ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously doesn't have the overall recognition of someone from one of the "main" sports, but on a % basis, there can't be anyone higher than Fred Couples.

Plenty of people hate Jordan and other obvious answers. Pretty certain Freddy is 100%, and if he isn't, I don't care to meet that person.

Yeah not that I understand it but every golfball I know loves Couples.

Fred Couples can kiss my ass

Quite the May we’ve had. Had to deal with my wife’s dementia ridden grandmother dying the last two weekends, meaning we had to go to WV and deal with her insanely WT family. Mercy hope my wife is able to overpower those genes.

This weekend wedding in Charlotte, next weekend doing our 10 yr anniversary in Santorini. Never been to Europe and cannot wait. On trip back our flight resulted in an overnight in London so booked a night at the Ritz and gonna explore as best we can for one night. London has never been on my radar so not sure what to expect

Finally made it to good weather it seems, thank god

Yup, worship. Ritz is in Mayfair, which is one of the richest hoods you'll find anywhere in the world. Stayed there on my first trip, and a Mercedes/BMW marcus welby a Corolla, was wild.

You can walk a bunch of places from there, but like NYC, you could visit London 10x and barely make a dent.

Santorini is quite a first Euro stop, however. Greeks are weird AF, but place overall is just surreal. Trust you have a sick cliffside Villa. Jelly!

We stayed here, in Oia: https://ikies.com/

-I think all the time about how unreal it would be if the US had a speed rail system like Europe. I mean, Damn. Just imagine being able to just hop a train last minute, and be damn near anywhere up and down the East Coast in a matter of hours or less, with minimal planning/hassle/spend.

"Yo, wanna hit Chicago/NYC/Miami tomorrow?" Boom, outta here...

Last edited:
Yup, worship. Ritz is in Mayfair, which is one of the richest hoods you'll find anywhere in the world. Stayed there on my first trip, and a Mercedes/BMW marcus welby a Corolla, was wild.

You can walk a bunch of places from there, but like NYC, you could visit London 10x and barely make a dent.

Santorini is quite a first Euro stop, however. Greeks are weird AF, but place overall is just surreal. Trust you have a sick cliffside Villa. Jelly!

We stayed here, in Oia: https://ikies.com/

-I think all the time about how unreal it would be if the US had a speed rail system like Europe. I mean, Damn. Just imagine being able to just hop a train last minute, and be damn near anywhere up and down the East Coast in a matter of hours or less, with minimal planning/hassle/spend.

What you think about LA?

^

...it was as expected. Not for me, too much driving/traffic, to literally go anywhere. But, we had a nice time, especially once we settled in down in Malibu/SM for the final 2 nights after being out way out near Calabasas the first two nights to be near lassie's son (purpose of the trip) - will drop some thoughts soon. I'd happily go back for a good reason such as that, but never just to visit.

Last edited:
Didn’t know Lexington high schools paid a teacher to be a LGBTQ club sponsor. But guess I shouldn’t be surprised since the superintendent is part of that community and have seen plenty of this type of stuff in Fayette County schools. Go ahead and bash me for posting. I don’t think this stuff has any place in schools. A good friend told me their kids class - 3rd grade - goes to a “be well” teacher once a month. That teacher told the kids its ok for boys to wear skirts. I think the new “be well” classes are a way to get this type of stuff in schools. This occurred at one of the better elementary schools in Lexington.

The LGBTQ club sponsor salary line item is in the 2023-2024 budget on page 18:

Kaluma in the portal. Julian Phillips in the portal. Rumors of Jordan Walsh and Kobe Brown. Maybe the 4 won’t be an issue after all.

Reactions: Col. Angus
near Calabasas
Was flying back from Vancouver and our Alaskan cruise this weekend by way of LAX, descending over the Calabasas area, and the guy behinds me points out the window to his seatmate like he's a tour guide "Right down there is where Kobe's helicopter crashed." Another guy snaps at him "Are you serious right now, bro?" Silence until touch down. :oops:

I can see Vern Excelling in Poetry and Art categories on Jeopardy.

- LOL at Bob Huggins going through sensitivity training. I'm sure UCL and KL could come up with a hilariously good skit based on that.

- HSBC downgrades BUD. Not a major analyst but no reason to roll your eyes either. Their other products are starting to lose sales.

Reactions: syrus12
We in fact are staying cliff side, and in Oia to boot! Looks like I’ll be following in good footsteps. We can’t really leave our children for more than 5/6 days so our entire trip is 5 days, meaning 3 days with 2 days of traveling. Everyone has pretty much told us what massive losers we are for only going for a short time, but I don’t want to wait until I’m 50 to start going cool places. We get in London around 5:30 PM and then fly out 9:00 AM. Pretty ridiculous travel set up we know but #YOLO or some shit. Already got reservations at the best Indian place in town supposedly. We made reservations 2 months ago and all they had left was a table at 9:30.

LA is fine, always struck me as a cool place to live but kinda just fine to visit. Extremely spread out, good weather, beaches, good food, etc. but as a tourist Hollywood and LA are gross, you’re constantly in traffic to visit anything, and there’s no central hub. My wife’s friends live in Santa Monica and it’s pretty cool

The Indian food scene in London is better than anywhere in India according to many. I learned to love curry there.

Reactions: Ron Mehico

This. Enjoyed going into NYC in middle of week when I had Knicks tix, early 90’s.
Concerts at Garden? Take the train.
Girl in NVA, buddies in Baltimore, hop the Amtrak. Drink on way down and back, no worries.
Buddies in Boston and RI, take the train.
To be young again, would take more advantage than I did.

When in LA you kind of have to stick in the pocket of town you are in. In West LA - stay there. South Bay - stay there. Pasadena - Stay there. It’s way too big of a place to try and do everything. Can say the same thing about NYC though. It’s not like you go hang out in Queens when you are in midtown.

Reactions: wcc31
SGA as 1st team All NBA is remarkable.

Unreal. Jesus. All NBA, any team, is the highest honor in world basketball after the MVP obviously

That’s just crazy.

Pretty decent company 🤣. What a dude.

Shout out to Fox finally getting his after a BS late All Star injury selection & Randle with a surprise 2nd selection.

Last edited:
Why would you hang out in Queens? NYC is really easy to navigate. My one time driving in LA took 6 hours to get to Big Bear, which was like 60 miles. We stopped 3 times for bathroom and food.

The point is it’s a separate part of town. A unique Geo within a bigger Geo. LA is A LOT of those.

And Pro Tip —-> fly into Ontario if you are going to Big Bear. From LAX? No thanks. 05 is going to a training this weekend in Redlands. Flying home out of Ontario. There are 5 airports here - use them.

SGA is building. His stats & performance, especially in clutch, speaks for itself.

Unlike the All Star game and other, All NBA is a wide panel of 100+ NBA honks, including all teams broadcasters, reporters, etc.

Probably worth noting SGA was the 4th highest vote getter, ahead of Luka.

It’s not a popularity contest. It’s not career, market, resume, or fan based.

Who had the best season? Random stat guns don’t get honored. It’s an award of NBA peers for the most part.

I’d argue All NBA is the purest awards honor in major sports in terms of who’s truly deserving.

Last edited:
SGA is building. His stats & performance, especially in clutch, speaks for itself.

Unlike the All Star game and other, All NBA is a wide panel of 100+ NBA honks, including all teams broadcasters, reporters, etc.

Probably worth noting SGA was the 4th highest vote getter, ahead of Luka.

It’s not a popularity contest. It’s not career, market, resume, or fan based.

Who had the best season? Random stat guns don’t get honored. It’s an award of NBA peers for the most part.

I’d argue All NBA is the purest awards honor in major sports in terms of who’s truly deserving.
I know the Bill Simmons crew love SGA. And I'm actually more surprised Luka made the first team than SGA. That last part of the season was dreadful for the Mavs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT