ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
qZDJISY.gif

-In that case I suggest a nice tight beard. Goatee is nearing mullet territory for me. I bet you'd be fine clean shaven though. Or chin implant.

-Shoe guys, anyone have experience with M.Gemi? Not in the market yet for work loafs but they've been popping up in my feed. Get really solid reviews, handmade Italian, clean look and mostly <$200. Granted at that price range I can just grab some AEs and guaranteed to be satisfied.

-Little dude is standing up without assistance these days and accidentally taking a half step. I fear the time b/w now and learning what "yes" and "no" mean.

^I was driving through Cincinnati last week and did not realize that was still on the air. I mean how is it still on the air?

Speaking of, going to see Captain America tonight at the Movie Tavern with 3 other dads.

GYERO clearly inspired me. Pretty excited. Big fan of the Marvel Universe they've done. (Eff you Zach Snyder)

Reactions: 12 Oz. Epilogue
Speaking of, going to see Captain America tonight at the Movie Tavern with 3 other dads.

GYERO clearly inspired me. Pretty excited. Big fan of the Marvel Universe they've done. (Eff you Zach Snyder)
make sure you keep seats between all of you and make no eye contact. I wouldn't even speak to each other while inside the theater building. That's the Dad Night way.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
Something about the month of May makes my fellow colleagues lose their damned minds when it comes to pyramid schemes. I guess once scheduling, end of year duties, new strategies, and whatever else runs its course, we all have to find something to totally immerse ourselves in to before summer ball starts. For many, it's how to make a little extra $.

About once every 3-4 years, something new comes along and "we're totally getting in on the ground floor with this. Once we corner the market here in Turkey Neck Bend, watch it spread all the way over to Monkeytown, then to this area of the county, and then we'll have County Seat with a population of 3,000 in on it . . . then when it hits Texas, BOOM! We'll all have private jets and man made island." People actually believe this stuff. Who are these people?

I've had to listen to pitches on Zija, Market America, Advocare, and now (from the founding fathers of Bitcoin, apparently) something called Saivian. Do you shop for groceries? Buy gas? Would you like to get money back each time you pay for these daily necessities? Then do we have a deal for you! And so it goes.

Hell, I even remember during my second year of college at Lilndsey Wilson, my roomies invited some shady dudes up into our little apartment do to a sales pitch on Excel phone services. I believe it was in May because I was studying for a final and I was pissed at my roommates at the time (DORK!). They actually thought they would be able to quit school and make 100K a month just like the guy that started it up. Dumbasses.

Jokes on me, I guess. I'm just an ordinary, blue collar man that lives comfortably doing what I like, and that's enough for me. I may get to eat at a fancy restaurant only once a year, but I'm good.

Also had a college roommate try to get us sold on the phone services scheme during spring semester my senior year. Actually tried to convince a few of us to get the entire fraternity signed up in one fell swoop. I think it was selling phone cards or some ish- but obviously the real money is in growing your "team"!

Funny story- the guy who set up the meeting a) didn't appreciate my "tell me why this isn't a Ponzi scheme?" question during Q&A, b) got involved in politics after graduation and c) got convicted of some fraud or campaign related violation a few years later. Well I guess that story isn't so much "funny" as it is "inevitable".

make sure you keep seats between all of you and make no eye contact. I wouldn't even speak to each other while inside the theater building. That's the Dad Night way.

You can't really do that if you go to Regal, especially on opening night. They have reserved seating and you just click the seat on Fandango. If you leave empty spots, then someone else just reserves the damned seat.

Trying to remember the name of the big pyramid scheme in the mid-90's...knew several people that were in to it...Vector?

Make sure to mark your calender's for the 2016 Coaches for Kids event at Mt Brilliant Farm. The date of the event is July 23rd and starts at 6pm. This is the big bourbon and cigar social that Rich Brooks started years ago and has become one of our favorite nights of the year. It's basically a guys night with all of the Football coaching staff, former players, big name bourbon distillers, top notch food being served, and a steady supply of hand rolled cigars.

Hope to see a few more of you guys out there this year.

Cutco knives. Vector Marketing. Only way they want you to buy the knives. Usually hire only college kids.

And they had a kid behind a Cutco display at Costco last week. Felt sorry for her.

Yeah, I remember going to one of those interviews and thinking, this is the dumbest idea ever...lolz.

I think the pyramid scheme I'm thinking of might have been something else...

Make sure to mark your calender's for the 2016 Coaches for Kids event at Mt Brilliant Farm. The date of the event is July 23rd and starts at 6pm. This is the big bourbon and cigar social that Rich Brooks started years ago and has become one of our favorite nights of the year. It's basically a guys night with all of the Football coaching staff, former players, big name bourbon distillers, top notch food being served, and a steady supply of hand rolled cigars.

Hope to see a few more of you guys out there this year.

I would pay double if this event was at the end of the football season. Been fun to watch you light your cigar with your season tickets. [winking]

It was a really fun night. We were all drinking the koolaid.

I went to one of those cutco knives hiring extravaganzas my freshman year of college. Went to it based on the flyer "MAKE $13 AN HOUR".

Walked out as soon as they said we had to buy the knives and use those as our demos. Guy was pretty adamant that I was walking out on a great opportunity. Lol

Excel had the long distance market covered for South Central Kentucky. And then Carrot Top and his 1-800-COLLECT technology made it obsolete making him the 2nd most despised muscled up Ginger in the state (roguemurse) :eyes:

Amway - mom and step dad did a bit of this...made a little coin but not enough to make the hassle of parties/ordering/inventory worth it.

Maximum benefits company - college buddy got involved here and showed me a pay stub for $157. Seemed like a no brainer, right! Just buy in for $499 and you too can make your own hours and control your financial destiny!

I have a FB "friend" that is all in on Zija, like a fulltime gig and not just on-the-side hobby to his real job. Anyway, I find his feed fascinating...he is constantly at some sort of conference or meet-and-greet doing endless selfies and testimonials. All I can think is, what the hell is there to meet and conference about for days on end in regards to a diet supplement? Do you need 12 speakers for 3 straight days to basically say, "can you sell more of this crap? Okay do that."?

Those conferences have nothing to do with the actual product and are full of inspirational and motivational speakers. Basically just big pep rallies.

I would pay double if this event was at the end of the football season. Been fun to watch you light your cigar with your season tickets. [winking]

It was a really fun night. We were all drinking the koolaid.

Guy in front of me at Commonwealth just let me know he isn't renewing. Looks like I will probably be adding 4 more season tickets to the 7 I already have.

Reactions: drxman1
I need 1.25 ethics credits of CLE for this year. :rolleyes:

Pretty much *every* program only has 1.0 hours. Gonna be a minor pain in the ass to collect that extra 15 minutes of ethics somewhere.

Reactions: BradentonCatFan
I mean, I have to say based on my friends, 80% retention of season tickets seems a bit high.

Excel was big but there was also one called Destiny telecom that a lot of the coaches in WKY were slinging in the mid 90's. Their up line guy was Martin Newton, son of CM.

Reactions: Mashburned
Destiny might be it, seem to recall it was like phone cards or soemthing. I remember that guy Dwayne that owned Powerhouse was into it; he'd be recruiting people in the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT