ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I’d say this will be the last of this group in Boston. I don’t have a clue how a GM decides who to move between Tatum/Brown but it’s hard to believe one of them isn’t gone.

Reactions: roguemocha
No killers, as I’ve said, Tatum is great but won’t beat someone that has hate in their heart like Butler.

I agree the GM, Brad Stevens, it’s going to have a tough decision.

Tatum was a -12 at home game 7.

@cole an 8 seed hasn’t made the finals in 24 years but I don’t know how basketball works, 8s beat 1s regularly and then proceed to the finals, clockwork actually.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I don’t know who this guy is but he has UL as the second most talented team in the country next year.

UL #2

“When put all together, it has the makings of a potentially special team. According to Bart Torvik's 2024 college basketball projections, as of this writing, Louisville is projected to have the second-most talented team in all of college basketball with a projected effective talent rating of 83.1. The only school with a higher number is fellow ACC member Duke with a projected effective talent rating of 90.3.”

I don’t know who this guy is but he has UL as the second most talented team in the country next year.

UL #2

“When put all together, it has the makings of a potentially special team. According to Bart Torvik's 2024 college basketball projections, as of this writing, Louisville is projected to have the second-most talented team in all of college basketball with a projected effective talent rating of 83.1. The only school with a higher number is fellow ACC member Duke with a projected effective talent rating of 90.3.”
Payne seems like a great dude and all, but I don't put a lot of stock in anybody in Coach Cal's coaching tree. So I'll put a zillion dollars on the under.

West Virginia fans calling the dorm stay, ‘unacceptable’. You serious? I mean, the dorm accommodations are prolly 20x better than any West Virginia hotel.

Those bashing Tatum… he did roll his ankle on the first possession of the game. It looked pretty bad, imo.

No Oscar? Was looking for a Mags smilie tweet over the weekend.

Hopped over to Gin&Tonics this weekend. Meh. Gimme brown water all\air.

Nephews wedding this weekend (black tie). WTF?

Friend’s daughter (24) OD’d over the weekend. The drugs are way too powerful these days. So strong, in fact, that they take away my Libertarian stance. That and Post-Covid mental health damage to young people… fu*k. RIP.

Short week.

West Virginia fans calling the dorm stay, ‘unacceptable’. You serious? I mean, the dorm accommodations are prolly 20x better than any West Virginia hotel.
Lol… I stayed at a Sheraton in Charleston WV with my family for a night two summers ago. They upgraded me to a “suite”. I swear to God there was dried blood splattered all over the drapes. I went downstairs to complain about it and this dude was standing there in line with two Rottweilers on a leash trying to lunge at people. I went back upstairs to my bloody room.

Yep Tatum managed to contribute 14/11/4 on a rolled ankle.

Collectively they shot themselves out of a NBA Finals appearance once again proving not everyone is the GSW and raining three’s isn’t always best case.

- Feel like I should have just taken off this week. 8th Grade Graduation Wednesday with our 7th and 8th graders having kids over for a pool party. Senior Graduation Sunday and our 6YO’s birthday too so we are having his party on Saturday.

- Busted out the pressure washer on our side patio this weekend. I love that damn thing.

- In the market for a pizza oven. My old lady has been looking into how to make sauce and dough ever since last weeks trip to Lupo. I have no doubt I’ll buy one, the most expensive if I know her, and it will disappear next to the homemade pasta maker thing I bought years ago with not a single meal made.

- Memorial Day dinner with her very Bullitt County family is always something. I didn’t even get out a “how’s it going” before being questioned about that damn Bud Light Orange I like. Clearly no one there supports Bud Light anymore and all were drinking Miller Lite just to show they mean business.

I honestly didn’t even know what the boycott was over, but as expected they were falling all over themselves to tell me about some transgender stuff it’s all about.

Now I’m torn. I mean on one hand does everything have to be accepted and announced, but on the other pissing that segment of America ALL THE OFF is a good thing IMO.

- Our 16YO niece is learning to drive. Not terrible, but definitely has some work to do. She is scared to death of driving backwards, so being the asshole I am that’s all I’ll let her practice. I’m pretty sure she hates me.

- Denver sweeps Miami.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
One of the dumbest things we used to do as a society was go on vacation with kids and then at least one night during the week/weekend drag them all out of the pool/beach/lake, make them shower and get dressed, then all go to Uncle Fun Time’s Salty Pier Fish Factory to wait an hour for a table of 8+ to order chicken fingers. COVID was mostly bad, but its necessary elevation of take out to its proper spot was a silver lining.

-May not be enough rooms to block for 3 entire baseball teams but a quick search just showed plenty of options in Lexington this weekend.

-I f*cking love coffee.

-Celts out, now I can enjoy the Finals.

-Duke has a long history of mentally weak bitches. Probably because you have to be a bitchboi follower to buy into that brotherhood BS they sell.

-The thing with pizza ovens or making pizza at home... it's WAY harder than ordering one and the quality is rarely much better.

-Bubbly or Nooners during the day and vino or burb evenings.

-Not surprising but the anti-cancel culture/ non-wokesters have become extremely efficient cancelers themselves. Lol, this world.

One of the dumbest things we used to do as a society was go on vacation with kids and then at least one night during the week/weekend drag them all out of the pool/beach/lake, make them shower and get dressed, then all go to Uncle Fun Time’s Salty Pier Fish Factory to wait an hour for a table of 8+ to order chicken fingers. COVID was mostly bad, but its necessary elevation of take out to its proper spot was a silver lining.
My parents would do this and then take us to red f’n lobster.

Contactless delivery from the degenerates and convicts and neer do wells that drive for the food apps was easily the greatest COVID invention.

Just leave it on the front porch and keep your 20% tip, weirdo. I’ll open the door and pick it up once my Ring doorbell confirms you’ve driven your ‘97 Kia Sportage down the road and it’s safe to come out.

We have a pizza stone in our bottom oven, it does the job just fine for a standard homemade pizza. The grill is a solid option too, a homemade Margherita is hard to beat.

Making pizza in NJ/CT/NY area is a waste of time… in KY, I’d definitely give it a shot.
Homemade pizza - if done right - is just as good and cheaper than carry out. Even in NJ.

Edit: Not sure what's so funny @gobigbluebell - I used to work at a gourmet pizza place when I was a kid. The ingredients for dough are flour, water, yeast, oil and a little sugar (sometimes). Dough in a restaurant isn't any different than dough at home. The topings are all the same too. The biggest difference I can tell is that you're not going to have a coal burning stove at home. But with the new pizza ovens and other tricks you can apply, you can get close enough. And I said carry out vs homemade. Meaning I'd rather have a pizza directly out of the oven than one that came out of the oven 10+ minutes ago.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: gobigbluebell
Up until about 30 minutes ago I thought it was Halle Berry in the new little mermaid movie. I was like, that’s kind of an odd choice? She’s like 55 years old? And why did they photoshop her head all weird. Turns out, it’s a different black chick all together 😭😭😭 Halle Bailey. I can’t be the only one!!

I liked the succession finale. It felt realistic. Kendall’s breakdown was great. I love what they did with Tom. What a character. Love it.

Needed a new show and I saw the suggestion for that “Jared From Subway” doc. Told my wife we should watch that. She was like, “oh ok. Yeah. That’ll be interesting. Is it about how he lost all that weight?” ????? I’m like, they might mention it but I’d say the FIRST DEGREE PEDOPHILIA will probably be the focus?? She had no idea!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

- Memorial Day dinner with her very Bullitt County family is always something. I didn’t even get out a “how’s it going” before being questioned about that damn Bud Light Orange I like. Clearly no one there supports Bud Light anymore and all were drinking Miller Lite just to show they mean business.
Good for them. I'll never drink a Bud Light again until they profusely apologize. Not because that Dylan what's his name fiasco, but for their marketing lady complaining that Bud Light is too fratty. I'm still offended over that. I was brand loyal to them when I was a frat guy. I feel betrayed! Betcha won't see Kodiak Wintergreen coming out and stabbing frat guys in the back.

Eating out- vacation- I'm at the point I don't even want to fight the masses with just the missus in tow.
I know I'm old but sign me up for a 5:00 reservation so I'm back early enough to enjoy a drink and cigar at the beach as the sun goes down.

Homemade pizza on stone is fine. Sense of accomplishment and ego for some. Some pizza's, like thin crust, don't travel well from restaurant to your home table. That said, no one is making their own regularly where every corner has their own pie that is better than what you make at home.

Up until about 30 minutes ago I thought it was Halle Berry in the new little mermaid movie. I was like, that’s kind of an odd choice? She’s like 55 years old? And why did they photoshop her head all weird. Turns out, it’s a different black chick all together 😭😭😭 Halle Bailey. I can’t be the only one!!

I liked the succession finale. It felt realistic. Kendall’s breakdown was great. I love what they did with Tom. What a character. Love it.

Needed a new show and I saw the suggestion for that “Jared From Subway” doc. Told my wife we should watch that. She was like, “oh ok. Yeah. That’ll be interesting. Is it about how he lost all that weight?” ????? I’m like, they might mention it but I’d say the FIRST DEGREE PEDOPHILIA will probably be the focus?? She had no idea!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Honestly, you should’ve just watched it with her without giving any warning beforehand. “Well, I never knew THAT’S what they meant by ‘eat fresh!’”

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT