ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- BBdK is so weird.

- Looks like Booker's stock is skyrocketing. Not surprising.

- How much does it cost to join a gym these days? Like LA Fitness or something? Per month and initiation fee?

More importantly tonight - they're finally going to tell us WTF is going on on "Wayward Pines." What a weird, terrible show. I don't know if I love it or hate it. I may have to check out the books this is based on once the series is over.

Forget that Tubby lost the fax. Can anyone believe that the NCAA actually bought the story? No way Randy becomes eligible in the Twitter age.

Just build an "American Ninja Warrior" course in your home/backyard, Chad. I watch that show sometimes, and it seems like everyone of those buttholes on there has done this.

I picked the Cavs to win before the series and i think they know they can't give one up tonight. They win.

So has Cleveland been playing the "Warriors, come out and PLAAAYEEEEEEAAAAYYYYYY!" movie clip before every game? Well, they should.

Just build an "American Ninja Warrior" course in your home/backyard, Chad. I watch that show sometimes, and it seems like everyone of those buttholes on there has done this.

I watched that for the first time ever last night. I remember when I watched American Gladiators when I was a kid and thinking that I could totally own that obstacle course. Fast forward to last night and I was thinking these guys are crazy stupid and there is no way I would try something like that especially having seen the guy shatter his leg on a mistimed jump. Youth.

- Interesting read on the demise of BBdK's girl I-G-G-Y Azaela.

- Gotta admit, I have a little trouble with "friendlies" in soccer. Are they more similar to an NBA regular season game or a preseason- basically, are they relatively unimportant but still matter somewhat or just completely meaningless exhibitions? Should US Soccer Fan be pumped at all about taking down Germany?

Seth Greenberg has grown on me a lot since he left VaTech and got into the booth. Could be a good listen on KSR today. He was also on the other end of my biggest twitter conflict to-date (obviously spats with mengus dont count) after I ranted about Boeheim being a mediocre tourney coach- his response unleashed a lot of hate from other syracuse fans. One of those times when you have to turn the phone off bc the notifications went nuts... We were living in Alabama at the time which was stated in my profile- and the generic redneck jokes just kept coming. Had no idea until that night that upstate NY was the mecca of cultural harmony.

So has Cleveland been playing the "Warriors, come out and PLAAAYEEEEEEAAAAYYYYYY!" movie clip before every game? Well, they should.

And coincidentally(or not), that movie's airing today on Sundance Channel, and has been regularly for the past month or so.

Baseball Furies FTW.

- Gotta admit, I have a little trouble with "friendlies" in soccer. Are they more similar to an NBA regular season game or a preseason- basically, are they relatively unimportant but still matter somewhat or just completely meaningless exhibitions? Should US Soccer Fan be pumped at all about taking down Germany?
They're basically exhibitions, but teams do use them to prepare for tourneys or World Cup qualifiers. Germany didn't use all of its big guns yesterday, but we didn't, either. So feel free to hoot and holler at any passing Germans. To me, it's a big deal no matter what. Not often you beat the best team in the world.

Beating Netherlands and Germany back to back on foreign soil is a HUGE STEP for the USMNT. Klinsmann has completely remade the US team with youth, and it shares a lot of similarities (though with lesser high end talent) with the changes he made with the German National Team over a decade ago. Yes, the Netherlands and Germany were playing 75% squads, but in the past, the USMNT wouldn't have stood a chance in "friendlies" like this. Lots of exciting players in this bunch.

The U.S.'s first goal yesterday was as good as anything you'd see from Germany, Spain, Brazil, etc. And the U-20 kids are playing in their World Cup right now and have made it to the quarterfinals. There's definitely some fun things happening right now if you're into U.S. soccer.

- Thanks, Soccer guys.

- So, Cincy's hosting the MLB AS Game in a month and all I can think about is how it's going F up my parking situation and traffic getting home from work.

- Thanks, Soccer guys.

- So, Cincy's hosting the MLB AS Game in a month and all I can think about is how it's going F up my parking situation and traffic getting home from work.
Also, someone just painted an olde timey handlebar mustache on your parking spot FYI.

- Absolutely believe Tubby lost that fax. That man was so disorganized. It's an absolute crime the type of players he was bringing in here during his last few years.

- Running on the beach is that much more enjoyable.

- On a dark rum kick down here. Pineapple and Cruzan with fresh pineapple slices.
Laid back buzz. Doesn't hit as hard as bourbon and has good taste unlike vodka.

Soccer pretty much ruins Twitter.

Seems like the new "cool" thing to Tweet about to make these guys feel important/smart, 90% from people who'd never Tweeted about soccer in their life until the past few years....

The fake passion so many suddenly seem to have for foreign countries/clubs playing across the pond is pretty funny to me.

So, I'm leaving for the former home of the RickyBobby in the morning. Last night, my cat's paw starts bleeding again. He has had 2 surgeries and at least 6 vet visits already.

A few months ago, it looked like the problem was removed for good, along with 70% of his paw pad. At least now we know it is a tumor, or bloody mass if you prefer, that has come back.

So instead of a neighbor feeding him for free, I am spending $225 for him to stay at the vet's. Of course that doesn't count the cost of him being examined and treated by the vet.

Pets and kids, guys. They'll suck the money right out of your wallet. Pets and mother touching kids.

I remember when I used to blow my money on shots and lap dances. Sigh.

- Rum is the perfect booze for the beach. Drank Captains for four straight days when we were all in HHI 9-10 years ago until my body eventually shut down.

- I just don't "get" being super passionate about a sport/team you just decided to become a fan of in the last few years. I understand the lifelong diehard because I am one. It's ingrained in me to care so much about UK and the Reds and Bengals. It was never a decision. I didn't turn it on. But these super soccer fans to me, it almost seems phony or pretentious, put-on. Not surprisingly, many of these guys are Sportswriter Guy.

I'm an organic sports fan. I don't believe in manufactured bullshit.

Rooting for America is something you are born into.

You can't turn your love for the USA on and off.

It's mother touching America, asshole.

What BBdK and I are talking about isn't necessarily about the US team. Sure, it bleeds into World Cup stuff, but that's not entirely it.

I'm all about the US, especially when the WC comes around.

...that's not what we're talking about.

Twitter will blow up over a Qatar/Trinidad & Tobago friendly w/ all these sportswriters (and John Apostolpoloupolouolspous) losing their SHIT and tweeting as furiously as they do the Super Bowl. [eyeroll]

I'm all about the US, especially when the WC comes around.

...that's not what we're talking about.

Twitter will blow up over a Qatar/Trinidad & Tobago friendly w/ all these sportswriters (and John Apostolpoloupolouolspous) losing their SHIT and tweeting as furiously as they do the Super Bowl. [eyeroll]
Sounds like a 'you' problem. Need to reevaluate your Twitter follow game.

-Unless mixed in a fruity drink I have no love for Rum. It's right there with tequila and gin for me. No thanks.

-Agree with WCC, casual fandom is for the birds. I've tried to pick up a couple NFL and NBA teams but it's just not going to work.

-World Cup is a damn blast. I get nervous and antsy watching it.

Good Tequila/Mezcal is severely underrated...I have no real reason why I don't drink it more, and I'm not even talking about Margaritas.

-Chumps is awesome, one of my favorite internet follows without question...and if you aren't, you're missing out.

-My parents told me not to drink Rum so as a 35 year old I won't even have a sip out of respect for them. [eyeroll]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT