ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
*I love giving Doc hell as much as the next person, but I don't see much wrong with his steak eating. If you can afford it, and are okay with any potential health consequences, have at it. It can't be much worse than binge drinking.

*Favorite brand of Khakis? Obviously, they must be flat front rather than pleated. It's also imperative that they be non-iron/wrinkle free.

Personally, Van Heusen seems to fit me best. Most of the others I have seem way too baggy.

Oh man, when he gets back, he's going to be just like the sorority chicks who just got back from a semester abroad. Yikes.

Its going to be awful. The dude just went to Vegas for the first time in his life 9 months ago and he acted like he was Bugsy Siegel when most of us in here have been nearly a half dozen to a dozen times. His post-Europe write-up may require me to put him on ignore for a few days.

Oh man, when he gets back, he's going to be just like the sorority chicks who just got back from a semester abroad. Yikes.

[laughing] This reminded me of "Third World Mission Trip Girl" who comes back and immediately makes her Facebook/Tinder profile pic one of her and some child from Ghana. It's one of my Top 5 favorite types of humblebraggadocio.

--MILLY BAYS HERE --

LIFE GOT YOU DOWN?

Here at Personal Missions we can change that. For a small required donation, we can arrange travel for you to visit a depressing third world Central American country. Nothing in this world will make you feel better about your own life than watching children with distended abdomens drink water from a contaminated ditch. Don't just do what Jesus would do. BE JESUS, and become their savior. Bring the Lord to these poor godless souls. Help build a school. Help build a road. Teach them to make pizza. Your deeds will help them, but more importantly, YOU. The real joy will be gained in your heart. You will feel better about yourself. You will become thankful for what you have back in America. By saving others you can save yourself. Call us today for a free estimate.

*Giving indigents your shoes will result in bonus grace. Shoes provided for an additional $99.95. Shoes must be ordered at time of booking and are nonrefundable.

Reactions: drxman1 and WettCat
tumblr_nled7eakgc1r87s9xo1_400.gif

Barely recognized Joel Kinnaman (Holder from "The Killing") in House of Cards. How is this dude not a movie star by now? He's tremendous.

I'm too old and out of the game to have ever used Tinder, but is the profile pic of the girl with a Haitian kid a promising sign or a red flag?

I can see it going both ways.

Ironically rich liberal. Likely drives a hybrid luxury SUV.

Duh.

But worth it or will she try to drag you to a literary reading rehearsal and then cry because you didn't pay enough attention, or something? That's the question.

Last edited:
There are only two instances in my life that I could say I visited places that I felt humbled to be at the first being Dachau Concentration camp and the second was Omaha Beach. Neither of which were life changing though and certainly not Facebook changing (if that were a thing back then).

In the process of planning a driving trip through/around Costa Rica for next year.

Per GYERO, no natives will be helped for the duration of the excursion.

Reactions: Hankshaker
100% chance he's already emailed wcc saying sitcoms suck, and Anne Frank was terrible in Parks and Recreation.

Reactions: wcc31
One reason we don't typically get more new posters these days: 85% of all posts are subtle references to years-old arguments, posts, exchanges, etc... It would be pretty tough to follow half the shit posted on here if you haven't been her for a minimum of 5 years.

Reactions: Century Cat
For chinos/khakis, it's hard to beat Banana Republic. I wear the Aiden Fit. They have four different cuts for all levels of dadbod.

-Lol completely nailed the mission trip/study abroad chick. Granted I kinda pulled the same stunt after a mission trip to Guatemala. Still a really great humbling experience even if I made it somewhat selfish.

-I eat steak typically once per week. Mostly at home though. I think what Bob meant to say is he eats red meat at least 2x's per week which means he typically eats it more. TS, confirmed by his lass. Once a month or 3-4 times per year? Come on. Throw a steak on the grill, you can get a flat iron that will feed 3 people for like $20.

-Khaki's = Polo, Vines, etc.

-Giro d'Italia week and Tour of California :cool2: The boys getting geared up for TDF.

-The trainwreck stay at home mommy pyramid scheme sales ladies are my hatboggan on Facebook. TS. Worship.

Reactions: catholic_back
Thing is, I rarely eat fast food. Like its a last ditch option for me. The weeks I work, typically a banana and coffee for breakfast, salad for lunch, and then a grilled meat (steak, chicken, pork, or salmon) and veggies for dinner. The weeks I'm off or go on vacation, total crapshoot, so obviously I stay husky.

Despite my worship of beef, I don't often eat burgers. I mean, I like them, but nowhere close to a big juicy delicious steak.

Happy for Adrian, be interesting him to hear him come back and start name dropping chefs other than Kenji.

Barely recognized Joel Kinnaman (Holder from "The Killing") in House of Cards. How is this dude not a movie star by now? He's tremendous.
How did you barely recognize him? I mean he's wearing different clothes but he looks pretty much the same.

Does Adrian know who Anne Frank was? Did he assume the Anne Frank house was a wodie little bistro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT