ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Tubby was fully capable of the whole Adam Williams "misunderstanding." And that he was too durr to withdraw the "offer."

I absolutely believe it COULD have happened, which is why I was wondering...the guy couldn't find a fax that would make his best player eligible for how many months? Seriously, that happened. Tubby lost a fax on his desk from his best player asking to be kept eligible.

"We had asked for it but never received a copy of it,'' said Wally Renfro, spokesperson for the NCAA.

So what happened?

According to Kentucky, the fax was misplaced. Smith found it while rifling through his desk this week.

The fax was dated May 9th...he found the damn thing in December, on his f***ing desk. In hindsight, he probably should have been fired on the spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
- Have always thought "Major" was an underrated first name.

- Adam Williams lol. Some of the bullshit UK fans had to put up with in the late 00s was ridiculous. Oh well, at least our football team was a fun watch.

- Coke Zero and Diet Dr. Pepper are neck-and-neck for me as far as best soft drink.

I can confirm the intensity of the Lipscomb camps. I can't read anything from Jerry Meyer on twitter without thinking of the tirade of F bombs he dropped on all the campers after someone took a dump in a pizza box and left it for him to find. He was so pissed he made the counselors run. It was so effing hot in the high school gym (the house that Oliver Simmons built) they'd have to stop us every couple hours to mop the sweat up. They had each camper carry around a notebook to write down things throughout the day, by the end of camp it looked like I had washed it in the spin cycle. Oh and their yellow and purple "Bison Basketballs' they gave away were horrible.

Blue chips camp was cake and the Dick Baumgartner shooting camp was as well.

Always loved summer ball. I can definitely remember playing four games in a day in two different towns on several occasions. You could get in a fight, be thrown out of the game, and end up getting in a scrum with the same team 24 hours later in the middle school gym next door. AAU tourneys were a mess with people sneaking alcohol/pot/random cheerleaders in their room.

Thinking of Adam Williams takes me back to all the back and forth over Tubby's recruiting and awful posters like Smokey Pearl - what ever happened to that psycho?

Nolan Barger and his wife ran the pizza racket at Kyle Macy camps. I'll never forget how he'd pronounce the word "pizza" because he would use the word 50,000 times when explaining the ordering process to the camp.

"Alright, the pizza orders for those who want some pizza at the end of the day this week are going to be handled by Mrs. Barger. She's in charge of the pizza for the week. $10 a pizza. So anyone who just has to have their pizza fix this week needs to have their pizza orders and their pizza money ready and submitted to Mrs. by 3:00 every day. Pepperoni pizzas, sausage pizzas, cheese pizzas... no special pizza orders so sorry for those who like supreme pizzas or anything crazy like anchovy pizzas. Again, Mrs. Barger is who you need to see and with your pizza money ready. We'll have the pizzas delivered by 7:30 every night and when we break for the day you can pick up your pizza here in the gym to take home. Then, you can eat your pizza in your room and I recommend eating your pizza after you shar' (shower). You're going to be dirty and tired from playing a lot of basketball and having a nice pepperoni pizza, sausage pizza, or cheese pizza there ready when you're freshened up may be nice. Alright? Everybody understand the pizza ordering process with Mrs. Barger? Again, pizza money needs to be given to Mrs. Barger when you order or else you won't get your pizza. We can't order the pizza without the money first. So bring your pizza money to the gym after lunch because you won't have time to go back to your room and get it during the afternoon session. Kyle, I think that's it for the pizza ordering this week."

Every damn day. I wanted to murder someone by the third pizza.

Reactions: Mashburned
There is 0 chance that fax actually existed as they say it did. Isn't it pretty much just understood that the fax "magically" appeared because we needed it to? I mean, I have no problem with that at all.

Lived in the same suburb as the Berto Center, where the Bulls practiced. It was common knowledge among everyone...sorry you weren't privy to the tipping practices of star athletes in your podunk town.
[pfftt] He was way out in front of the Travis Ford is an ass bandwagon.

There is 0 chance that fax actually existed as they say it did. Isn't it pretty much just understood that the fax "magically" appeared because we needed it to? I mean, I have no problem with that at all.
Anyone other than Tubby involved and I'd agree with you. I'll bet his desk was a GD mess. Videotapes covered with nacho cheese, old receipts for tube socks, used tissues, etc.

I tend to believe it because there are so many better lies than, "I couldn't find it on my desk for seven months." Ones that don't make the head coach look like a lazy, incompetent schmuck.

hongrystainsag2.jpg

I don't buy that Pippen was a bad tipper. I thought "they" were known for being very generous tippers?

Reactions: Beavis606
If I had to rank my favorite camps...

1. Kentucky Football Camp - 1990 (one of the only full contact camps around)

I attended this same camp. It was crazy. Cheerleader camp, 4H camp, and I want to say band camp was all going at the same time. Just wished I'd been older. It was summer before soph year and I was just 14 getting ready to turn 15. Also attended UK's baseball camp that year. It started the Monday after the FB camp. My parents came up to wacth the end of camp scrimmage. Afterwards, we did lex, got a hotel room, and then checked into the baseball camp the following day. I was so freakin tired though, I left the baseball camp a day and half early, which my parents didn't like at all. They would only send me to EKU camps the rest of my HS playing days, and that's mainly due to them being cheaper and a lot of my team mates would be attending also. That UK camp was awesome though. Other than me getting laid, I don't how it could have been better.

-Yes, Tubby was that disorganized. I'm pretty sure (word-of-mouth from "reliable" "sources") that he did, in fact, lose it.

-Went to Cal Father-Son camps in 2011 and 2012. If you go in with the understanding that the point is to be around the program and soak it up - and not get a ton of advanced instruction - it is awesome. Lots of interaction with players, and most were super cool. Alex was in charge of one of our groups and he was awesome, as was Harrow.

Back then (and maybe now), they would end Friday night by letting the team scrimmage in front of the campers, the very first time as a team that included the incoming FR. The coaches actually had to leave the gym because NCAA. Pretty damn cool experience seeing Davis, et al. in June 2011 and then holding the resulting trophy when we returned to camp in June 2012.

In fact, that was kind of where my "dream" of seeing them win #8 started - seeing those guys up close, I just KNEW. My only reservation was whether Teague would be good enough, and he developed over the season.

-Don Lane's camp was always more pure fun from a basketball learning / participation standpoint. Definitely learned a lot about fundamentals there.

-Someone needs to repost the MattsCats(?) cartoon of Sheray on his bicycle taking the last shot vs. LSU. One of my favorite GYERO video creations ever.

-The f'ing joys of married life start with my wife forgetting oh...the last 3 nights to close the garage. I've been taking her car to work so didn't even see the inside of my truck until this morning only to find out that some POS stole all the change from the center console. No, not the full set of golf clubs in the back, not the tools scattered about the garage, not anything but about $11.37 of change.

- Never got to do any basketball camps because my folks did anything and everything to keep me disinterested in actually playing because bball = permanent injury, I guess. Nope, just a few summers in 98 degree heat at Bucky Dent's baseball camp where the old fvck never even showed up and we basically did drills you could do in your backyard for 3 days straight. But hey, here's your goofy ass Bucky Dent shirt and a life lesson, kid.

- Home defense. Hand gun or shotgun? This is yet another highly debated issue since some ex-sniper in Spain that works in my wife's company said shotguns are stupid because you can't get to and use them as easily as a handgun.

Both.

Handgun in a safe under bed. Shotgun in a safe in closet. If you have time (you're awake and suspect someone walking around uninvited)...12 gauge.

Someone kicks in your door at 3:25 am ---> .44

Reactions: NotchLickKat
If you're not ready to pull the trigger, neither are a good idea. Security system covering all the windows and entrances a good start. Hopefully gives you a few seconds to get prepared.

Agree with Adam, have something quick at the ready (judge with critical defense rounds for me) If you got time, grab the big dog.

Buddy has a Mossberg 500 he's wanting $300 for which seems fair based on research. Leaning that way then maybe a handgun down the road. Also fond of the pump action deterrent.

We're renting so the dog has to suffice for early warning. Loathe sleeping on ground level.

Double 00 buckshot, third round a slug.

Started watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix. Few episodes in, liking it very well.

Reactions: catlanta33
A report from WGNS in Tennessee says Jennings allegedly assaulted a high school student, damaged the alleged victim’s car, and stole various items — a cell phone, jacket and arm brace — from the vehicle before fleeing. Jennings allegedly pushed the victim in the incident hard enough to cause neck and back pain. The formal complaint from the victim also accused Jennings of throwing a rock at his car, which caused damage over $500 according to the police charges on record.

A Freshman on UT's football team stole some dude's arm brace? Ha. Good to see some things never change.

Also, Catlanta's burglar seems pretty awesome. I loathe loose change. Dude left all the important stuff and took care of a major annoyance for you. I'd leave him some scrap copper as a thank you.

Had a dumb experience at work the other day:

So I'm leaving court for the lunch recess. Instead of getting in line for the elevator, I decide to take the stairs because FAT. I'm walking by myself down the stairwell and hear someone behind me cursing up a storm, talking about eff the police that, lawyers gonna die this, eff the judge whatever, and obviously pay a little bit of attention. Next thing I know this guy is walking right next to me shoulder to shoulder still talking like this when I finally stop, wheel around on him, and ask him if he's talking to me. He's kinda stunned by this and starts apologizing "no just talking to myself, sorry, no sir, not you, definitely not you sir" and I start walking again. He stays a few steps back and starts up again and at this time I realize how stupid it was to confront a crazy angry person while alone in a closed stairwell and hustle down the last two floors, wait for dude to walk past me and leave and hang back to let security know what was going on so they can keep an eye on him when he comes back in later that day.

They also agreed with me that it was probably pretty dumb to start fights with crazy people in an enclosed stairwell.

Thankfully I left my handgun, shotgun, and katana back at the office that day.

Got lost in a YouTube hole last night & Watched Candid Camera/JustforLaughs/TriggerHappyTV/various Foreign prank shows (the best, ruthless) for 2 hours last night.

Those things are my hatboggan, I can never get enough....some are cheesy/bad, but the good ones get more laughs out of me than pretty much anything.

Got lost in a YouTube hole last night & Watched Candid Camera/JustforLaughs/TriggerHappyTV/various Foreign prank shows (the best, ruthless) for 2 hours last night.

Those things are my hatboggan, I can never get enough....some are cheesy/bad, but the good ones get more laughs out of me than pretty much anything.
I'm a big fan of the head smashing clown in the parking garage or anything Infarto.

My favorite thing on Youtube right now is Screen Junkies Honest Trailers.

Warriors pull even tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT