ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pizza Lupo tonight. Supposed to be the best pizza in town, and it was good but I’ve had better for sure. Sting like a Bee pizza was all we tried, but the table next to us had some crazy starfish looking pizza that looked interesting in a different way.

Margaritas were good as were a few of the suggested beers.

The smoked oysters though! Unbelievable how much better those were than raw. $24 for 6 seemed steep but I also only order them in Florida so whatever. Fantastic!

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Pizza Fiore. “Starfish looking…”. (Apt descriptor tho) 🤣

Lupo is elite, in any city. Several neo pizzas, 1-2 fresh pastas, and a few apps/salad nightly.

Wouldn’t be out of place in NYC or Florence. It’s 1000% legit.

Likely not what you’re looking for bubber. Better stick with Cajun Alfredo in Shep.

Last edited:
Reactions: krazykats
Pizza Fiore. “Starfish looking…”. (Apt descriptor tho) 🤣

Lupo is elite, in any city. A few neo pizzas, 1-2 fresh pastas, and a few apps/salad nightly.

Wouldn’t be out of place in NYC or Florence. It’s 1000% legit.

Likely not what you’re looking for bubber. Better stick with Cajun Alfredo in Shep.
None of this means anything just fyi. I will translate. “I’m fat and like ANY pizza when drunk”.

-bbdk

• I think the young athletes who dress like goofballs have some fashion co. in their ear telling them they're the next big thing and they fall for it.
  • First time I've actually seen this, but there was an article on ESPN today where Mahomes - who is now 7th highest paid QB - talked about how while it's great to get paid a lot, but he does worry about what it means in terms of who else they can sign. Another point for Mahomes in Wayne's book. I get QB's - or anybody for that matter - wanting to get the largest deal possible, but at some point you almost would have to say, "do I want another X million a year on top of the $40M I'm making, or do I want another lineman so I don't get killed?"
  • Some clown brought his giant pitbull into Graeters tonight. It had a big sign that warned "do not pet". Get the f outta here man... this isn't Dairy Queen.

Reactions: 80 Proof
When it comes to pizza, we try it all and go out of our way to hit different spots actually. It was very good but I wouldn’t say “best in the city”

Despite looking at the menu before hand I was caught off guard by the drink menu and how odd some stuff was.

Also we normally over order our first time everywhere and just take scraps to the kids, but for $25 a pie and such little tables it was not the thing to do.

So far the wife has DiOrio’s #1 and it won’t be easy to remove that for her. I think the Post has been the best, but Sicilian has made some really good ones too.

Also, after weeks of disciplined “no bread” etc diet, after 2 pieces I was full.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
Lupo isn’t a family place, no doubt

Soft spot for DiOrios, lotta memories there…grab a GIBBON for the fam soon. You’ll need your truck to haul. It’s hilarious. Will absolutely not fit in a sedan, which I trust you don’t have as a father/caretaker of 17. God Bless 🙏

…but Post can get pumped. They get hyped endlessly here for “NY Style” and it’s not even close…thick (for ny) doughy mess. Hipster poser bullshit imo.

Noted Calzone hater, but Sicilian is the local exception. Their Italian Stromboli is 🔥🔥🔥

Now I’m done

Last edited:
Annie's in Portland is the most underrated pizza in the city.

False. Lol. Assume it’s same as Cane Run? Buffet was a unique feature, like gatti Town I suppose. Great for little league outings.

Stand alone? Lmao. I pity you & fellow Portland folk, but also kinda adorable 🥰

Iroquois was an institution. Hate that, and all the others closing monthly across all food genres. Give it 5 more years and the local “classics” will all be year 2000+

Like How does Magee’s close? Smh. Loudon, Parkette, Rick’s White Light, etc.

Sad.

Last edited:
I think there's a limit to how good pizza can be (and we've achieved it) and everybody's just out there chasing after a unicorn at this point. The delta between the best pizza you've ever had and something out there that could be better is infinitesimal. So what I mean is, stop worrying about finding the best pizza. It doesn't exist.

Last edited:
I've lived in and had a lot of pizza in large cities around the country but haven't found one that claims to be NY style that measures up.

In my 3.5 years up there I always heard "It's the water" and that seems to be the case with all these places around the country coming up short. Same could be said for bagels. I'm sure there are some rat droppings mixed in...don't care.

This especially applies to burgers too. I had this revelation after waiting 2 hours to eat at Au Cheval in Chicago for an over seasoned double from “the best burger place in the world. Went back with friends another time and it was much better, but never again will I wait more than 30 minutes for any burger.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
Man, sending the police to Ja’s house was not cool whoever did that. Dude is just trying to have some me time and be left alone and you send the police there? Shewee, I would’ve not been happy:

The snarky text group's discovery a few months ago that Spake is likely back on the market has been one of the more exciting times for us. Her constant stream of selfies looking incredible and not wearing a wedding ring seem to support the theory. She's really primed to be linked with someone more influential in the sports world.

Was at my neighbors having a beer in his ridiculously new renovated outdoor kitchen and he had this baller little speaker that I immediately coveted. Sounded great, passed the looks test, was portable. I was all in until I saw the price- but I do look forward to Anth's review of his future purchase of the TurtleBox.

Not sure I've been to a bad Thai restaurant.

Definitely had some bad experiences with Chinese and Japanese (a dirty hibachi/sushi joint might be as bad as it gets).

Bad pizza is generally still good, unless it's over priced or over hyped. All about expectation. Paid $30 for a terrible cardboard crusted, Totino's looking piece of trash from Sir Pizza once. Worst pizza I've ever had. If it was $6 it would've been fine.

I don't hate Little Caesar's.

Reactions: roguemocha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT