ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

*Debating on Friday and Saturday or just Saturday.

*Speaking of, anyone have an extry ticket?

*Staycation sucks. 1st time I’ve been off a week and went nowhere. Bored as F.

*Deep dish pizza is pizza. I’m more of a thin crust, well done kind of guy myself, but I’ve had damn good Chicago style pies.

-Cal will be low on the hog in a couple years and pj will be out the league. Both will be crawling back to the good graces of the BBN.

-love da bears da city and da pizza. F the cubs and all you unlovable losers.

-hard knocks with da bears. Liking what I see from Caleb. Man I hope he can break the qb drought.

Everybody has had the Papa Johns in Gatlinburg, Pizza Hut is next level, you dolt. That went right over yours and Weak Sauce's head.
oh-sure-john-candy.gif

Reactions: Col. Angus
- Jasper isn't a ready-made star, but still....always good to see a (sorta) Woodford County kid wearing blue/white, and DEFINITELY good to see another homegrown boy in blue. So I'll celebrate appropriately.

- What I am NOT looking forward to is the superintendent speaking at the top of the presser. Dude isn't exactly known for eloquence. Prepare for some Garth Brooks lyrics to get mixed into whatever he says.

- Get Mullins, Tounde, Brown, and a big. See who comes back and use the portal for the rest. Profit.

- Hate losing Kyle Tucker. But I still love The Athletic. Great content, clean look, minimal ads. I'll keep paying (not full price) for it.

- Randomly thought back this morning to those great Fairdale teams of the early 90's. Jermaine Brown, Maurice Morris, Carlos Turner, Terry Jenkins manning the middle, Tony Wheat running the show. Everything about that team was cool. Even the pep band played bangers in Freedom Hall. Stan Hardin ran that thing like a maestro.

- Ran the light at Comedy Off Broadway the other night. Never happened in all the open mics I've done. Ad-libbed at the top and didn't adjust along the way, so the music kicked in and I didn't get to finish. Pretty embarrassing gang.

*Unpaid endorsement - real customer testimonal*

You've been trusting Bryant for your HVAC needs for years. Did you know, they can also take care of all of your electrician needs?

The same fantastic, friendly customer service, attention to detail and skilled workmanship is also available on the electrical side. And, their price is always fair and reasonable. (In many cases, even way beyond reasonable).

Anth, thanks buddy. You always take care of us and we greatly appreciate it!

* Book rec'o:

Hellhound On His Trail (Hampton Sides). Famous author, of course, but I never knew Sides wrote a book about MLK's assassin, and I had no clue James Earl Ray was an international man of mystery who lived under various aliases. Outstanding book.

* We've got bush.....

....Hamdan, and I really like this relationship. Run first guy who I think will get along well philosophically with Stoops. I think we're going to see the same play out of Vandagriff that we saw from Levis in his first (and much more productive season) in Lexington. As long as we don't let his CTE get in the way of our entertainment, I'll be happy.

* Nick Martinez has been one of the best free agent signings of the year, and it's a damn shame that he's got a player option for 2025. This dude is looking for a big time pay increase over the winter.

* Speaking of seasons, the lass and I are heading back home this weekend after another summer in the mountains. This past week has been high-30s in the morning and mid-60s during the day. Sunny and gorge.

* Puppies scent and fingers crossed for Jasper Johnson.

* The Cubs just keep on winning. Am I mad? No way. Their late season surge will only make their inevitable demise that much sweeter. Still 4.5 games back in the Wild Card, and I pray they get even closer before ultimately falling short. Because F them, that's why.

* Elly de la Cruz. My god, man. What a dude.

* FNMA is up 10.5% this year. Diamond hands.

Reactions: wcc31 and CSC81
- Randomly thought back this morning to those great Fairdale teams of the early 90's. Jermaine Brown, Maurice Morris, Carlos Turner, Terry Jenkins manning the middle, Tony Wheat running the show. Everything about that team was cool. Even the pep band played bangers in Freedom Hall. Stan Hardin ran that thing like a maestro.
Wasn't Jermaine Brown supposedly Darrell Griffith's son?

Everything about that team was cool except that it was from Fairdale. Nothing from Fairdale has ever been or will be cool.

- Ran the light at Comedy Off Broadway the other night. Never happened in all the open mics I've done. Ad-libbed at the top and didn't adjust along the way, so the music kicked in and I didn't get to finish. Pretty embarrassing gang.
That takes a set of taters to even attempt. Knucks.

I guess I don't live in a world where it is a realistic possibility that Jasper Johnson is going elsewhere this afternoon. Seems dumb to consider, tbh. (This post will probably make me look like a fool in a few hours.)

Last edited:
* Nick Martinez has been one of the best free agent signings of the year, and it's a damn shame that he's got a player option for 2025. This dude is looking for a big time pay increase over the winter.

He's a 34 year old semi-capable re-tread, nothing more. Signed for way too much this year and if he gets more than $14M then someone is a blithering moron.

You swung and missed as usual.

Those Tony Kimbro and Keith Williams Seneca teams was some pretty bad mother******* also. They beat our ass (MNHHS) in the L.I.T. (Louisville Invitational tournament) one year by 12. Kimbro walked in the gym wearing those red sunglasses with stars around them, Fans was chanting "1.7,1.7,1.7" which was his grad point average evidently. Felton Spencer for Eastern wearing his high top white Chuck Taylors was an odd site. I think it was 1985.

- I had to drive to Paducah yesterday. This Commonwealth is a beautiful state, and I love the varied landscapes you see as you pass through different regions, so road trips for work are always a little like a field trip for me. There's the rolling beauty of the Bluegrass, the wildness of the Daniel Boone, the views in Cumberland, the Riverfront, the Bourbon Trail, etc. etc. Pretty much wherever you go, you've got something pretty to look at while you drive.

...except the endless miles of NOTHING on the Western Kentucky Parkway. There is just nathan to see on the road between the turnoff from 65 until you get to Lake Barkley. I know plenty of fine people from that part of the state (including my grandpa's family) but goddamn. Unless someone can teleport me out to McCracken County, since it seems alright, I'd rather drive to Pikeville and back six times. I wanted to dive off the highway and put myself at the mercy of the inmates at Eddyville to avoid more driving.

- On a related note, the first "forbidden" consumable I want after I deliver this baby is a Monster. Or a Celsius. Or a Rockstar. Or a C4. I would have committed a felony for one yesterday.

I get the cold sweats just thinking about all of the trips I made back in the day back and forth between home and Lexington. I’d wait until around 10pm to leave and run 100mph most of the way slowing down only at Madisonvile, Beaver Dam, right outside E-Town and until I passed the 10 mile marker on the BGH.

I once got behind a state trooper around Madisonvile and followed him all the way to E-Town, making every move he made. Passing cars, speeding up, slowing down the whole way. He slammed on the brakes just before the end of the PKWY and as I went around him he pulled me over. Told him I was I was on my way back to UK for class and he gave me a stern talking to about tailgating and turn signal usage then let me go. I had a few sheets of LSD hidden in a text book on the back seat and my gf at the time in the passenger seat wouldn’t stop crying. That was a fun one.

Everything about that team was cool except that it was from Fairdale. Nothing from Fairdale has ever been or will be cool.
Hey, my dad and uncles all graduated from Fairdale. And obviously there were/are cool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT