ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to pick my battles. My wife binge-shopping for replacement pillows isn't one I'm willing to fight. I just fart in them every so often so I can blame her inevitable pink eye on the over-abundance of pillows she has.

Your version of "unnecessary" and hers were different, I'm assuming?

My definition was "Has a human being placed any body part on this object for comfort in the last 6 months?"

I thought that was more forgiving than I should have been.

This was years ago but it was like 6 trash bags full or something ridiculous.

Don't care about decorative pillows but I sleep with at least 4 well broken in pillows.

This guy doesn't even need 4 pillows. Sheesh.

f3a10202a63b724806c8dd7e92936d3f.jpg

Reactions: domino79
I find it ironic that Charles Barkley is all hurt over KD going to the GSW when he himself twice demanded trades so that he could win championships.

There's a large contingent of guys in the office with kids always hocking popcorn/frozen cookie dough/girl scout cookies/spirit cards and it's an unwritten rule that we support each other to help little Johnny/Suzy hit their quota. I mean we're in sales, it's bad juju not dropping 30 bucks for a tin of caramel corn. That being said it's funny as hell to listen to the mumbling as people come in and out of the break room when a new sign up sheet hits the table.

Cumberland was insane this past weekend and has been strong all year. It's back to early '00s type of activity. Now if the old hometown could pull it's head out of it's ass and go wet and collect a little extra revenue that would be awesome.

Heading to Santa Rosa Beach in a week and a half with the in-laws. I'll be laying up and hahahaha if there's a line drawn in the sand I'm sure it'll be over something stupid.

Cumberland was insane this past weekend and has been strong all year. It's back to early '00s type of activity. Now if the old hometown could pull it's head out of it's ass and go wet and collect a little extra revenue that would be awesome.

Jamestown Marina now has a tap room with 20 beers on tap. You can now tie up your boat up, get out, and be 10 steps from a full service bar. Never thought I'd see the day.

Reactions: anon_aawvduncd4ay0
I find it ironic that Charles Barkley is all hurt over KD going to the GSW when he himself twice demanded trades so that he could win championships.

Apples and oranges. KD just jumped aboard the bandwagon of the team who knocked his team out. It's pretty easy to see why KD is being criticized here.

My kids sell those awful candy bars. We get a couple extra boxes and I leave them out at work. They're gone and my kids win prizes every time.

Non-Profit!

Chad mentioned this ages ago, and got crushed, but you know who is still super dope and seems to get better every year? Rachel Nichols. Girl is stacked. She is real good. :100points:

The KD argument is so stupid.

Go look at all the Goats and who they played with. It's just like a 6th 5* recruit choosing to play at UK any given year instead of "making a mark" somewhere on his own -- Malik Newman 'kept it real' though, real dumb. Worked out great.

He's been in OKC (and Seattle) for a decade and made that entire program from scratch. He's more than earned the opportunity to go somewhere else -- but, he's supposed to pick a shitty or decent team, just not a good one? Lol, ok.

- I expect the best to be a little better than taking the easy way out to win a championship. Durant could've tried to persevere, but he jumped on the biggest bandwagon in town. I don't expect this for JR Smith, but yes, I do expect one of the 3 best players in the league to want to beat the best instead of joining his rivals like a bitch.

What if Mike Jordan would've just said, "you know what- beating the Pistons is hard. I'll just sign with them next year."

Sports is different.

- I have no problem saying NO...except to my F'ing girlfriend, obviously. :mad:

Kevin Durant is a smart mothertoucher. Anyone arguing otherwise picks up dog poop barehanded and keeps his pecker in a mason jar under the sink.

Troof.

College and pros are completely different.

It's not like Durant was leaving a bad situation (like Charles Barkley @ Philly). He probably had the best team this year and likely would've had the best team next year in OKC.

But I guess he just wanted to stack the deck some more.

Probably had the best team this year at 55-27 and the 3 seed out West?

That's an interesting way to look at it, for sure.

They were up 3-1 on Golden State, lost in 7, who lost in 7 to the Cavs. It was razor thin, but I've heard quite a few analysts contend they were the best this year.

Beside the point, anyway. I want my pro superstars to be a little more competitive than to just jump on their rivals' bandwagon because its easier.

Also hilarious how a few weeks ago the Warriors were "exposed", just a shiny/gunning team full of punks, no defense, no big men, overrated, etc.

Now, they add a 2nd Hall of Famer to the roster, and it's out of control unfair pussy bullshit. LOL.

Durant isn't an alpha, as evidenced by relinquishing his OWN team to Westbrook.

Reactions: LadyCat92
If the goal is to win championships, why not maximize your chances at doing such? Durant had the exceedingly rare opportunity to go play for the best team in the league AND that team was in a position financially to get him. The stars aligned and now he gets to play for the most gifted offensive team in history.

I mean, yeah, KD is making $200-300M over the next several years just to wear Swoosh shoes. If he wants to take a flyer and "only" make $25M or so for the next year or two to play basketball on a certain team, what an idiot I guess.

They can all do what they want - the real 'issue', if there is one, is that with big shoe deals and salaries being so out of control with the cap jumping so quickly... unlike most of us, the question of "how much money can I make to do this job" isn't a big issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT