ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

That's not true at all either. I make Chicago style pizza that, frankly, is just about as good as you get in Chicago. I can confidently say that because you don't need some fancy coal oven to get a similar taste.

Dough is normal thickness compared to say Dominos, but you put in a pie pan and pull it up over the side. Then you put cheese, toppings, more cheese, and then the sauce. The fact that you have depth from the pan which you fill with the toppings, cheese and sauce makes it thick.

In terms of ingredients there are two key differences: you put some butter in the dough which makes it a little flakier and you put slices of provolone as the first layer on top of the dough.

PS: Lasagna? There's no pasta in a f'ing Chicago style pizza. Stick to Mexican Pizza, Ron!

FFS Wayne I was making a joke about how thick deep dish pizza is. I don’t care for Detroit style either with its thick ass crust. Love thin crust personally. Found out theres a Columbus style pizza which is basically like Donatos where it’s a thin crust but cut into squares and the toppings go all the way to the edge so you have minimal plain crust - I actually really like that. Mexican pizza at Taco Bell was my go to order in HS and was delicious.

Chicago in general is amazing - love the Chicago Style Hot Dog at Portillos, Lou Malnati is my favorite deep dish, love the Chicago popcorn, Italian Beef sandwich, etc. The first ever trip I took with my wife (then gf of 3 months) was to Chicago. We had dinner one night at this steakhouse called Gene and Georgettis (sp?) and was just awesome, reminded me of the Godfather - had a 70 year old waiter in a tux serving us.

They have this nice little festival in Chicago every year called “Taste of Chicago” that is just one of hundreds of things to do in Chicago in the summer.

Have family in Chicago and my sister lived there for 10 years. Flew up every weekend for years and partied on Rush St. and also Armitage. The Playboy Club was right out her back door. Place called Ultimate Sports Bar and Grill was just down the block and I frequented it often. Had tables set up in a boxing ring for a nice touch.

Not doing a DNA test in Chicago either.🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: CSC81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT