ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those more DIY-esque than me. My toilet won't stop running. It's not a continuous thing. It happens every 5 minutes or so and will then run for 30 seconds and then stop. Flushes fine. I've replaced the flapper, pump and handle.

Question for those more DIY-esque than me. My toilet won't stop running. It's not a continuous thing. It happens every 5 minutes or so and will then run for 30 seconds and then stop. Flushes fine. I've replaced the flapper, pump and handle.
Do you have a dog? Sometimes that will happen if you have a dog and the fix is murder.

It's all ball bearings nowadays. Prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.

Sounds like the flapper valve to me.

Ours was doing the same thing and I replaced that seal and it has been fine since.

Or it could be that your toilet is in shock from the changes brought about by you actually eating grown up food from time to time now and the sudden presence of feminine hygiene products.

One last possibility is related to pets. Do you have a dog? He could be drinking out of the toilet causing water levels to drop considerably.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
A random and unlikely thought:

I hope Golden State plays Durant a touch ton of minutes at the four and five, just so Calipari has to at least give more and more lip service to a "positionless" squad focused on shooting.

Hey chad just wait until you're married man your wife will expect you to be a licensed plumber, hvac man, electrician, lawyer, mechanic and every other goddamn profession on the planet and she'll criticize your manhood for not being all of these things WHY HAVENT YOU POPPED THE QUESTION YET

-Taking the family on a trip down the PCH next July. Land in SF, fly home from San Diego. Two weeks. Hoping to mix in at least one ballpark(not Oakland). Have never looked more forward to a trip than this one.

-This is the day every year when I think I'd like to catch some Wimbledon action. Then I realize that 90 percent of top men's players are Euros I've never heard of so nah. Pretty cool to still see some 80's/90's greats in the game as coaches, etc., but only reinforces how bland the current crop seems, outside of Fed/Raf/Murray.

-"I Don't Care if I Never Get Back" is a fun baseball read. Two college buddies, 30 games in 30 MLB ballparks in 30 days.

-Always look forward to the Peach Jam coverage by local recruiting writers. This is the month when hardcore college basketball recruitniks seem to pare down their favorites for who they want Cal to land. I'm still on the fence about Quade Green vs. Trae Young, Jarrod Vanderbilt vs. P.J. Washington, Hamidou Diallo vs. Gary Trent, etc. Such a huge net this year, will be interested to see where Cal spends most of his time. And just as interesting to me as the elite kids are those second-tier kids that Cal will need to fill out the class, like Scruggs/Wilkes out of IN, and maybe even Hollingsworth out of Dunbar. Gotta have those guys almost as badly, because the cupboard will be as bare as ever after next year.

-Dad's Favorites always hits the spot for lunch. Never been to the downtown location, headed that way shortly.

I decided to review my bank statement to see how much of my income goes to the bar and then calculate that for what I'm spending over the year.

I don't reccomend doing this.

Other things that women behave as if they were free:
  • Hair, makeup, and brides maid's dresses
  • Dog food (the lady has never bought a dog anything less than filet mignon, pelletized)
  • Charity purchases from kids (touch you, Boy Scout popcorn)
  • Et cetera

I have a hard time giving anyone shit about how much $$$ they spend on drinks, as that would be hypocritical and I like drunk people. That said, I do wish the old lady could mix in a $4 beer every once in a while.

73 or Booker, do your little guys have a Swerve Ball? Looks like mixed reviews online but their commercial makes them look awesome.

We have blitz ball. The ball is a little bit harder so it does not deform. We had a all star team picnic and the kids played 3+ hours and all 3 balls were fine.

wcc, I love you, and I'm sure your girl is awesome, but if a $9 glass of wine is your tipping point....

:grimace::grimace::grimace:

....you may need to do a hard eval of the sitch. Just sayin, bro.

There's got to be a stretch of South American coastline from Chile to Aruba that does not have super bacteria and crap in it. Wouldn't the Olympics committee just say, "you know, in the interest of everyone's health we're going to make a change"? All the other whining is just a money grab from the police and mayor, but this one is an actual problem.

I thought booze was the great bill expander, but I'm now coming to grips with the "children deciding to eat like grown-ass men" phenomenon.

Yeah, water is an absolute necessary. We rarely order drinks out with the kids, and the kids only get drinks when it is a part of their fixed meal price. Lots and lots and lots of water.

My oldest child ate something called "Garbage Plate" at my Father's Day brunch in Charleston that I'm pretty sure I would've struggled to take down.

My wife insists on ordering healthy sides for the kids or changing their actual meals to something that she thinks sounds healthier. The problem is that it usually makes it more expensive and they never touching eat it.

"Darlin', I appreciate the fact that you don't want the kids to be fat like their Daddy. I really do. But right now, they are a couple of tiny little bean poles and a couple of pieces of real bacon with their single pancake is not going to suddenly turn them into a couple of sumo wrestlers. They freaking love bacon. They refused to eat the turkey bacon the last 3 times you've substituted it. What makes you think this time will be different?"

"No, I didn't call you stupid."

"Yes, I realize that you are in very good shape for being 45."

"No, I didn't mean that. Hell, you are in great shape for a 35 or 25 year old."

"Touch it. Give me the damn turkey bacon. I'll eat it. Kids, stop crying. We'll get you a McDonald's smoothie on the way home."

My wife isn't and never will be spoiled by me but every now and then she just loses her mind. She knows she married a cheap mofo. That said, went to buy a recliner, ended up with a good price w/ up-charges fabric protecting or warranty until the saleshen henpecked me.

You need pillows.

Um...no, we have 45 GD pillows. That's accurate because I count them every time I throw them off of furniture to sit down.

Saleshen drops color scheme, brightening the space and other HGTV nomenclature that left no doubt as to why she's 60 and single.

$140 for two pillows. One hundred and f'ing forty dollars for two pillows you could buy at any Hens R' Us store for $20. So I say this, best of luck, WCC.

I'm a huge fan of Veep also. I feel that the White House is exactly how they portray it on there.

Veep is my favorite show right now...a lot of Washington insiders have said that it's the most accurate political show running.

Curious as to where they take the show from here after this season's finale.

Jonah Ryan is the most hilarious character currently on television.

I thought booze was the great bill expander, but I'm now coming to grips with the "children deciding to eat like grown-ass men" phenomenon.
I've always enjoyed taking my nephew out to lunch to get him our of the house a bit and try to make sure someone talks to him about sports and stuff rather than just star wars. Now that he's in middle school and eating like some type of horse-child, i've opted to include my father in law in those outings as he will grab the bill.

In those situations i've perfected the (slowly reaches for wallet as FIL grabs the check) "I'll get that, oh ok you got it this time" [smoke]

Touch pillows.

Touch every single one of those damn things. If they have sequins, I hope they get dry butt raped by Shane Diesel.

I once took an afternoon off work and gathered up all the unnecessary pillows in the house and gave them to Goodwill without asking for permission.

It was not well-received on the homefront but I've yet to have to deal with that problem a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT