ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never understood why states and eventually the FDA banned drinks like Four Loko and Sparks...when aren't drinks like Vodka Redbull and Jaeger Bombs the same thing...only with higher alcohol content?

Vodka Redbull and Jaeger Bombs don't come prepackaged do they? I'd say having to mix those drinks yourself has a lot to do with it.

I can get a prescription for Oxy and a prescription for morphine, but I'm pretty sure the FDA would not approve the two standard doses being combined together and sold as one. Not a perfect analogy, but you know what I mean.

- first time at the Oaks this weekend. Liked it much better than Derby. Perfect weather and people watching.

- Saturday our normal Derby party go-to was canceled so sat in the backyard while the grill warmed up, came inside to watch the race, went back out to cook dinner and relaxed. Rest of the house was in bed asleep at 9:30 so went out to go see a late showing of Civil War. I was in a big theater but I'm guess at least half the crowd was dads my age there by themselves for 2 1/2 hours of peace and quiet and super hero action. My whole row definitely hit that bill. This is a full on trend/demographic and I think we need to pounce on it. "Dad's Night"- Tuesday night showings at theaters, drink and snack specials, and when there's not a new popcorn flick, re-show some of the 80's/90's action flicks. Profit.

- Liked the movie. Kinda bummed that it was more grown up- I know my 6 and 8 year old would love the Spider Man and Ant-Man parts but a lot of the rest of it might be too dark- at least for a theater trip. Hopefully the Spider Man movie they're making is a little lighter.

"Although both kids have seen Han Solo get run through with a light saber several times and seem OK with it... so far..."

- Facebook cracks me up when I see who I have mutual friends with. Especially when it's GYERO and non-GYERO collides.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Tony's would be the only one I could justify.

I mean, you're looking at an extra $50 to what another nice place would cost for 2. Dudley's, Cole's, Distilled, Merrick, Sabio... and its really in the steak.

You could easily blow the same amount at Malone's for their high end steaks, which are not quite as good, imho.

The steak I had at Blue Heron was decent. They cooked it perfect to temperature, but somebody's needs to teach that chef how to season, sucker was bland as hell. Salt and pepper FTW. Their side item selection was disappointing. Easy way they could improve. But overall the place is a pretty good deal. I mean, 40oz Porterhouse for two, includes 4 sides (salad considered a side) for $59 is a heck of a deal.

Last edited:
I can buy 20 delicious large baconator combos from Wendy's for what it costs to eat at one of those places. But...

kermitloko_zps5bfgtx4q.jpg

Took down about a dozen domestos at a buddy's house for the race and then called it a night. Drinking is so much fun.

Reactions: anthonys735
Rest of the house was in bed asleep at 9:30 so went out to go see a late showing of Civil War. I was in a big theater but I'm guess at least half the crowd was dads my age there by themselves for 2 1/2 hours of peace and quiet and super hero action. My whole row definitely hit that bill. This is a full on trend/demographic and I think we need to pounce on it. "Dad's Night"- Tuesday night showings at theaters, drink and snack specials, and when there's not a new popcorn flick, re-show some of the 80's/90's action flicks. Profit.

Would "Dad's Night" be open to non-dads whose wives hate comic book movies?

The old Movie Tavern theater is for sale. Pretty sure doing an Alamo Drafthouse knockoff there would work. Good booze, more upscale food - I think it would work.

There would also be an "80s Kidz Night," where dads can bring their kids to horribly inappropriate 80s movies - just like your dads did back in the day. Not sure if your kid is ready for "The Thing"? Well, you won't know unless you let him/her see it for themselves.

And don't forget "Gals' Night." Each gal is paired up with a male employee who is ready to pretend to listen to her when she starts asking questions/jabbering inanely just when a good part of the movie is getting ready to happen.

My dad had me watching Mel Brooks' movies and Smokey and the Bandit when I was a kid and I'm worried about someone calling Captain America a son of a bitch before he explodes.

The old Movie Tavern theater is for sale. Pretty sure doing an Alamo Drafthouse knockoff there would work. Good booze, more upscale food - I think it would work.
They turned the theater in Brannon Crossing into a Movie Tavern. I've tried to go to a movie twice since it changed, and the showing was sold out for the day both times. Not so many seats, I guess.

My dad had me watching Mel Brooks' movies and Smokey and the Bandit when I was a kid and I'm worried about someone calling Captain America a son of a bitch before he explodes.
No sh*t. We were all in on Rocky/Rambo/Platoon/Beverly Hills Cop/Lethal Weapon growing up. They'll be just fine if they see a few dead bodies and learn some cuss words. Just think about the things you knew when you were in 3rd-4th grade.

BTW, great idea with Dad's night. I'm cool with letting CC in because he's eventually going to be a dad. The board would need to discuss a few of the other ruffians. Gotta be careful with a blanket invite around these parts. I've personally witnessed the downside to that.

-Tony's is great, cool atmosphere, best food in town. Lexington needed something like that. It's also extremely expensive. We've been 4 times, iirc, since it opened. So it's not like we're eating there once a month like Bob.

-I personally hate when it's 65 and overcast. Give me 22 and snow in mid January.

-Ok, healthy starts at dinner. Had a hardcore Monday after Derby hankering for Mousetrap. Good call, chicken and dumplins as the soup of the day. Word.

Are we sure Bolden is even going to college in the fall? Maybe he's decided to work at the local carwash for a year before putting his name in the draft.

Reactions: CoolCat45
Are we sure Bolden is even going to college in the fall? Maybe he's decided to work at the local carwash for a year before putting his name in the draft.

I know this theory may be a little tough to wrap your head around, but I'm guessing he knows where he wants to go, but is waiting for a scholarship to open up. I'm thinking the school he wants to attend still has two guys up in the air with regards to the NBA. Just a shot in the dark.

Love Silicon Valley but I'm ready to see them get a big win. The screw up for 9 episodes only to be saved in the last one format is getting a little stale. The skunkworks project would have been fun to watch over the rest of the season. It seems that has been nipped in the bud though.

Tony's would be the only one I could justify.

I mean, you're looking at an extra $50 to what another nice place would cost for 2. Dudley's, Cole's, Distilled, Merrick, Sabio... and its really in the steak.

You could easily blow the same amount at Malone's for their high end steaks, which are not quite as good, imho.

The steak I had at Blue Heron was decent. They cooked it perfect to temperature, but somebody's needs to teach that chef how to season, sucker was bland as hell. Salt and pepper FTW. Their side item selection was disappointing. Easy way they could improve. But overall the place is a pretty good deal. I mean, 40oz Porterhouse for two, includes 4 sides (salad considered a side) for $59 is a heck of a deal.

4 references to steaks in one post, including a 40 oz PH, plus named eight (8) restaurants that serve it. Impressive.

I'm actually headed to the most Doc Boat place in NYC tonight - The Strip House. It's an upscale steak place - called THE STRIP HOUSE!!

His insistence on prolonging the bottom only goatee is what really irks me. Now he's "recommending" GYERO to all his Facebook friends. Telling one of my best friends to "die in a fire." Guy is drastically overrated.

Thing is- I was just trying to spread some knowledge, too. I was trying to help him out- keep him from sounding so stupid.

Reactions: anthonys735
His insistence on prolonging the bottom only goatee is what really irks me.

It's born of necessity, really. I've got a fat face and a weak chin, so I have to disguise it a little bit. Sort of like a small breasted girl wearing a super padded bra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT