ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluejean length comes in every damn inch. If you're getting length taylored, you're just a pretentious asshole that is doing it to show off. Which is why Anth does 90% of the stuff he does.
TAILORED.

Pretentious. That's cute. Touche, Mr Prospect Yeit cooler hardcore outdoorsman. Next time I need help with layering my 3/4 zips before a hunt I'll give you a shout.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
* 2 houses in my neighborhood have sold in less than a day in the past few weeks. Impressive.

This isn't always a good thing. In middle TN, the values are rising rapidly. If a Realtor uses comps from the past six months it will cost their client thousands. You should be listing the home 2-3% more than the highest comp in the neighborhood in this market.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
I can see getting jeans tailored if you're shorter. I'm a little over 6 ft and I usually wear 31 or 32 in the length, and like BBdK said you rarely see anything shorter than 30 in the stores.

Doesn't make it any less fun to make fun of someone for though.

Speaking of points games: (Non Professional Point Racker Uppers)

San Diego in July:
Flight: SW, only cost was the fee
Hotels: Hyatt Mission bay three nights, Marriott Pier South Resort three nights, and Hilton San Diego bay front for one.

All the moving sounds shitty, but my wife will have things packed out the night before we check out. The plan is to do our full day outings the days we check out so the check in time won't affect our plans.

Having said that...with all the "free" accommodations, this trip is still going to be $$$.

Good stuff this morning, GYERO.

Am starting to wonder if we'll ever get Beavis, fylm, AGS, etc back in the fold just a bit.

*Squeezed in 9 holes this morning...being between jobs isn't all bad. You're gonna pay me for two weeks, then pay my 3 weeks vacation to work 3-4 hours a day? OK.

*Levi's 513 for dad. I tried some of the more expensive/designer brands of jeans. I mean, they're nice, but not worth 2-4x the cost of America's jean brand.

*Rundown on Doc Crow's? Heading there with 15-18 Monday night. Reservations made.

This isn't always a good thing. In middle TN, the values are rising rapidly. If a Realtor uses comps from the past six months it will cost their client thousands. You should be listing the home 2-3% more than the highest comp in the neighborhood in this market.

It's good for me. I moved here 2 years ago and hope to be here at least another 30.

My house is currently valued at $60k more than I paid for it. If it was a baseball card, that would be a good thing, no?

The more GYERO types that move in and the less Rafters types, the better. I only want neighbors who are crushing it in their fields. And college cheerleaders.

Doc Crow's is pretty solid for a group. I'd ask to sit in the back with the group you have going.

Drinks:
Solid selection of local beers.

Food:
Oysters are solid
I'd go with the Smokehouse Sampler - Get a bit of everything. Catfish platter is pretty dope too.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
Am starting to wonder if we'll ever get Beavis, fylm, AGS, etc back in the fold just a bit.

*Levi's 513 for dad. I tried some of the more expensive/designer brands of jeans. I mean, they're nice, but not worth 2-4x the cost of America's jean brand.

I've banged Beavis over the head but he's a stubborn old SOB. No idea what his issue is. Maybe I'll ask JDrum.

-I just stalk RLL and Gilt and get 7 "slimmy" jeans for 60-70ish. No hate for Levi, I just like this particular cut and they don't look like bell-bottoms.

*have multiple pairs of loafs and a couple pairs of boots. Got my work boots (Justin Ropers) and my church boots (Dan Post Gators). Pretty standard here.

*Even with the last minute expenses, I'm still pretty pumped to be heading back to Derby. It's always been a big deal to my family. Had a lot of family that worked at Churchill and was able to spend a lot of time growing up out there, though more time spent on the backside than in the grandstand... Get in early evening Friday. Stop to see a few folks, feel the buzz in the Louisville atmosphere as it takes its rightful place in the worlds spotlight yet again. Late reservation at Le Moo bc that's about all we could get at this point. Act like an asshole at a few bars till the early morning. Early Saturday breakfast at my mothers with some extended family and friends before everyone heads to the track... Always sets up nice.

*My parents, after nearly 30 years of marriage had a pretty civilized divorce years back. Both kids were long gone out of the house and there wasn't much left to argue over. Except for the Derby and Oaks tickets. Neither budged on that , and after a few years of trying to alternate who got them- they finally gave them up bc of the annual arguments.

*Last interview was yesterday so should hear back next week. 3 weeks of no 9-5 and I'm on the verge of insanity.

*cleaned out my wife's grandparents attic last night and this morning. wife's grandfather had 10 years of Popular Mechanic magazines from decades ago, about a dozen random small engines he was tinkering with, God only knows how many sets of tools among other things. Was by all accounts a pretty special dude. Was a machinist that worked for the government. Did a lot of contract work for them on what was described as "innovative mechanics." All kinds of news clippings about machines he and his team were commissioned to construct. Pretty cool to see all that. Wish I knew him more when he was younger.

*UK saying football renews were near 80%? I know far more that got out than stayed in. Not sure the accuracy of that number.

I wear boot cut jeans, pull on work boots and like an under armour tee shirt/polo everyday. That's pretty dressy where I come from. HAVING SAID THAT I wear neon swim trunks and croc loafers when I'm off the clock so I feel like that's a good dad look

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Gyero seems to be way out in front of the ongoing housing bubble.
I got mine- made it through the inspection period on our old house relatively unscathed AND unlocked Cookie Kwan in "Tapped Out!" so if anyone wants some hot real estate takes COME GET SOME

Oyster happy hour is where it's at. Just stand there and bs with the shucker. He performs his craft and throws them out on the bartop in front of you. No tables, no plates. It's usually a real U-Tom kinda fella. Just shuckin and jivin.

By the way, there's a really popular pop up restaurant/food truck/caterer here called Two Girls One Shuck. They win.

:joy:

I just won an 80K job up in Jersey because the competition messed up their bid by 1/16" on their plywood quote.

It really is the little things I guess.

Reactions: B Rax
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT