ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic is the greatest pg of all time. Kareem is arguably the greatest center. Worthy is a HOFer. Great supporting cast.

You can take the Warriors. Give me the Showtime Lakers.

Also hilarious how a few weeks ago the Warriors were "exposed", just a shiny/gunning team full of punks, no defense, no big men, overrated, etc.

Now, they add a 2nd Hall of Famer to the roster, and it's out of control unfair pussy bullshit. LOL.

Durant isn't an alpha, as evidenced by relinquishing his OWN team to Westbrook.

I don't agree with the "exposed" shit, either. One bounce of the ball and they're B2B champs.

If he wants to take a flyer and "only" make $25M or so for the next year or two to play basketball on a certain team, what an idiot I guess.

Never said he was an idiot. I said he was a bandwagon pussy.

Chad mentioned this ages ago, and got crushed, but you know who is still super dope and seems to get better every year? Rachel Nichols. Girl is stacked. She is real good. :100points:

NO.

It was wrong then, and it's wrong now. She's not good. She never was good. If you took all the good in the world and put it in a room, and then got rid of it, that's Rachel Nichols.

Never said he was an idiot. I said he was a bandwagon pussy.
Duly noted and I guess I was thinking about critics in general rather than you specifically. The salary cap (which owners can exceed if they want to pay the tax but is rarely mentioned) doesn't seem like it is going keep things competitive amongst the teams, which is the intent.

Maybe Milwaukee or Toronto should have a higher cap than Miami due to climate. Maybe the Knicks (with a high state tax) should have a higher cap than no-state-tax teams. I don't know the answer, but these new contract extensions are mind-numbing. If 8 teams can offer you $25,000,000 to play basketball for one year, why NOT go where it will be the easiest to win, most fun, nicest weather or clubs or whatever you're into?

There has always been stacked teams. Only difference is back in the day, owners stacked teams, now the players do. I get why KD did it, but to go with the team that you JUST lost to ??? It looks bad on his part, but on the other side, I get it, he wants to win a ring., He is a choker, so instead of him having the pressure of making the big shot or carrying his team, he will just join a team who has players that will, and can make them, and he gets to enjoy the ride. Win / Win. He can go there, score 20 per game, and then when the game is on the line, pass the ball to Steph,,,, just like he did with Russell Westbrook.

If you have to choose one to start a team, KD or Russell Westbrook ?

so what does Spake bring to Fox Sports that the Erin Andrews doesnt? i'm sure they are both making bank to bolt ESPN.

seems like wasted money on their salary cap. like the Warriors getting Durant AND resigning Barnes.

Arnold Palmer is way better than Pete Sampras. But Pete crushes Richard Petty 9/10 times. Petty and Joey Chestnut are pretty equal, although I'd give the slight edge to Frank Dux's performance in the Kumite.

Arnold Palmer is way better than Pete Sampras. But Pete crushes Richard Petty 9/10 times. Petty and Joey Chestnut are pretty equal, although I'd give the slight edge to Frank Dux's performance in the Kumite.
WTF does that have to do with Shannon Spake going to Fox idiot

Always love the blowhards getting all bent out of shape bc JORDAN, MAGIC AND LARRY WERE THE ULTIMATE COMPETITORS & DID IT THE REAL WAY.

Ummm...

The Showtime Lakers had 2 other Hall of Famer's in Kareem and Worthy plus the best of the best role players in Scott, Perkins, and Cooper.

Bird played along 2 other Hall of Famers in McHale & Parrish. DJ & Ainge ain't chopped liver to boot.

Jordan got to play with Pippen & Rodman. Both Hall of Famers and one could argue that Rodman is the greatest rebounder of all time and one of the best low post defenders ever. Pippen is one of the best small forwards to ever play and one of the best wing defenders in the history of the game.

BUT KD & LEBRON SHOULDVE STAYED PUT AND DONE IT ALL THEMSELVES!!1

Shew bright lights, good buzz, one handed slams on the heads of those baby blue touch boys. I hope we work the kinks out early this year but regardless Vegas will definitely not suck leading up to that one on the 17th of December.

Always love the blowhards getting all bent out of shape bc JORDAN, MAGIC AND LARRY WERE THE ULTIMATE COMPETITORS & DID IT THE REAL WAY.

Ummm...

The Showtime Lakers had 2 other Hall of Famer's in Kareem and Worthy plus the best of the best role players in Scott, Perkins, and Cooper.

Bird played along 2 other Hall of Famers in McHale & Parrish. DJ & Ainge ain't chopped liver to boot.

Jordan got to play with Pippen & Rodman. Both Hall of Famers and one could argue that Rodman is the greatest rebounder of all time and one of the best low post defenders ever. Pippen is one of the best small forwards to ever play and one of the best wing defenders in the history of the game.

BUT KD & LEBRON SHOULDVE STAYED PUT AND DONE IT ALL THEMSELVES!!1

There were 23 teams in the NBA back then. Of course, talent was more concentrated. It was also more concentrated for their opponents. Bird, Magic, Thomas, Jordan- NONE of those guys went hunting for an easier route to the title. They sure as F didn't join a rival or the team who just beat them. Golden State arguably has four of the best 12-15 players in the league right now.

Agreed, though. Would've been better if Magic just teamed up with Bird after they lost the first time. They would've won 10 straight!!! Jordan could've joined the Pistons- how awesome would that have been?????

<------------Hoping the Warriors go undefeated solely because of Chad and 73.

Well, that's pretty silly, considering it wouldn't bother me at all if the Warriors went undefeated. I don't dislike them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT