. Still trying to work out the details with BYU on all sports or football only. This comes from the same person that told me on July 1st that the Big 12 would announce they are expanding during the week of Big 12 media days and two weeks later they would anounce the schools. The marketing/merchandising departments of one school has been contacted by the conference and asked if they could have stuff ready by Monday if needed. I'm just sharing what I heard, so TIFWIW and don't shoot the messenger.

1)LSU '07
2)UL '07
3)Bama '97
4)UL '98
5)South Carolina '10

dear god this program has so many long stretches of pure misery with nothing pleasurable to point too in my lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT