ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool I hope your boy doesn't choke again next year with even better talent around him.

Mods:

Please unhide this uni-achilles'd, redneck, lumber slangin, accountant income shaming, steaming pile of traveshamockery so that everyone on GYERO can get a load of his foolishness.

(tia)

Now hold on a second.......this is really just a bit overboard don't you think.

[winking]

What Steph does is amazing and I'm not debating that at all. I just really see this team like the Phoenix team that was so awesome with Nash in his prime as the hip fast paced type team, but better.

This is how bad its gotten for krazy. In an effort to argue that Steph Curry, Reigning Back to Back MVP, IS NOT a top 3 player - he compares him to none other than Phoenix Steve Nash - who happened to win, you guessed it - BACK TO BACK MVP. Then says Curry is actually better than Nash was when he was BACK to BACK MVP.

Just. Stop.

Fair enough, but I haven't heard Curry is a top 3 talent yet.

Just a reminder of where this all started.

FYI: a dead body washed up on the shore of the Mississippi River yesterday, by the Huey Long Bridge (where I've run countless times). Looks like we won't be moving the Olympics from Brazil to the US. :flushed::flushed:

The Baton Rouge police shooting. Yikes. Good news is that all of my social media capable friends have this thing figured out. Dug heels in and everything.

Curious what antics wccs mutt may be up to today? Requires shots? Wants to go for a walk? Needs food and water twice a day??? Freaking dogs, man. SCH.

Slice - we need krazy for the podcast

Screw a guest appearance, if he consistently brings the heat like THAT, then he deserves his own weekly segment.

"Is Steph Curry a top 3 NBA talent?" = "Is Joe Flacco a elite NFL quarterback?"

Curious what antics wccs mutt may be up to today?

I must be "weird dog guy". I'm looking for a good one to adopt and can't wait for this shit. I'm seriously considering this ugly mutt. Too old for the puppy drama though. Just look at this ahole:

6f4bb5e2-db3d-4b16-a547-9d44d66b7a08.jpg

Also I guarantee Chad has a goldendoodle but he won't disclose that part, and that's probably why he doesn't love it.

I mean, what exactly is the College Basketball arguing here: that he wants to see fewer elite basketball players together because of Charles Barkley and the cutthroat Pistons in the 1980s, or something?

Kevin Durant is playing with the Warriors. As a Basketball, that is going to be awesome to watch, no matter the result. I repeat. Kevin Effing Durant is joining up with a team that just set the regular season win record and is awesome to watch.

What is there to gripe about?

Gonna be awesome. Have a coke, a smile, and whatnot.

Shaking Chad's head here.

It's pretty simple- I want my generational superstars to be competitive enough to want to beat their rivals instead of lamely joining them to chase a ring.

This isn't an outlandish POV. It's one shared by plenty of players, former players, analysts and fans. If you can't fathom my opinion, that's your problem, not mine.

Plenty of these guys are true rivals, and plenty are also very good friends -- again, pretty much completely unlike the times you speak of. Durant/Steph/Iggy have been tight and talking of one day playing together for years, well before Steph became Superman and the Warriors became Super-team.

Just like the HS guys that form bonds and try to attempt to go to school together. These friendships start at a much earlier age (AAU), and are much more 'real' than in the 80s or whatever -- that's not debatable.

Everything about this era is different than that one -- the people who continually refuse to acknowledge that in ALL facets of the game are the ones who are truly the worst, imo.

Chad has said "My Generational Superstars" 6x since yesterday. That's cute.

Reactions: ukalum01
If you don't have Curry in your Top 3 NBA players, fine. Most would, but it's not the craziest thing I've ever heard. But acting like it's ridiculous makes you look like a damn fool.

Reactions: JustinSphere
Steph Curry has been exposed, and takes way too many tough shots. He'd shoot around 80% if he'd just play smart basketball, needs to reign it in if he's ever going to become the player we all know he can be, or wants to win championships.

Plenty of these guys are true rivals, and plenty are also very good friends -- again, pretty much completely unlike the times you speak of. Durant/Steph/Iggy have been tight and talking of one day playing together for years, well before Steph became Superman and the Warriors became Super-team.

Just like the HS guys that form bonds and try to attempt to go to school together. These friendships start at a much earlier age (AAU), and are much more 'real' than in the 80s or whatever -- that's not debatable.

Everything about this era is different than that one -- the people who continually refuse to acknowledge that in ALL facets of the game are the ones who are truly the worst, imo.

Chad has said "My Generational Superstars" 6x since yesterday. That's cute.

That's fine, but that doesn't make my take on the matter any less valid. I never said it was idiotic or that it shouldn't be allowed. I just think it's weak.

You won't see LeBron teaming up with Steph, I think that's pretty clear.

...but he desperately wants to play with Chris Paul, one of his best friends who's also been the best overall/true PG in the NBA for years now. B/c Chris Paul is an elite PG, that would be "weak", in the eyes of many -- but would be fine if his bestie was Jameer Nelson.

Yeah, guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Fans and media (especially the media) have created this theory that a superstar's accomplishments are diminished, or even null and void, if they don't win a ring. KD has already accomplished all of the individual success he wants (apparently).

So now it's time to cement his legacy. The money was there, the opportunity was there, and so he took that offer. It's not like he collectively pitched playing there to them. They wanted him. He listened to their pitch. He's there.

It may not be what we're used to or even what we would do as super competitive message board posters. But KD did it and I don't begrudge him for it. Now, will I be cheering for him to fulfill his destiny? Hell no. Screw the Warriors.

I can take what Chad is saying from most former players...just not from Charles Barkley, who joined Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler on the Rockets after three near-misses on the Suns - two of which ended at the hands of the aforementioned Rockets.

He did that in the twilight of his career. Durant is just getting into his prime, so NO, that is not a valid comparison.

But KD did it and I don't begrudge him for it. Now, will I be cheering for him to fulfill his destiny? Hell no. Screw the Warriors.

I'm the opposite. I do begrudge KD's lame decision, but have no problem with he or the Warriors. If they win it all, fine by me.

Reactions: Mashburned
Not really.

But I do struggle with a lot NBA teams and their evaluations of players. Always have and will.

Didn't know you were on board with every team's front office decision-making process so that's cool to know.

FTR, who will be the better player the first 5 years, @B.B.d.K. ? Simmons or Ingram?

Lebron
Steph
KD

That's the league Top 3 at this point. And most people would say in that order.

Also, any shot Steph Curry takes inside 50 feet is a good one.

Change that to 30 feet and you're probably right. It's fun to jack up 50 footers when you're up 40...not so much in the NBA Finals.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
I'm in the Westbrook > KD camp, fwiw -- but it's very close, and I can certainly understand both arguments.

KD, while outstanding, just lacks that 'something' with me, and I feel like he's proven that over and over again...he's not your typical "generational superstar" to me.

Reactions: WettCat and BKH34
Simmons.

It's just summer league, but Trey Lyles is looking primed for a bust out soph season, he's doing it all. He played for us, I think.

That Scott Charlton dude is one of the best follows on Twitter -- dude must have a great life, and a lot of free time. Pretty much has highlights/vines of every UK player's games, every single night.

Westbrook is amazing...plays 100%...probably gives more effort than anyone in the league...but he is a bit OFF. Just a strange cat.

Totally agree that Durant isn't your generational superstar. He's also an amazing talent, but doesn't have the IT factor like a MJ, Magic, Michael, Lebron, etc. Kids love him though, and his game is like no other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT