ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancel culture doesn’t exist. Period.

-#PTI(pti)

Just look at Trump or Morgan Wallen!!! And Kanye!! They’re killing it!

Woke Mobs simply aren’t a thing. Single mistakes have have zero effect on public people in 2023, it’s all a mirage

Who cares of you get labeled a racist or whatever, or have your NAME tarnished for eternity over an unfortunate moment, lol

As long as you get the bag. Jmo. 🙄

It’s not “cancel culture,” you idiot. Every single person on here with a job that shows up at work drunk and pops off with a couple of slurs in front of a huge audience would get fired. Try it today at your own job if you don’t believe me.

I don’t think he should get let go, and I really hope it doesn’t happen, but if it does I promise it won’t be because of the omg woke Twitter online cancel culture leftist triggered lynch mob.

but if it does I promise it won’t be because of the omg woke Twitter online cancel culture leftist triggered lynch mob.

Yeah, actually, it is. Probably as recently as 5 yrs ago, this gets a couple of days of headlines, some on-line training, and it goes away.

Behind closed doors every one of us, inc. myself, have said this and worse, and now cast the first stones. Hell, a few years ago, I put in print on this page something I still regret and am deeply sorry for, to BBdK, but it happened.

Does Huggins deserve to be fired...probably, but will the new hire have a clean slate? Not even close, but it will be fine because it wasn't caught on a mic.

Huggins is a great basketball coach. If he wasn't a great basketball coach, he'd have a hard time holding down a job. Just look at the way he looks and acts (or at least, the way he has historically acted). He has been able to get away with stuff for years that would have got others fired (or not hired in the first place). It caught up with him once before at UC and will now again. Nobody with any sense would have gone on the radio and made the comments he did yesterday. I don't think you can chalk it up as just a "mistake".

-This isn't me razzing a friend, I honestly have no idea what PTI's point is 75% time. He's a weird bird.

-Huggins was obviously hammered. He started that conversation like he was with a group of buddies at the 19th hole. He was talking about dildos and trans people like :15 seconds into the call.

-Iowa and Iowa St 20+ athletes in a gambling investigation. Yikes.

-Cal(Berkley), has to be one of the worst histories in MBB, looks to be approving a 100M practice facility in the near future.

-I know it's cool to hate the Lakers, and all our former players, but I'd love to see AD get another ring while dominating the post season.

-Tried Pine Room in Lou after Derby. Great little spot. Cauliflower app and pork chop were dope. Manhattan was perfect. I guess that's the old Basa guys? Kind of a bummer they didn't have more Vietnamese choices. Worshipped Basa.

embiid-williams-screengrab-main.jpg

Embiid is a bitch, but I applaud him for this.

The playoffs are dominated by young Wildcats, and it looks like it’s gonna be that way for a while. I’m pulling for any team with a former Cat.

Was a Laker/Kobe/Shaq fan long before AD came to UK.

Can’t stand LBJ.

However, the Lakers are lovely to watch. Basically executing the modern, modified version of the dribble drive to almost perfection. It has to drive Cal nuts to watch them beat the 3pt dependent Warriors.

The Lakers are the NBA version of 2010-2017 UK. Dominates the paint, makes more FTs than the opponent attempts, Leads the league in rebound margin and PIP, top 5 3pt % while attempting and making the fewest in the league.

The difference being that Lakers foul the least in the league, while drawing the most fouls, while their shooters actually hit their open shots during crunch time.

Obviously to make it work, you need veterans like LBJ and AD. Plus they have a coach that makes game to game, and in game adjustments as well as anyone in the league.

- Can't believe Spoelstra has been at the helm in Miami for 15 years. Been reading a good bit about him recently and how he walks that tightrope between strict accountability and making sure his guys feel cared about. It's the same balancing act that Pop has done for a long time.

- Each of those Kelly Craft "endorsements" from UK figures looks like a hostage video.

- Underrated food item...anything grilled by your local cattle farmer's association. They catered my daughter's school banquet last night, and provided steak sandwiches. About as simple as it gets, but just unbelievable quality. And you know exactly where it's coming from, which makes it even better.

- On the same note, it's also that time of year when Kroger(s) starts grilling out in front of the store, and it takes every bit of willpower to walk past it on my way in/out and not take home the steaks/ribs/etc. that they've fired up. That smell is intoxicating.

- Finally got around to watching a documentary about Dave Parker. I'm not great at HOF number comparisons, but I have to think that if he hadn't hit that three-year stretch of injuries and the strike-canceled games, his overall numbers would have been enough to get him to Cooperstown. He was unreal as a Red even at the age of 35. Pretty sure I had a Dave Parker height chart poster that they gave away that season.

- Let's go Kraken (clap clap clap-clap-clap)

- Underrated food item...anything grilled by your local cattle farmer's association. They catered my daughter's school banquet last night, and provided steak sandwiches. About as simple as it gets, but just unbelievable quality. And you know exactly where it's coming from, which makes it even better.

Same, maybe even moreso, for the KY Pork Producers. Those basic ass pork chop sandwiches are so good it's almost confusing.

-RIP to Coach Crum, what a legendary coach & guy.

- Finally got around to watching a documentary about Dave Parker. I'm not great at HOF number comparisons, but I have to think that if he hadn't hit that three-year stretch of injuries and the strike-canceled games, his overall numbers would have been enough to get him to Cooperstown. He was unreal as a Red even at the age of 35. Pretty sure I had a Dave Parker height chart poster that they gave away that season.

Probably being the Pablo Escobar of MLB hurt as well....

- I think Bowling Green Kentucky is about to famous nationwide for the rest of this week. If you don't know yet, you will soon.

- I once saw Denny Crum at a coaching clinic when I was first getting started. I must've barely been 23 and as I walked past him to go in and get my seat, he grabbed my hand like he knew who I was and said, "how are you doing? It's good to see you again!" Noticing my blank stare, he quickly realized that I was not who he thought I was.

He asked me, "have we never met?" I told him, "no sir, Coach. I would definitely remember bumping into you"

"I just assumed you were somebody I had recruited before! Take care now!" He was so cool and nice about it.

After some time, I started to wonder who he thought I reminded him of and the only thing I could come up with was LaBradford Smith. No, wait. It was a different Smith. Beau Zach. I thought I reminded him of Beau Zach Smith.

- I think Bowling Green Kentucky is about to famous nationwide for the rest of this week. If you don't know yet, you will soon.

- I once saw Denny Crum at a coaching clinic when I was first getting started. I must've barely been 23 and as I walked past him to go in and get my seat, he grabbed my hand like he knew who I was and said, "how are you doing? It's good to see you again!" Noticing my blank stare, he quickly realized that I was not who he thought I was.

He asked me, "have we never met?" I told him, "no sir, Coach. I would definitely remember bumping into you"

"I just assumed you were somebody I had recruited before! Take care now!" He was so cool and nice about it.

After some time, I started to wonder who he thought I reminded him of and the only thing I could come up with was LaBradford Smith. No, wait. It was a different Smith. Beau Zach. I thought I reminded him of Beau Zach Smith.
Maybe he confused you with another guy he saw waving once.

With the Trump news today and Title 42 invasion, I doubt a BG sex clip makes a ripple nationally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT