ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's been lost in this KD/GSW hoopla is that some UNC fans actually thought Harrison Barnes was the next Michael Jordan.

Reactions: _Chase_
Bird, Magic, Thomas, Jordan- NONE of those guys went hunting for an easier route to the title.
Yeah they did. They just had other guys join them.

Boston traded for Robert Parish and Dennis Johnson.

The Lakers traded for Bob McAdoo and picked up Mychal Thompson off the scrap heap.

The Pistons traded for Bill Laimbeer, Rick Mahorn and Mark Aguirre. And maybe Vinnie Johnson.

The Bulls traded for Bill Cartwright and Ron Harper.

I get that very few of those guys created a situation like GSW has now. But the greats always had great teammates too, and bunches of them.

I'm also not convinced that it's going to go as swimmingly for GSW as folks think. They have 4 chiefs now, but they're getting rid of all of their Indians. One of the best teams on paper I've ever seen. But I'm not ready to put the belt on them yet. To be the man and what not.

I'm not any more critical of Kevin Durant today than I was a week ago.

By mega star standards, he's a passive vah-zheen and a non-Alpha Dog. He's pre-title Dirk Nowitzki, basically. Chasing a title and taking the easy way out isn't outside his normal character, imo.

A true, all-time great should try to win a title with D-Leaguers imo. Displays real dominance. Who would've thought to try and play with the best talent possible? Bunch of passive nonsense.
I believe bbdk could move Don to the next level if he started posting in here.

I don't see a problem at all with not enough shots. The big 3 they have now are about as an unselfish trio as there has been. Thompson and Green will have no problem riding in the backseat.

The counter point to all of the KD BS is does a top 3 player really passively just give his team to someone no matter how good? Westbrook was clearly the one in control of that team when they were at there best.

Also does a top 3 player get up 3-1 in a series and choke?

What if KD and the Warriors do not win a championship?

At that point is he still a top 3 guy?

Going to a Reds game soon. Is Newport on the Levee a decent spot to do some browse shopping with wife and eat before walking the bridge to the game? Probably get there at 3:30-4 for 7:10 game. Good spot?

Legacies be damned. I wish Cleveland had the money to add another all star level player; I want the highest level of basketball possible.

The MVP Curry got up 3-1 and lost. 2 of the games at home. I don't care about Durant. But yes, apparently a top 3 player can and did choke away a 3-1 lead.

Fair enough, but I haven't heard Curry is a top 3 talent yet. Almost everyone that is anyone declares KD a top 3 lock in this NBA.

He had a pretty good post about his wife eating only chicken tenders and pizza hut that was pretty solid. I'm bet his wife is a dime, and I'm sitting here in my bach pad posting like a bawse. :sunglasses:

^So did you lose track of what he did for a full 2 seasons before losing to one of the greatest of all time in the finals?

Yes, he's top 3 right now. Dude shot 3's like layups for over 120 games.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Wife came home in tears. Someone ran over a teen on a bike right in front of her on the way home.

She saw a guy on a motorcycle die right after we moved in.

GD.

Reactions: WettCat
Wife came home in tears. Someone ran over a teen on a bike right in front of her on the way home.

GD.

That sucks, dude. I see dead, mangled bodies at least once a month at my job, but I signed up for this. Sorry to hear it. Not for the faint of heart.

Yeah she's pretty f'ing strong and rarely gets overly emotional, a huge reason I married her. But for someone with a 20 minute commute, she has seen some horrible things lately.

Finally hit the news and doesn't sound good for the dude to make it.

Don't forget the real loser in the Spake to Fox deal:

Larry-Beach.jpg

#PrayForLarry

^So did you lose track of what he did for a full 2 seasons before losing to one of the greatest of all time in the finals?

Yes, he's top 3 right now. Dude shot 3's like layups for over 120 games.

I just think his supporting cast really makes what he does not look as bad. Klay/Draymond really make up for a lot of what are bad basketball decisions or shots.

Also teams tend to try to pick him onto their rim attacking guards because his defense is weak.

But he does shoot the shit out of the ball.

GD.

Ugh. I saw a taxi hit an elementary age child crossing in the crosswalk going to school. Literally happened right next to my car. It's been almost 10 years and I still have nightmares from it at times. It really is one of those things you can't unsee.

I mean, what exactly is the College Basketball arguing here: that he wants to see fewer elite basketball players together because of Charles Barkley and the cutthroat Pistons in the 1980s, or something?

Kevin Durant is playing with the Warriors. As a Basketball, that is going to be awesome to watch, no matter the result. I repeat. Kevin Effing Durant is joining up with a team that just set the regular season win record and is awesome to watch.

What is there to gripe about?

Gonna be awesome. Have a coke, a smile, and whatnot.

Shaking Chad's head here.

Last edited:
No, Kevin Durant just joined the team that knocked him out of the semis. The fact his team was up 3-1 makes this move even more pussy.

No shit it's going to be fun to watch. Doesn't make KD less pussy. Like you said, they had the best record ever. Wtf is KD gonna so exactly? Defer to the guys who just beat his team. I mean c'mon. Russ took over his team, and now he's leaving to camp on the perimeter and shoot 3's.

Guarantee Russ and Enes would call him a pussy.

It's not just that krazykats has him outside his top 3, but beyond that he's not even HEARD that from anyone yet. :joy::joy::joy:

So, wasn't Kevin Durant pretty much already a poosay?? I think that's the missing piece of info here. His free agency didn't really change the perception of him, imo.

Lord help me, I've spent the last 8 minutes of my life watching this Battlefrog Championship garbage. A bunch of college dickheads who legitimately believe that Cross Fit is a sport. Ugh.

So Rondo and Wade are going to be sharing the ball on the Bulls. This will be an interesting chemistry experiment.

He was the best player on the best team, and that was proven as they won playoff games without him. Lebron may not win MVP every year which is fine, but anyone that doesn't believe he is the MVP doesn't understand how that award works.

Basically I'd take Lebron, Durant, AD and KAT over Steph on my team right now. I'm in the minority I'm sure but at PG I'd prefer Westbrook too.

Apples to Oranges when comparing their games, but I like Westbrook's ability to play defense and his ability to effortlessly get triple doubles regularly.

So, just so we're clear -- you've not heard ANYONE claim Steph Curry is a top 3 talent in the NBA?

Okay. Got it. Just making sure.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
I'd take him over Steph right now if I was building a team. I don't think it's a long shot to say KAT is about to be THE dominant big in the whole league......possibly next season.

What Steph does is amazing and I'm not debating that at all. I just really see this team like the Phoenix team that was so awesome with Nash in his prime as the hip fast paced type team, but better. Obviously we have to wait and see how next year goes but if Durant/Steph/Klay/Draymond don't beat Lebron/Kyrie that really knocks those guys off the pedestal.

I don't think Curry should get credit for having the perfect complement of players around him that allow him to do what he does. His ability to hit shots is flat out amazing, but he is also is a coaches nightmare with shot selection, decision making, and defense. Even with a great 2 years his flaws really showed in the Finals.

Yes I've seen the ESPN circle jerk for Steph. That must have escaped my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT